RFR (S) 8175370: Fix C calling convention for CRC32C and Adler32 intrinsics

RFR (S) 8175370: Fix C calling convention for CRC32C and Adler32 intrinsics

Schmidt, Lutz

Hi all,

may I kindly request reviews for my small bug fix? Further down the road, I would need a sponsor, too.

Bug: https://bugs.openjdk.java.net/browse/JDK-8175370

Webrev: http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~lucy/webrevs/8175370/

On some platforms (ppc, s390) the C calling convention requires “int” arguments to be converted to “long” by the caller. This requirement was not observed by c2-generated calls to the CRC32C and Adler32 intrinsics. The fix was rather simple, using the calls from the CRC32 intrinsics as a template.

This is not an issue as of now. The affected intrinsics are not yet (but will soon be) implemented. You may see this as a preemptive bug fix.

Thanks,

Lutz

Re: RFR (S) 8175370: Fix C calling convention for CRC32C and Adler32 intrinsics

Schmidt, Lutz

Hi all,

I would like to request to put all activities re this RFR on hold. As per private communication with Goetz, this fix should not be necessary. On the other hand, my prepared CRC32C contribution, despite almost identical to CRC32, does not run without it.

I am looking for that needle… Sorry for the confusion!

Regards, Lutz

Re: RFR (S) 8175370: Fix C calling convention for CRC32C and Adler32 intrinsics

Schmidt, Lutz

Dear all,

I have closed the related bug as “Not an Issue”. This RFR is herewith irrelevant. I hope you did not invest any of your valuable time.

Best Regards,

Lutz