RFR (JDK10/JAXP) 8181151: Fix lint warnings in JAXP repo: cast

RFR (JDK10/JAXP) 8181151: Fix lint warnings in JAXP repo: cast

Joe Wang
Hi,

This change fixes about 300 [cast] warnings in the JAXP sources. Changes
are basically removing the redundant cast, a bit more than that only in
one case: in XSDUniqueOrKeyTraverser at line 92, uniqueOrKey was
assigned to itself when it meant to be "idc". The change didn't affect
the operation since idc is a result of the get operation with
uniqueOrKey's name.

JAXP tests passed.

webrevs: http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~joehw/jdk10/8181151/webrev/

Thanks,
Joe

Re: RFR (JDK10/JAXP) 8181151: Fix lint warnings in JAXP repo: cast

Lance Andersen
Looks OK Joe

> On Nov 7, 2017, at 2:12 PM, Joe Wang <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Hi,
>
> This change fixes about 300 [cast] warnings in the JAXP sources. Changes are basically removing the redundant cast, a bit more than that only in one case: in XSDUniqueOrKeyTraverser at line 92, uniqueOrKey was assigned to itself when it meant to be "idc". The change didn't affect the operation since idc is a result of the get operation with uniqueOrKey's name.
>
> JAXP tests passed.

> webrevs: http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~joehw/jdk10/8181151/webrev/
>
> Thanks,
> Joe

 <http://oracle.com/us/design/oracle-email-sig-198324.gif>
 <http://oracle.com/us/design/oracle-email-sig-198324.gif> <http://oracle.com/us/design/oracle-email-sig-198324.gif>
 <http://oracle.com/us/design/oracle-email-sig-198324.gif>Lance Andersen| Principal Member of Technical Staff | +1.781.442.2037
Oracle Java Engineering
1 Network Drive
Burlington, MA 01803
[hidden email] <mailto:[hidden email]>

Re: RFR (JDK10/JAXP) 8181151: Fix lint warnings in JAXP repo: cast

roger riggs
+1

On 11/7/2017 2:47 PM, Lance Andersen wrote:

> Looks OK Joe
>> On Nov 7, 2017, at 2:12 PM, Joe Wang <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> Hi,
>>
>> This change fixes about 300 [cast] warnings in the JAXP sources. Changes are basically removing the redundant cast, a bit more than that only in one case: in XSDUniqueOrKeyTraverser at line 92, uniqueOrKey was assigned to itself when it meant to be "idc". The change didn't affect the operation since idc is a result of the get operation with uniqueOrKey's name.
>>
>> JAXP tests passed.
>>
>> JBS: https://bugs.openjdk.java.net/browse/JDK-8181151
>> webrevs: http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~joehw/jdk10/8181151/webrev/
>>
>> Thanks,
>> Joe
>   <http://oracle.com/us/design/oracle-email-sig-198324.gif>
>   <http://oracle.com/us/design/oracle-email-sig-198324.gif> <http://oracle.com/us/design/oracle-email-sig-198324.gif>
>   <http://oracle.com/us/design/oracle-email-sig-198324.gif>Lance Andersen| Principal Member of Technical Staff | +1.781.442.2037
> Oracle Java Engineering
> 1 Network Drive
> Burlington, MA 01803

Re: RFR (JDK10/JAXP) 8181151: Fix lint warnings in JAXP repo: cast

Joe Wang
Thanks Lance, Roger!  After this, will do a final check, a few JDK 9
deprecations, we'll be completely free from warnings!

-Joe