Quantcast

RFR: JDK9 b167: demos exist in JDK bundles

RFR: JDK9 b167: demos exist in JDK bundles

Erik Joelsson
We recently stopped building the JDK demos, or at least most of them.
For client testing purposes we are still building some of them, and
those are now ending up in the JDK bundle. Since we are very late in JDK
9, we do not want to interrupt the testing procedures by moving these
demos out of the jdk image. This patch restores the filtering of the jdk
bundle to again exclude the demo directory.

Since these demo files are now only kept for use in testing, their
proper place is actually in the test-image/bundle. This patch also adds
them there to support the transition of the testing procedures.

Webrev: http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~erikj/8179867/webrev.01

/Erik

Re: RFR: JDK9 b167: demos exist in JDK bundles

Magnus Ihse Bursie
On 2017-05-10 01:28, Erik Joelsson wrote:

> We recently stopped building the JDK demos, or at least most of them.
> For client testing purposes we are still building some of them, and
> those are now ending up in the JDK bundle. Since we are very late in
> JDK 9, we do not want to interrupt the testing procedures by moving
> these demos out of the jdk image. This patch restores the filtering of
> the jdk bundle to again exclude the demo directory.
>
> Since these demo files are now only kept for use in testing, their
> proper place is actually in the test-image/bundle. This patch also
> adds them there to support the transition of the testing procedures.

> Webrev: http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~erikj/8179867/webrev.01

Looks good to me.

Thanks for being proactive in moving the demos to the test image!

/Magnus