RFR(M): 8167420: Fixes for InetAddressImpl native coding on Linux/Unix platforms

RFR(M): 8167420: Fixes for InetAddressImpl native coding on Linux/Unix platforms

Langer, Christoph

Hi,

after pushing the change for 8171075 (http://hg.openjdk.java.net/jdk9/dev/jdk/rev/3edecfdfe4de), I have updated my patch for 8167420 and I have also updated the bug description to reflect the reduced scope.

Webrev: http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~clanger/webrevs/8167420.0/

The change now merely is code cleanup which should not change the current behavior (apart from the Solaris isspace(hostname[0]) check, which I think is not needed at least on the Solaris versions I worked with).

From my point of view this change is ready to push and it runs nightly in our builds/tests of OpenJDK on several platforms. Though I guess you want to postpone this to JDK10, I’d be glad if you could still consider it for JDK9. But I won’t pressure otherwise ;-)

Thanks & Best regards

Christoph