RFR: JDK-8194067 - [Testbug] serviceability/sa/Jhsdb* tests can't tolerate unrelated warnings

RFR: JDK-8194067 - [Testbug] serviceability/sa/Jhsdb* tests can't tolerate unrelated warnings

Sharath Ballal

Hello,

Requesting reviews for:

JBS Id:     https://bugs.openjdk.java.net/browse/JDK-8194067

Webrev: http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~sballal/8194067/webrev.00/

The tests ran successfully in JPRT and Mach5.

Thanks,

Sharath

Re: RFR: JDK-8194067 - [Testbug] serviceability/sa/Jhsdb* tests can't tolerate unrelated warnings

David Holmes
When I reported this one I thought about how to best fix it. What you
propose is a simple fix, but may potentially allow other errors to go
unnoticed. I was wondering whether there was a simple way to filter the
stderr content to exclude VM Warnings, but still check for other
unexpected content?

On 28/12/2017 3:29 PM, Sharath Ballal wrote:

> Hello,
>
> Requesting reviews for:
>
> JBS Id: https://bugs.openjdk.java.net/browse/JDK-8194067
>
> Webrev: http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~sballal/8194067/webrev.00/
>
> The tests ran successfully in JPRT and Mach5.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Sharath

RE: RFR: JDK-8194067 - [Testbug] serviceability/sa/Jhsdb* tests can't tolerate unrelated warnings

Sharath Ballal
Thanks David.  I have made the changes.
New webrev is http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~sballal/8194067/webrev.01/

Thanks,
Sharath

When I reported this one I thought about how to best fix it. What you propose is a simple fix, but may potentially allow other errors to go unnoticed. I was wondering whether there was a simple way to filter the stderr content to exclude VM Warnings, but still check for other unexpected content?

On 28/12/2017 3:29 PM, Sharath Ballal wrote:

> Hello,
>
> Requesting reviews for:
>
> JBS Id: https://bugs.openjdk.java.net/browse/JDK-8194067
>
> Webrev: http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~sballal/8194067/webrev.00/
>
> The tests ran successfully in JPRT and Mach5.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Sharath

Re: RFR: JDK-8194067 - [Testbug] serviceability/sa/Jhsdb* tests can't tolerate unrelated warnings

David Holmes
Hi Sharath,

On 8/01/2018 3:30 PM, Sharath Ballal wrote:
> Thanks David.  I have made the changes.
> New webrev is http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~sballal/8194067/webrev.01/

That looks quite good - only issue is that the regex won't work for an
OpenJDK build as it produces:

OpenJDK 64-Bit Server VM warning: ...

rather than

Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM warning: ...

Maybe "VM warning:" will suffice for the match?

-----

> Thanks,
> Sharath

serguei.spitsyn@oracle.com
Hi Sharath,

It looks good modulo David's comment.

Thanks,
Serguei

On 1/8/18 03:40, David Holmes wrote:

> Hi Sharath,
>
> On 8/01/2018 3:30 PM, Sharath Ballal wrote:
>> Thanks David.  I have made the changes.
>> New webrev is http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~sballal/8194067/webrev.01/
>
> That looks quite good - only issue is that the regex won't work for an
> OpenJDK build as it produces:
>
> OpenJDK 64-Bit Server VM warning: ...
>
> rather than
>
> Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM warning: ...
>
> Maybe "VM warning:" will suffice for the match?

> -----
>
>> Thanks,
>> Sharath

Thanks for the comments David.  I have made the changes.

Webrev: http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~sballal/8194067/webrev.02/

Thanks,
Sharath

On 8/01/2018 3:30 PM, Sharath Ballal wrote:
> Thanks David.  I have made the changes.
> New webrev is http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~sballal/8194067/webrev.01/

That looks quite good - only issue is that the regex won't work for an OpenJDK build as it produces:

OpenJDK 64-Bit Server VM warning: ...

rather than

Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM warning: ...

Maybe "VM warning:" will suffice for the match?

-----

> Thanks,
> Sharath

Looks good!

On 9/01/2018 6:39 PM, Sharath Ballal wrote:

> Thanks for the comments David.  I have made the changes.
>
> Webrev: http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~sballal/8194067/webrev.02/
>

> Thanks,
> Sharath

+1