RFR[M] 8193672 - [test] Enhance vm.cds property to check for all conditions required to run CDS tests

RFR[M] 8193672 - [test] Enhance vm.cds property to check for all conditions required to run CDS tests

Ioi Lam
Hi,

Please review this fix that touches many test cases with simple changes.

- https://bugs.openjdk.java.net/browse/JDK-8193672
-
http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~iklam/jdk11/8193672.enhance.vm.cds.test.property.v01/

SUMMARY
=======

All the test changes look like this:

Before:

* AppCDS does not support uncompressed oops"
* @requires (vm.opt.UseCompressedOops == null) |
(vm.opt.UseCompressedOops == true)

After:

* @requires vm.cds

This makes the tests easier to maintain, as we no longer need to
leak the implementation dependencies of CDS into all of the test cases.

The check for "(vm.opt.UseCompressedOops == null) |
(vm.opt.UseCompressedOops == true)"
is now moved into whitebox.cpp (the first file in the webrev page).

TESTING
=======

Tested with hotspot tier1 and tier2, which include all the CDS tests.

Thanks!
- Ioi

Re: RFR[M] 8193672 - [test] Enhance vm.cds property to check for all conditions required to run CDS tests

David Holmes
Looks okay.

On 17/12/2017 11:26 AM, Ioi Lam wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Please review this fix that touches many test cases with simple changes.
>
> - https://bugs.openjdk.java.net/browse/JDK-8193672
> -
> http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~iklam/jdk11/8193672.enhance.vm.cds.test.property.v01/
>

> SUMMARY
> =======
>
> All the test changes look like this:
>
> Before:
>
> * AppCDS does not support uncompressed oops"
> * @requires (vm.opt.UseCompressedOops == null) |
> (vm.opt.UseCompressedOops == true)
>
> After:
>
> * @requires vm.cds
>
> This makes the tests easier to maintain, as we no longer need to
> leak the implementation dependencies of CDS into all of the test cases.
>

> The check for "(vm.opt.UseCompressedOops == null) |
> (vm.opt.UseCompressedOops == true)"
> is now moved into whitebox.cpp (the first file in the webrev page).
>

> TESTING
> =======
>
> Tested with hotspot tier1 and tier2, which include all the CDS tests.
>

> Thanks!
> - Ioi

Re: RFR[M] 8193672 - [test] Enhance vm.cds property to check for all conditions required to run CDS tests

Dmitry Samersoff-3
Ioi,

The fix looks good to me.

-Dmitry

17/12/2017 04:26, Ioi Lam пишет:

> Hi,
>
> Please review this fix that touches many test cases with simple changes.
>
> - https://bugs.openjdk.java.net/browse/JDK-8193672
> -
> http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~iklam/jdk11/8193672.enhance.vm.cds.test.property.v01/
>

> SUMMARY
> =======
>
> All the test changes look like this:
>
> Before:
>
> * AppCDS does not support uncompressed oops"
> * @requires (vm.opt.UseCompressedOops == null) |
> (vm.opt.UseCompressedOops == true)
>
> After:
>
> * @requires vm.cds
>
> This makes the tests easier to maintain, as we no longer need to
> leak the implementation dependencies of CDS into all of the test cases.
>

> The check for "(vm.opt.UseCompressedOops == null) |
> (vm.opt.UseCompressedOops == true)"
> is now moved into whitebox.cpp (the first file in the webrev page).
>

> TESTING
> =======
>
> Tested with hotspot tier1 and tier2, which include all the CDS tests.
>

> Thanks!
> - Ioi

RE: RFR[M] 8193672 - [test] Enhance vm.cds property to check for all conditions required to run CDS tests

Lindenmaier, Goetz
Hi Ioi,

Thanks for spreading the use of this property!

  Goetz.