Quantcast

RFR 9: 8178347 Process and ProcessHandle getPid method name inconsistency

RFR 9: 8178347 Process and ProcessHandle getPid method name inconsistency

roger riggs
Please review this change to the name of the ProcessHandle.getPid and
Process.getPid methods
as observed and recommended in email: [1]

The methods are new in JDK 9 and the renaming corrects the method name
style to be
consistent within each class.

The change sets propagate the name change to the openjdk uses of the pid
method.
Libraries using getPid will need to be updated.

Issue:

Webrevs:

http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~rriggs/webrev-pid-8178347
http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~rriggs/webrev-pid-jaxp-8178347
http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~rriggs/webrev-pid-jdk-8178347
http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~rriggs/webrev-pid-hotspot-8178347

Thanks, Roger

[1]
http://mail.openjdk.java.net/pipermail/core-libs-dev/2017-April/047103.html

Re: RFR 9: 8178347 Process and ProcessHandle getPid method name inconsistency

Brian Burkhalter-2
Hi Roger,

Looks fine to me, modulo the usual copyright date.

Thanks,

Brian

On Apr 11, 2017, at 8:55 AM, Roger Riggs <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Please review this change to the name of the ProcessHandle.getPid and Process.getPid methods
> as observed and recommended in email: [1]
>
> The methods are new in JDK 9 and the renaming corrects the method name style to be
> consistent within each class.
>
> The change sets propagate the name change to the openjdk uses of the pid method.
> Libraries using getPid will need to be updated.
>
> Issue:
>
> Webrevs:
>
> http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~rriggs/webrev-pid-8178347
> http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~rriggs/webrev-pid-jaxp-8178347
> http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~rriggs/webrev-pid-jdk-8178347
> http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~rriggs/webrev-pid-hotspot-8178347
>
> Thanks, Roger
>
> [1] http://mail.openjdk.java.net/pipermail/core-libs-dev/2017-April/047103.html

Re: RFR 9: 8178347 Process and ProcessHandle getPid method name inconsistency

Alan Bateman

On 11/04/2017 16:55, Roger Riggs wrote:
> Please review this change to the name of the ProcessHandle.getPid and
> Process.getPid methods
> as observed and recommended in email: [1]

I looked through the jdk repo and the changes look fine. In passing then
I assume the links in Process of the form {@link #getPid() process id}
should be @linkplain.

-Alan

Re: RFR 9: 8178347 Process and ProcessHandle getPid method name inconsistency

roger riggs
Hi Alan, Brian,

Updated in place with copyrights and corrections to @linkplain in
java.lang.Process.

Thanks, Roger

On 4/11/2017 1:12 PM, Alan Bateman wrote:

> On 11/04/2017 16:55, Roger Riggs wrote:
>> Please review this change to the name of the ProcessHandle.getPid and
>> Process.getPid methods
>> as observed and recommended in email: [1]
>>
> I looked through the jdk repo and the changes look fine. In passing
> then I assume the links in Process of the form {@link #getPid()
> process id} should be @linkplain.
>
> -Alan

Re: RFR 9: 8178347 Process and ProcessHandle getPid method name inconsistency

Brian Burkhalter-2
Hi Roger,

OK by me.

Brian

> Updated in place with copyrights and corrections to @linkplain in java.lang.Process.

Re: RFR 9: 8178347 Process and ProcessHandle getPid method name inconsistency

Alan Bateman
On 11/04/2017 19:09, Roger Riggs wrote:
Looks good.

-Alan