RFR: 8262096: Vector API fails to work without C2

RFR: 8262096: Vector API fails to work without C2

Jie Fu-2
Hi all,

Vector API won't work without C2.
The reason is that VectorSupport_GetMaxLaneCount [1] always returns -1 if C2 is not present.
But it should work even there is no JIT compiler since it's Java-level's api.
So let's fix it.

Thanks.
Best regards,
Jie

[1] https://github.com/openjdk/jdk/blob/master/src/hotspot/share/prims/vectorSupport.cpp#L364

 - 8262096: Vector API fails to work without C2

 Webrev: https://webrevs.openjdk.java.net/?repo=jdk&pr=2667&range=00
  Fetch: git fetch https://git.openjdk.java.net/jdk pull/2667/head:pull/2667

Re: RFR: 8262096: Vector API fails to work without C2 [v2]

Jie Fu-2
> Hi all,
>
> Vector API won't work without C2.
> The reason is that VectorSupport_GetMaxLaneCount [1] always returns -1 if C2 is not present.
> But it should work even there is no JIT compiler since it's Java-level's api.
> So let's fix it.
>
> Thanks.
> Best regards,
> Jie
>
> [1] https://github.com/openjdk/jdk/blob/master/src/hotspot/share/prims/vectorSupport.cpp#L364

Jie Fu has updated the pull request incrementally with one additional commit since the last revision:

  Fix zero and minimal build failure

-------------

Changes:
  - new: https://git.openjdk.java.net/jdk/pull/2667/files/0e0e03ab..059aa729

Webrevs:
 - full: https://webrevs.openjdk.java.net/?repo=jdk&pr=2667&range=01
 - incr: https://webrevs.openjdk.java.net/?repo=jdk&pr=2667&range=00-01

  Stats: 1 line in 1 file changed: 0 ins; 0 del; 1 mod

On Sun, 21 Feb 2021 23:19:52 GMT, Jie Fu <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> Vector API won't work without C2.
> The reason is that VectorSupport_GetMaxLaneCount [1] always returns -1 if C2 is not present.
> But it should work even there is no JIT compiler since it's Java-level's api.
> So let's fix it.
>
> Thanks.
> Best regards,
> Jie
>
> [1] https://github.com/openjdk/jdk/blob/master/src/hotspot/share/prims/vectorSupport.cpp#L364

After more thinking about this issue, I've found more bugs which need to be fixed.
So close this PR and re-do it.
Thanks.

Withdrawn: 8262096: Vector API fails to work without C2

Jie Fu-2
On Sun, 21 Feb 2021 23:19:52 GMT, Jie Fu <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> Vector API won't work without C2.
> The reason is that VectorSupport_GetMaxLaneCount [1] always returns -1 if C2 is not present.
> But it should work even there is no JIT compiler since it's Java-level's api.
> So let's fix it.
>
> Thanks.
> Best regards,
> Jie
>
> [1] https://github.com/openjdk/jdk/blob/master/src/hotspot/share/prims/vectorSupport.cpp#L364

This pull request has been closed without being integrated.