Quantcast

RFR (M): 8171077: Use getaddrinfo/getnameinfo in Windows Inet4AddresImpl native code

RFR (M): 8171077: Use getaddrinfo/getnameinfo in Windows Inet4AddresImpl native code

Langer, Christoph

Hi again,

this is the Windows part.

Webrev: http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~clanger/webrevs/8171077.0/

Best regards

Christoph

Re: RFR (M): 8171077: Use getaddrinfo/getnameinfo in Windows Inet4AddresImpl native code

Chris Hegarty
Hi Christoph,
> On 12 Dec 2016, at 10:09, Langer, Christoph <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Hi again,
>
> this is the Windows part.

> Webrev: http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~clanger/webrevs/8171077.0/

I think this looks ok.

For consistency, should the code ‘goto cleanupAndReturn’ if
getaddrinfo fails ( rather than release + return ) ?

Out of curiosity were you seeing issues with the older
getXXXbyXXX calls, or is this cleanup/modernisation driven?

-Chris.

RE: RFR (M): 8171077: Use getaddrinfo/getnameinfo in Windows Inet4AddresImpl native code

Langer, Christoph
Hi Chris,

thanks for the review.

You are right, it looks more consistent if the code would also 'goto cleanupAndReturn' at getaddrinfo failure. I'll change that before pushing.

For me this one was driven by reducing diffs of our SAP JVM variant to the master. We did that change already quite some time ago but I haven't been at the team back then so I can't give more insights on the motivation at the time. The code comment tells that in some configurations different results to the getXXbyXX calls could be observed and it lead to issues. So they obviously wanted to align this.

Christoph.