RFR: 8262122: [TESTBUG] Shenandoah-specific variant of TestReferenceRefersTo

RFR: 8262122: [TESTBUG] Shenandoah-specific variant of TestReferenceRefersTo

Roman Kennke
Before JDK-8262049, the test TestReferenceRefersTo.java has been failing with I-U mode, because it asserted that weak references would not be cleared when accessed during mark. JDK-8262049 split up the test into a generic part that removed the offending test, and a non-Shenandoah part that contains the test.
I think it would be useful to add the full test with Shenandoah runners under gc/shenandoah to include it in hotspot_gc_shenandoah runs.

Test:
 - [x] TestReferenceRefersToShenandoah.java
 - [ ] hotspot_gc_shenandoah

 - 8262122: [TESTBUG] Shenandoah-specific variant of TestReferenceRefersTo

 Webrev: https://webrevs.openjdk.java.net/?repo=jdk&pr=2674&range=00
  Fetch: git fetch https://git.openjdk.java.net/jdk pull/2674/head:pull/2674

Re: RFR: 8262122: [TESTBUG] Shenandoah-specific variant of TestReferenceRefersTo

Aleksey Shipilev-5
On Mon, 22 Feb 2021 11:52:25 GMT, Roman Kennke <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Before JDK-8262049, the test TestReferenceRefersTo.java has been failing with I-U mode, because it asserted that weak references would not be cleared when accessed during mark. JDK-8262049 split up the test into a generic part that removed the offending test, and a non-Shenandoah part that contains the test.
> I think it would be useful to add the full test with Shenandoah runners under gc/shenandoah to include it in hotspot_gc_shenandoah runs.
>
> Test:
>  - [x] TestReferenceRefersToShenandoah.java
>  - [ ] hotspot_gc_shenandoah

Marked as reviewed by shade (Reviewer).