RFR(M) : 8184738: CTW fails with assert(!method->method_holder()->is_not_initialized()) failed: method holder must be initialized

RFR(M) : 8184738: CTW fails with assert(!method->method_holder()->is_not_initialized()) failed: method holder must be initialized

Igor Ignatyev
> http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~iignatyev//8184738/webrev.00
> 547 lines changed: 220 ins; 166 del; 161 mod;

Hi all,

could you please review this patch for CTW library?

problem: we didn't run <clinit> for some classes, it might have lead to assert in native code during compilation.
fix: now we load and init a class inside try-catch block, so if there is any issue w/ class loading/initialization we will report an warning and skip this class.

as a part of this patch, I've also done some refactoring (mainly in *Entry classes) to make code more readable and remove duplication.

jbs: https://bugs.openjdk.java.net/browse/JDK-8184738
webrev: http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~iignatyev//8184738/webrev.00
testing: hotspot/test/applications/ctw, hotspot/test/testlibrary_tests/ctw

Thanks,
-- Igor

Re: RFR(M) : 8184738: CTW fails with assert(!method->method_holder()->is_not_initialized()) failed: method holder must be initialized

Igor Ignatyev
a reminder.

-- Igor

> On Aug 3, 2017, at 4:15 PM, Igor Ignatyev <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
>> http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~iignatyev//8184738/webrev.00
>> 547 lines changed: 220 ins; 166 del; 161 mod;
>

> Hi all,
>
> could you please review this patch for CTW library?
>
> problem: we didn't run <clinit> for some classes, it might have lead to assert in native code during compilation.
> fix: now we load and init a class inside try-catch block, so if there is any issue w/ class loading/initialization we will report an warning and skip this class.
>
> as a part of this patch, I've also done some refactoring (mainly in *Entry classes) to make code more readable and remove duplication.
>
> jbs: https://bugs.openjdk.java.net/browse/JDK-8184738
> webrev: http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~iignatyev//8184738/webrev.00
> testing: hotspot/test/applications/ctw, hotspot/test/testlibrary_tests/ctw
>
> Thanks,
> -- Igor

Re: RFR(M) : 8184738: CTW fails with assert(!method->method_holder()->is_not_initialized()) failed: method holder must be initialized

Vladimir Kozlov
Looks good to me.

Thanks,
Vladimir

On 8/7/17 4:51 PM, Igor Ignatyev wrote:

> a reminder.
>
> -- Igor
>
>> On Aug 3, 2017, at 4:15 PM, Igor Ignatyev <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>>> http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~iignatyev//8184738/webrev.00
>>> 547 lines changed: 220 ins; 166 del; 161 mod;
>>

>> Hi all,
>>
>> could you please review this patch for CTW library?
>>
>> problem: we didn't run <clinit> for some classes, it might have lead to assert in native code during compilation.
>> fix: now we load and init a class inside try-catch block, so if there is any issue w/ class loading/initialization we will report an warning and skip this class.
>>
>> as a part of this patch, I've also done some refactoring (mainly in *Entry classes) to make code more readable and remove duplication.
>>
>> jbs: https://bugs.openjdk.java.net/browse/JDK-8184738
>> webrev: http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~iignatyev//8184738/webrev.00
>> testing: hotspot/test/applications/ctw, hotspot/test/testlibrary_tests/ctw
>>
>> Thanks,
>> -- Igor

Re: RFR(M) : 8184738: CTW fails with assert(!method->method_holder()->is_not_initialized()) failed: method holder must be initialized

Igor Ignatyev
Hi Vladimir,

thank you for the review.

Cheers,