RFR: JDK-8192771: Boot JDK jar tool used to construct the modular JAR for java.jnlp

RFR: JDK-8192771: Boot JDK jar tool used to construct the modular JAR for java.jnlp

Erik Joelsson
To be able to bump the classfile version in JDK 10, we need to be able
to build certain jar files using the newly built jar tool during the
build. This patch enables overriding of the jar cmd in the build.

Webrev: http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~erikj/8192771/webrev.01/

/Erik

Re: RFR: JDK-8192771: Boot JDK jar tool used to construct the modular JAR for java.jnlp

Mandy Chung
This looks fine to me.
Mandy

On 12/4/17 3:21 PM, Erik Joelsson wrote:

> To be able to bump the classfile version in JDK 10, we need to be able
> to build certain jar files using the newly built jar tool during the
> build. This patch enables overriding of the jar cmd in the build.

> Webrev: http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~erikj/8192771/webrev.01/
>
> /Erik

Re: RFR: JDK-8192771: Boot JDK jar tool used to construct the modular JAR for java.jnlp

Magnus Ihse Bursie
On 2017-12-05 00:21, Erik Joelsson wrote:
> To be able to bump the classfile version in JDK 10, we need to be able
> to build certain jar files using the newly built jar tool during the
> build. This patch enables overriding of the jar cmd in the build.

> Webrev: http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~erikj/8192771/webrev.01/
Looks good to me.

/Magnus

> /Erik

Re: RFR: JDK-8192771: Boot JDK jar tool used to construct the modular JAR for java.jnlp

Paul Sandoz
+1

I tested this out with the class file version change patch and the build no longer fails.

Thanks,
Paul.