RFR: JDK-8191401 - [TESTBUG] serviceability/sa/ClhsdbFlags.java can fail due to UseJVMCICompiler

RFR: JDK-8191401 - [TESTBUG] serviceability/sa/ClhsdbFlags.java can fail due to UseJVMCICompiler

Sharath Ballal

Hello,

Pls review changes for the following issue:

Bug ID: https://bugs.openjdk.java.net/browse/JDK-8191401

Webrev: http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~sballal/8191401/webrev.00/

Thanks,

Sharath

Re: RFR: JDK-8191401 - [TESTBUG] serviceability/sa/ClhsdbFlags.java can fail due to UseJVMCICompiler

David Holmes
Hi Sharath,

Looks okay.

On 20/11/2017 7:24 PM, Sharath Ballal wrote:

> Hello,
>
> Pls review changes for the following issue:
>
> Bug ID: https://bugs.openjdk.java.net/browse/JDK-8191401
>
> Webrev: http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~sballal/8191401/webrev.00/
>
> Thanks,
>
> Sharath

RE: RFR: JDK-8191401 - [TESTBUG] serviceability/sa/ClhsdbFlags.java can fail due to UseJVMCICompiler

Sharath Ballal
Thank you David.

Thanks,
Sharath

On 20/11/2017 7:24 PM, Sharath Ballal wrote:

> Hello,
>
> Pls review changes for the following issue:
>
> Bug ID: https://bugs.openjdk.java.net/browse/JDK-8191401
>
> Webrev: http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~sballal/8191401/webrev.00/
>
> Thanks,
>
> Sharath

Re: RFR: JDK-8191401 - [TESTBUG] serviceability/sa/ClhsdbFlags.java can fail due to UseJVMCICompiler

Jini George
Hi Sharath,

Since StartFlightRecording and UseAppCDS are closed only flags
currently, these would fail for testing with open only builds. It might
be prudent to remove the checking of these flags too. Other than this,
the changes look good.

Thank you,
Jini.

On 11/20/2017 2:54 PM, Sharath Ballal wrote:

> Hello,
>
> Pls review changes for the following issue:
>
> Bug ID: https://bugs.openjdk.java.net/browse/JDK-8191401
>
> Webrev: http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~sballal/8191401/webrev.00/
>
> Thanks,
>
> Sharath

Since StartFlightRecording and UseAppCDS are closed only flags currently, these would fail for testing with open only builds. It might be prudent to remove the checking of these flags too. Other than this, the changes look good.

Thank you,
Jini.

On 11/20/2017 2:54 PM, Sharath Ballal wrote:

> Hello,
>
> Pls review changes for the following issue:
>
> Bug ID: https://bugs.openjdk.java.net/browse/JDK-8191401
>
> Webrev: http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~sballal/8191401/webrev.00/
>
> Thanks,
>
> Sharath

Re: RFR: JDK-8191401 - [TESTBUG] serviceability/sa/ClhsdbFlags.java can fail due to UseJVMCICompiler

David Holmes
Sorry I missed those commercial flags.

But we need this fix in today else the test will be problem listed.

Don't swap those flags for anything just delete them. Then no extra
testing needed.

On 21/11/2017 3:16 PM, Sharath Ballal wrote:

> OK.  Thanks Jini.
>

> Thanks,
> Sharath

Sure David.  Thanks.