RFR: JDK-8179889 Fix typographic errors in copyright headers

RFR: JDK-8179889 Fix typographic errors in copyright headers

Magnus Ihse Bursie
Some of the copyright headers have minor problems. The most common one
is not following the prescribed Oracle pattern of copyright year
("<initial_change>, <last_change>, ").

Other errors seems to be the result of accidents in the editor,
including search/replace gone wild ("LICENSE file" => "LICENSE
randomAccessFile" :-)), or random edits.

WebRev:
http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~ihse/JDK-8179889-fix-copyright-header-typos/webrev.01

/Magnus

Re: RFR: JDK-8179889 Fix typographic errors in copyright headers

Magnus Ihse Bursie
On 2017-05-08 13:29, Magnus Ihse Bursie wrote:

> Some of the copyright headers have minor problems. The most common one
> is not following the prescribed Oracle pattern of copyright year
> ("<initial_change>, <last_change>, ").
>
> Other errors seems to be the result of accidents in the editor,
> including search/replace gone wild ("LICENSE file" => "LICENSE
> randomAccessFile" :-)), or random edits.

> WebRev:
> http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~ihse/JDK-8179889-fix-copyright-header-typos/webrev.01
>
> /Magnus

Here is an updated webrev with even more files fixed:

http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~ihse/JDK-8179889-fix-copyright-header-typos/webrev.02

/Magnus

Re: RFR: JDK-8179889 Fix typographic errors in copyright headers

Erik Joelsson
Looks good. Great work!

/Erik

On 2017-05-08 06:29, Magnus Ihse Bursie wrote:

> On 2017-05-08 13:29, Magnus Ihse Bursie wrote:
>> Some of the copyright headers have minor problems. The most common
>> one is not following the prescribed Oracle pattern of copyright year
>> ("<initial_change>, <last_change>, ").
>>
>> Other errors seems to be the result of accidents in the editor,
>> including search/replace gone wild ("LICENSE file" => "LICENSE
>> randomAccessFile" :-)), or random edits.

>> WebRev:
>> http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~ihse/JDK-8179889-fix-copyright-header-typos/webrev.01
>>
>> /Magnus
>
> Here is an updated webrev with even more files fixed:
>
> http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~ihse/JDK-8179889-fix-copyright-header-typos/webrev.02
>

> /Magnus

Re: RFR: JDK-8179889 Fix typographic errors in copyright headers

Hi Magnus,

Changes look good. I'm very surprised that such problems persist in
existing files given all the previous audits and fixups that have been
done. :(

The patch shows various changes that I can only assume are whitespace
related - yet such issues should have been prevented by jcheck. ??