RFR(M): 8190285: s390: Some java boolean checks are not correct

RFR(M): 8190285: s390: Some java boolean checks are not correct

Doerr, Martin
Hi,

the current s390 implementation misses a couple of small fixes which exist on other platforms.

Please review:
http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~mdoerr/8190285_s390_jbool/webrev.00/

Best regards,
Martin

Re: RFR(M): 8190285: s390: Some java boolean checks are not correct

Schmidt, Lutz
Hi Martin,

thank you for fixing this. Your changes look good.

Best Regards,
Lutz

On 27.10.2017, 16:23, "Doerr, Martin" <[hidden email]<mailto:[hidden email]>> wrote:

Hi,

the current s390 implementation misses a couple of small fixes which exist on other platforms.

Please review:
http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~mdoerr/8190285_s390_jbool/webrev.00/

Best regards,
Martin

Re: RFR(M): 8190285: s390: Some java boolean checks are not correct

coleen.phillimore

Hi This looks good, but do you have a test case for the early return
case?   Many of the platforms are missing the narrow call.

http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~mdoerr/8190285_s390_jbool/webrev.00/src/hotspot/cpu/s390/templateInterpreterGenerator_s390.cpp.udiff.html

Thanks,
Coleen

On 10/27/17 10:23 AM, Doerr, Martin wrote:

> Hi,
>
> the current s390 implementation misses a couple of small fixes which exist on other platforms.
>
> Please review:
> http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~mdoerr/8190285_s390_jbool/webrev.00/
>
> Best regards,
> Martin

RE: RFR(M): 8190285: s390: Some java boolean checks are not correct

Doerr, Martin
Hi Coleen,

thanks for reviewing. We have only tested that the narrowing in early return doesn't break anything.
It should be possible to test it by using a modified Java debugger, but I haven't tried that.
Anyway, I think the narrowing should be there since ForceEarlyReturnInt can be used for any of these types and I couldn't find a check in the JVMTI implementation.

Best regards,
Martin