RFR: 8264150: CDS dumping code calls TRAPS functions in VM thread

RFR: 8264150: CDS dumping code calls TRAPS functions in VM thread

Coleen Phillimore-3
This change initializes the vtables/itables without checking constraints.  After initializing but before the class is visible in the SystemDictionary, constraints are checked in a separate loop.

Tested with tier1-6 which includes jck tests.

 - 8264150: CDS dumping code calls TRAPS functions in VM thread

 Webrev: https://webrevs.openjdk.java.net/?repo=jdk&pr=3277&range=00
  Stats: 290 lines in 10 files changed: 146 ins; 84 del; 60 mod
  Fetch: git fetch https://git.openjdk.java.net/jdk pull/3277/head:pull/3277

Re: RFR: 8264150: CDS dumping code calls TRAPS functions in VM thread

David Holmes-2
On Tue, 30 Mar 2021 22:25:06 GMT, Coleen Phillimore <[hidden email]> wrote:

> This change initializes the vtables/itables without checking constraints.  After initializing but before the class is visible in the SystemDictionary, constraints are checked in a separate loop.
>
> Tested with tier1-6 which includes jck tests.

Thanks for fixing this one Coleen! The refactoring was a bit more extensive than I had envisaged but the end result looks good.

Marked as reviewed by dholmes (Reviewer).

Re: RFR: 8264150: CDS dumping code calls TRAPS functions in VM thread

Ioi Lam-2
On Tue, 30 Mar 2021 22:25:06 GMT, Coleen Phillimore <[hidden email]> wrote:

> This change initializes the vtables/itables without checking constraints.  After initializing but before the class is visible in the SystemDictionary, constraints are checked in a separate loop.
>
> Tested with tier1-6 which includes jck tests.

Marked as reviewed by iklam (Reviewer).

On Thu, 1 Apr 2021 06:25:08 GMT, Ioi Lam <[hidden email]> wrote:

>> This change initializes the vtables/itables without checking constraints.  After initializing but before the class is visible in the SystemDictionary, constraints are checked in a separate loop.
>>
>> Tested with tier1-6 which includes jck tests.
>
> Marked as reviewed by iklam (Reviewer).

Thanks David and Ioi.  Yes, the refactoring was a bit more involved than anticipated.