RFR: JDK-8191439: Race in building jdk.rmic.interim

RFR: JDK-8191439: Race in building jdk.rmic.interim

Erik Joelsson
We have a race when building jdk.rmic.interim. This is caused by
CompileInterimLangtools.gmk and CompileInterimRmic.gmk using the same
modular output directory ($(BUILDTOOLS_OUTPUTDIR)/interim_modules), and
then makefiles running javac from interim langtools at the same time as
CompileInterimRmic is running. This patch splits the output directories.
That way, tools running javac will not see any new files created by
CompileInterimRmic ever.

Webrev: http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~erikj/8191439/webrev.01/

/Erik

Re: RFR: JDK-8191439: Race in building jdk.rmic.interim

Mandy Chung
Looks good to me.

Mandy

On 12/4/17 3:48 PM, Erik Joelsson wrote:

> We have a race when building jdk.rmic.interim. This is caused by
> CompileInterimLangtools.gmk and CompileInterimRmic.gmk using the same
> modular output directory ($(BUILDTOOLS_OUTPUTDIR)/interim_modules),
> and then makefiles running javac from interim langtools at the same
> time as CompileInterimRmic is running. This patch splits the output
> directories. That way, tools running javac will not see any new files
> created by CompileInterimRmic ever.

> Webrev: http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~erikj/8191439/webrev.01/
>
> /Erik

Re: RFR: JDK-8191439: Race in building jdk.rmic.interim

Magnus Ihse Bursie
On 2017-12-05 00:48, Erik Joelsson wrote:

> We have a race when building jdk.rmic.interim. This is caused by
> CompileInterimLangtools.gmk and CompileInterimRmic.gmk using the same
> modular output directory ($(BUILDTOOLS_OUTPUTDIR)/interim_modules),
> and then makefiles running javac from interim langtools at the same
> time as CompileInterimRmic is running. This patch splits the output
> directories. That way, tools running javac will not see any new files
> created by CompileInterimRmic ever.

> Webrev: http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~erikj/8191439/webrev.01/
Looks good to me.

/Magnus

Re: RFR: JDK-8191439: Race in building jdk.rmic.interim

Tim Bell
Erik

Looks good to me as well.

Tim