RFR: JDK-8167659: Access of mark word should use oopDesc::mark_offset_in_bytes() instead of '0'

RFR: JDK-8167659: Access of mark word should use oopDesc::mark_offset_in_bytes() instead of '0'

Roman Kennke-6
I posted this before:

http://mail.openjdk.java.net/pipermail/hotspot-dev/2016-October/024889.html

And just realized it's not been fixed yet. Maybe now would be a good
time to include it?

I believe this changeset address all the issues mentioned in the above
discussions.

http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~rkennke/8167659/webrev.00/
<http://cr.openjdk.java.net/%7Erkennke/8167659/webrev.00/>

Testing: jcstress -m sanity, specjvm
(cannot currently run jtreg tests because I've no idea how to run the
jcstress-jtreg tests..)

Roman

Re: RFR: JDK-8167659: Access of mark word should use oopDesc::mark_offset_in_bytes() instead of '0'

Roman Kennke-6
Ping?

> I posted this before:
>
> http://mail.openjdk.java.net/pipermail/hotspot-dev/2016-October/024889.html
>
> And just realized it's not been fixed yet. Maybe now would be a good
> time to include it?
>
> I believe this changeset address all the issues mentioned in the above
> discussions.
>
> http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~rkennke/8167659/webrev.00/
> <http://cr.openjdk.java.net/%7Erkennke/8167659/webrev.00/>
>
> Testing: jcstress -m sanity, specjvm
> (cannot currently run jtreg tests because I've no idea how to run the
> jcstress-jtreg tests..)
>
> Roman

Re: RFR: JDK-8167659: Access of mark word should use oopDesc::mark_offset_in_bytes() instead of '0'

David Holmes
Pinging Coleen as she indicated the other platforms would be looked at,
which is necessary before this is accepted and pushed.

The changes as presented seem fine to me.

On 9/05/2017 12:43 AM, Roman Kennke wrote:

> Ping?
>

>> I posted this before:
>>
>> http://mail.openjdk.java.net/pipermail/hotspot-dev/2016-October/024889.html
>>
>> And just realized it's not been fixed yet. Maybe now would be a good
>> time to include it?
>>
>> I believe this changeset address all the issues mentioned in the above
>> discussions.
>>
>> http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~rkennke/8167659/webrev.00/
>> <http://cr.openjdk.java.net/%7Erkennke/8167659/webrev.00/>
>>
>> Testing: jcstress -m sanity, specjvm
>> (cannot currently run jtreg tests because I've no idea how to run the
>> jcstress-jtreg tests..)
>>
>> Roman

Re: RFR: JDK-8167659: Access of mark word should use oopDesc::mark_offset_in_bytes() instead of '0'

coleen.phillimore
The changes seem fine to me.   It's a nice improvement to not have raw
0s there.   We could file RFE's for the other platforms.  I don't think
they have to be fixed together.

I guess you need a sponsor.  I could sponsor it.

thanks,
Coleen

On 5/8/17 9:17 PM, David Holmes wrote:

> Pinging Coleen as she indicated the other platforms would be looked
> at, which is necessary before this is accepted and pushed.
>
> The changes as presented seem fine to me.

> On 9/05/2017 12:43 AM, Roman Kennke wrote:
>> Ping?
>>

>>> I posted this before:
>>>
>>> http://mail.openjdk.java.net/pipermail/hotspot-dev/2016-October/024889.html
>>>

>>> And just realized it's not been fixed yet. Maybe now would be a good
>>> time to include it?
>>>
>>> I believe this changeset address all the issues mentioned in the above
>>> discussions.
>>>
>>> http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~rkennke/8167659/webrev.00/
>>> <http://cr.openjdk.java.net/%7Erkennke/8167659/webrev.00/>
>>>
>>> Testing: jcstress -m sanity, specjvm
>>> (cannot currently run jtreg tests because I've no idea how to run the
>>> jcstress-jtreg tests..)
>>>
>>> Roman

Re: RFR: JDK-8167659: Access of mark word should use oopDesc::mark_offset_in_bytes() instead of '0'

Roman Kennke-6
Hi Coleen & all,

> The changes seem fine to me.   It's a nice improvement to not have raw
> 0s there.   We could file RFE's for the other platforms.  I don't
> think they have to be fixed together.

Ok, great.

> I guess you need a sponsor.

Yes :-)