RFR: JDK-8183964: Bad lexing of javadoc comments (change in parsing/rendering of backslashes in javadoc)

RFR: JDK-8183964: Bad lexing of javadoc comments (change in parsing/rendering of backslashes in javadoc)

Jonathan Gibbons
Please review this simple fix in the tokenizer for reading javadoc comments.
The fix is just to add a missing 'break' statement.

Webrev: http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~jjg/8183961/webrev.00

-- Jon

Re: RFR: JDK-8183964: Bad lexing of javadoc comments (change in parsing/rendering of backslashes in javadoc)

Vicente Romero-2
looks good,
Vicente

On 01/02/2018 04:49 PM, Jonathan Gibbons wrote:
> Please review this simple fix in the tokenizer for reading javadoc
> comments.
> The fix is just to add a missing 'break' statement.

> Webrev: http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~jjg/8183961/webrev.00
>
> -- Jon

Re: RFR: JDK-8183964: Bad lexing of javadoc comments (change in parsing/rendering of backslashes in javadoc)

Liam Miller-Cushon
Looks good to me too, for what that's worth.

Is this a good candidate for backporting to 9u?

On Tue, Jan 2, 2018 at 5:02 PM, Vicente Romero <[hidden email]> wrote:
looks good,
Vicente

On 01/02/2018 04:49 PM, Jonathan Gibbons wrote:
Please review this simple fix in the tokenizer for reading javadoc comments.
The fix is just to add a missing 'break' statement.

Webrev: http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~jjg/8183961/webrev.00

-- Jon

Re: RFR: JDK-8183964: Bad lexing of javadoc comments (change in parsing/rendering of backslashes in javadoc)

Jonathan Gibbons

Thanks for checking this out.

I agree it seems a reasonable candidate to backport, but I'd have to check the latest policies for backporting issues.

-- Jon