RFR (JDK10/JAXP) 8191938: Fix lint warnings in JAXP repo: a few Deprecation warrnings and enable -Xlint:all

RFR (JDK10/JAXP) 8191938: Fix lint warnings in JAXP repo: a few Deprecation warrnings and enable -Xlint:all

Joe Wang
Hi,

Please review a fix for a few more deprecation warnings. Compiling with
-Xlint:all showed that these were the last few warnings. We can then
enable -Xlint:all for the java.xml module.

webrevs: http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~joehw/jdk10/8191938/webrev/

Thanks,
Joe

Re: RFR (JDK10/JAXP) 8191938: Fix lint warnings in JAXP repo: a few Deprecation warrnings and enable -Xlint:all

joe darcy
Hi Joe,

The code changes look fine, but the copyright blocks should *not* be
updated to include a "@LastModified: Nov 2017" comment.

Cheers,

-Joe

On 11/28/2017 10:11 AM, Joe Wang wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Please review a fix for a few more deprecation warnings. Compiling
> with -Xlint:all showed that these were the last few warnings. We can
> then enable -Xlint:all for the java.xml module.

> webrevs: http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~joehw/jdk10/8191938/webrev/
>
> Thanks,
> Joe

Re: RFR (JDK10/JAXP) 8191938: Fix lint warnings in JAXP repo: a few Deprecation warrnings and enable -Xlint:all

Joe Wang
Thanks for reviewing!

For the last modified part, we can discuss updating the header script
offline. Many of the classes have already used this format, I hope
you're okay with me checking in this changeset.

Thanks,
Joe

On 11/28/2017 10:19 AM, joe darcy wrote:

> Hi Joe,
>
> The code changes look fine, but the copyright blocks should *not* be
> updated to include a "@LastModified: Nov 2017" comment.
>
> Cheers,
>
> -Joe
>

> On 11/28/2017 10:11 AM, Joe Wang wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> Please review a fix for a few more deprecation warnings. Compiling
>> with -Xlint:all showed that these were the last few warnings. We can
>> then enable -Xlint:all for the java.xml module.
>>
>> JBS: https://bugs.openjdk.java.net/browse/JDK-8191938
>> webrevs: http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~joehw/jdk10/8191938/webrev/
>>
>> Thanks,
>> Joe

Re: RFR (JDK10/JAXP) 8191938: Fix lint warnings in JAXP repo: a few Deprecation warrnings and enable -Xlint:all

Joe Wang
Hi Joe,

I moved the LastModified to the bottom of the class comment block.
Please let me know what you think:
http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~joehw/jdk10/8191938/webrev/index.html

Thanks,
Joe

On 11/28/17, 10:19 AM, joe darcy wrote:

> Hi Joe,
>
> The code changes look fine, but the copyright blocks should *not* be
> updated to include a "@LastModified: Nov 2017" comment.
>
> Cheers,
>
> -Joe
>

> On 11/28/2017 10:11 AM, Joe Wang wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> Please review a fix for a few more deprecation warnings. Compiling
>> with -Xlint:all showed that these were the last few warnings. We can
>> then enable -Xlint:all for the java.xml module.
>>
>> JBS: https://bugs.openjdk.java.net/browse/JDK-8191938
>> webrevs: http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~joehw/jdk10/8191938/webrev/
>>
>> Thanks,
>> Joe

Re: RFR (JDK10/JAXP) 8191938: Fix lint warnings in JAXP repo: a few Deprecation warrnings and enable -Xlint:all

joe darcy
Hi Joe,

The new version looks fine to me; thanks,

-Joe

On 11/29/2017 10:58 AM, Joe Wang wrote:

> Hi Joe,
>
> I moved the LastModified to the bottom of the class comment block.
> Please let me know what you think:
> http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~joehw/jdk10/8191938/webrev/index.html
>
> Thanks,
> Joe
>
> On 11/28/17, 10:19 AM, joe darcy wrote:
>> Hi Joe,
>>
>> The code changes look fine, but the copyright blocks should *not* be
>> updated to include a "@LastModified: Nov 2017" comment.
>>
>> Cheers,
>>
>> -Joe
>>

>> On 11/28/2017 10:11 AM, Joe Wang wrote:
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> Please review a fix for a few more deprecation warnings. Compiling
>>> with -Xlint:all showed that these were the last few warnings. We can
>>> then enable -Xlint:all for the java.xml module.
>>>
>>> JBS: https://bugs.openjdk.java.net/browse/JDK-8191938
>>> webrevs: http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~joehw/jdk10/8191938/webrev/
>>>
>>> Thanks,
>>> Joe

Re: RFR (JDK10/JAXP) 8191938: Fix lint warnings in JAXP repo: a few Deprecation warrnings and enable -Xlint:all

roger riggs
+1

On 11/29/2017 2:45 PM, joe darcy wrote:

> Hi Joe,
>
> The new version looks fine to me; thanks,
>
> -Joe
>

> On 11/29/2017 10:58 AM, Joe Wang wrote:
>> Hi Joe,
>>
>> I moved the LastModified to the bottom of the class comment block.
>> Please let me know what you think:
>> http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~joehw/jdk10/8191938/webrev/index.html
>>
>> Thanks,
>> Joe
>>
>> On 11/28/17, 10:19 AM, joe darcy wrote:
>>> Hi Joe,
>>>
>>> The code changes look fine, but the copyright blocks should *not* be
>>> updated to include a "@LastModified: Nov 2017" comment.
>>>
>>> Cheers,
>>>
>>> -Joe

Re: RFR (JDK10/JAXP) 8191938: Fix lint warnings in JAXP repo: a few Deprecation warrnings and enable -Xlint:all

Joe Wang
Thanks Joe, Roger!

On 11/29/17, 11:49 AM, Roger Riggs wrote:

> +1
>
> On 11/29/2017 2:45 PM, joe darcy wrote:
>> Hi Joe,
>>
>> The new version looks fine to me; thanks,
>>
>> -Joe
>>

>> On 11/29/2017 10:58 AM, Joe Wang wrote:
>>> Hi Joe,
>>>
>>> I moved the LastModified to the bottom of the class comment block.
>>> Please let me know what you think:
>>> http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~joehw/jdk10/8191938/webrev/index.html
>>>
>>> Thanks,
>>> Joe

Re: RFR (JDK10/JAXP) 8191938: Fix lint warnings in JAXP repo: a few Deprecation warrnings and enable -Xlint:all

Jonathan Gibbons
Joe,

I presume javadoc is OK with this not-quite-a-doc-comment-tag, when you
do "make docs" ...

-- Jon

On 11/29/2017 10:58 AM, Joe Wang wrote:

> Hi Joe,
>
> I moved the LastModified to the bottom of the class comment block.
> Please let me know what you think:
> http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~joehw/jdk10/8191938/webrev/index.html
>
> Thanks,
> Joe
>
> On 11/28/17, 10:19 AM, joe darcy wrote:
>> Hi Joe,
>>
>> The code changes look fine, but the copyright blocks should *not* be
>> updated to include a "@LastModified: Nov 2017" comment.
>>
>> Cheers,
>>
>> -Joe
>>

>> On 11/28/2017 10:11 AM, Joe Wang wrote:
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> Please review a fix for a few more deprecation warnings. Compiling
>>> with -Xlint:all showed that these were the last few warnings. We can
>>> then enable -Xlint:all for the java.xml module.
>>>
>>> JBS: https://bugs.openjdk.java.net/browse/JDK-8191938
>>> webrevs: http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~joehw/jdk10/8191938/webrev/
>>>
>>> Thanks,
>>> Joe

Re: RFR (JDK10/JAXP) 8191938: Fix lint warnings in JAXP repo: a few Deprecation warrnings and enable -Xlint:all

Joe Wang
Hi Jon, all,

For the LastModified tag, yes, "make docs" was fine. Note that it will
appear only in impl classes.

For the webrev, I also updated the javac flag from doclint:none to a set
of java.xml public packages that we care about.

http://cr.openjdk.java.net/%7Ejoehw/jdk10/8191938/webrev/

Thanks,
Joe

On 11/29/17, 2:11 PM, Jonathan Gibbons wrote:

> Joe,
>
> I presume javadoc is OK with this not-quite-a-doc-comment-tag, when
> you do "make docs" ...
>
> -- Jon
>

> On 11/29/2017 10:58 AM, Joe Wang wrote:
>> Hi Joe,
>>
>> I moved the LastModified to the bottom of the class comment block.
>> Please let me know what you think:
>> http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~joehw/jdk10/8191938/webrev/index.html
>>
>> Thanks,
>> Joe
>>
>> On 11/28/17, 10:19 AM, joe darcy wrote:
>>> Hi Joe,
>>>
>>> The code changes look fine, but the copyright blocks should *not* be
>>> updated to include a "@LastModified: Nov 2017" comment.
>>>
>>> Cheers,
>>>
>>> -Joe

Re: RFR (JDK10/JAXP) 8191938: Fix lint warnings in JAXP repo: a few Deprecation warrnings and enable -Xlint:all

Joe Wang
Hi all,

The webrev is updated with a javac flag that includes a set of public
APIs in java.xml that we care about with regards to doclint.

On 11/30/17, 11:25 AM, Joe Wang wrote:

> Hi Jon, all,
>
> For the LastModified tag, yes, "make docs" was fine. Note that it will
> appear only in impl classes.
>
> For the webrev, I also updated the javac flag from doclint:none to a
> set of java.xml public packages that we care about.
>
> http://cr.openjdk.java.net/%7Ejoehw/jdk10/8191938/webrev/
>
> Thanks,
> Joe
>
> On 11/29/17, 2:11 PM, Jonathan Gibbons wrote:
>> Joe,
>>
>> I presume javadoc is OK with this not-quite-a-doc-comment-tag, when
>> you do "make docs" ...
>>
>> -- Jon
>>

>> On 11/29/2017 10:58 AM, Joe Wang wrote:
>>> Hi Joe,
>>>
>>> I moved the LastModified to the bottom of the class comment block.
>>> Please let me know what you think:
>>> http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~joehw/jdk10/8191938/webrev/index.html
>>>
>>> Thanks,
>>> Joe

Re: RFR (JDK10/JAXP) 8191938: Fix lint warnings in JAXP repo: a few Deprecation warrnings and enable -Xlint:all

joe darcy
Looks fine Joe; good to see this work get in :-)

Thanks,

-Joe

On 11/30/2017 10:23 PM, Joe Wang wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> The webrev is updated with a javac flag that includes a set of public
> APIs in java.xml that we care about with regards to doclint.
>
> http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~joehw/jdk10/8191938/webrev/
>
> Thanks,
> Joe
>
> On 11/30/17, 11:25 AM, Joe Wang wrote:
>> Hi Jon, all,
>>
>> For the LastModified tag, yes, "make docs" was fine. Note that it
>> will appear only in impl classes.
>>
>> For the webrev, I also updated the javac flag from doclint:none to a
>> set of java.xml public packages that we care about.
>>
>> http://cr.openjdk.java.net/%7Ejoehw/jdk10/8191938/webrev/
>>
>> Thanks,
>> Joe
>>
>> On 11/29/17, 2:11 PM, Jonathan Gibbons wrote:
>>> Joe,
>>>
>>> I presume javadoc is OK with this not-quite-a-doc-comment-tag, when
>>> you do "make docs" ...
>>>
>>> -- Jon

Re: RFR (JDK10/JAXP) 8191938: Fix lint warnings in JAXP repo: a few Deprecation warrnings and enable -Xlint:all

Joe Wang
Thanks Joe!  Pushed.

Thanks for helping me getting this work done, finally!  From 5230
warnings in your original count, plus some new warnings introduced by
JDK 9, down to zero, it's been two years already. I'm happy we join in
the big family to be lint free :-)

-Joe