RFR [JAXP] [TESTBUG] JDK-8175043 Multiple jaxp tests failing across platforms

RFR [JAXP] [TESTBUG] JDK-8175043 Multiple jaxp tests failing across platforms

Frank Yuan
Hi Max and All

Would you like to review http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~fyuan/8175043/webrev.00/?

Some JAXP tests are impacted by JDK-8168410, to fix the issue, I added the pull path name to the file name in the tests, and added a
temporary FilePermission for the specified file names in XSLTFunctionsTest.java.

To Max

I didn't take your proposal because we do want to assign FilePermission for the specified userdir, not for ".". To avoid assigning
potentially extra permission now or future, I used the explicit full file path in the test.

Thanks

Frank

Re: RFR [JAXP] [TESTBUG] JDK-8175043 Multiple jaxp tests failing across platforms

Weijun Wang
Hi Frank

You got the idea here correctly, that is to say, the path used in
permission granting must match the style of how you access the file. The
fix should work.

On the other hand, the code change touches too many files. You'll need
someone in the JAXP field to confirm if this is the best way.

Thanks
Max

On 02/16/2017 04:03 PM, Frank Yuan wrote:

> Hi Max and All
>
> Would you like to review
> http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~fyuan/8175043/webrev.00/?

> Some JAXP tests are impacted by JDK-8168410, to fix the issue, I added
> the pull path name to the file name in the tests, and added a temporary
> FilePermission for the specified file names in XSLTFunctionsTest.java.
>
> To Max
>
> I didn’t take your proposal because we do want to assign FilePermission
> for the specified userdir, not for “.”. To avoid assigning potentially
> extra permission now or future, I used the explicit full file path in
> the test.
>
> Thanks
> Frank

RE: RFR [JAXP] [TESTBUG] JDK-8175043 Multiple jaxp tests failing across platforms

Frank Yuan

Alright, thank you very much for the review!

Frank

> Thanks
> Max
>
> On 02/16/2017 04:03 PM, Frank Yuan wrote:
> > Hi Max and All
> >
> > Would you like to review
> > http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~fyuan/8175043/webrev.00/?
> >
> > Bug: https://bugs.openjdk.java.net/browse/JDK-8175043
> >
> > Some JAXP tests are impacted by JDK-8168410, to fix the issue, I added
> > the pull path name to the file name in the tests, and added a temporary
> > FilePermission for the specified file names in XSLTFunctionsTest.java.
> >
> > To Max
> >
> > I didn't take your proposal because we do want to assign FilePermission
> > for the specified userdir, not for ".". To avoid assigning potentially
> > extra permission now or future, I used the explicit full file path in
> > the test.
> >
> > Thanks
> > Frank

RE: RFR [JAXP] [TESTBUG] JDK-8175043 Multiple jaxp tests failing across platforms

Frank Yuan
Since no one has more comment, and Joe agree this solution, I will push the change.

Thanks
Frank

huizhe wang
+1.  Yes, specific permission is desirable. Thanks for the quick fix!

-Joe