RFR[9] 8164625: Pooled HttpConnection should be removed during close

RFR[9] 8164625: Pooled HttpConnection should be removed during close

Pavel Rappo
Hello,

Could you please review the following change for [1]?

  http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~prappo/8164625/webrev.00/

This patch addresses the root cause of the problem. Namely, HTTP connections
used by requests made on behalf of the WebSocket (i.e. Opening Handshake) are no
longer returned to the connection pool. The provided test reproduces the
scenario described in the related issue.

Thanks,
-Pavel

Re: RFR[9] 8164625: Pooled HttpConnection should be removed during close

Michael McMahon
Hi Pavel

The source change looks fine. I'm not sure how the test works though.
How does it check that the connection is not retained?

Michael.

On 23/02/2017, 14:02, Pavel Rappo wrote:

> Hello,
>
> Could you please review the following change for [1]?
>
>    http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~prappo/8164625/webrev.00/
>
> This patch addresses the root cause of the problem. Namely, HTTP connections
> used by requests made on behalf of the WebSocket (i.e. Opening Handshake) are no
> longer returned to the connection pool. The provided test reproduces the
> scenario described in the related issue.
>
> Thanks,
> -Pavel

Re: RFR[9] 8164625: Pooled HttpConnection should be removed during close

Daniel Fuchs
On 23/02/17 17:31, Michael McMahon wrote:
> Hi Pavel
>
> The source change looks fine. I'm not sure how the test works though.
> How does it check that the connection is not retained?

I agree with Michael. A small comment in the test main() to
explain what's  going on and what's being tested would be nice.

best regards,

-- daniel

> Michael.
>
> On 23/02/2017, 14:02, Pavel Rappo wrote:
>> Hello,
>>
>> Could you please review the following change for [1]?
>>
>>    http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~prappo/8164625/webrev.00/
>>
>> This patch addresses the root cause of the problem. Namely, HTTP
>> connections
>> used by requests made on behalf of the WebSocket (i.e. Opening
>> Handshake) are no
>> longer returned to the connection pool. The provided test reproduces the
>> scenario described in the related issue.
>>
>> Thanks,
>> -Pavel

>> [1] https://bugs.openjdk.java.net/browse/JDK-8164625

Re: RFR[9] 8164625: Pooled HttpConnection should be removed during close

Pavel Rappo
Michael, Daniel,

updated in place.

Thanks,
-Pavel

> On 23 Feb 2017, at 17:31, Michael McMahon <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Hi Pavel
>
> The source change looks fine. I'm not sure how the test works though.
> How does it check that the connection is not retained?
>
> Michael.
>
> On 23/02/2017, 14:02, Pavel Rappo wrote:
>> Hello,
>>
>> Could you please review the following change for [1]?
>>
>>   http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~prappo/8164625/webrev.00/
>>
>> This patch addresses the root cause of the problem. Namely, HTTP connections
>> used by requests made on behalf of the WebSocket (i.e. Opening Handshake) are no
>> longer returned to the connection pool. The provided test reproduces the
>> scenario described in the related issue.
>>
>> Thanks,
>> -Pavel

>> [1] https://bugs.openjdk.java.net/browse/JDK-8164625

Re: RFR[9] 8164625: Pooled HttpConnection should be removed during close

Michael McMahon
That looks fine to me now.

Thanks,
Michael