RFR(S): 8176102 - Rename hotspot_fast* test groups to hotspot_tier1*

RFR(S): 8176102 - Rename hotspot_fast* test groups to hotspot_tier1*

Christian Tornqvist
Hi everyone,

Please review this small change that renames the hotspot_fast* test groups
to hotspot_tier1, also renamed the hotspot_runtime_tier* to follow the same
naming standard.

Tested by running the change through JPRT.

Webrevs:

http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~ctornqvi/webrev/8176102/root/webrev.00/

http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~ctornqvi/webrev/8176102/hotspot/webrev.00/

Bug:

Christian

Re: RFR(S): 8176102 - Rename hotspot_fast* test groups to hotspot_tier1*

George Triantafillou
Hi Christian,

Looks good.

-George

On 3/3/2017 10:41 AM, Christian Tornqvist wrote:

> Hi everyone,
>

> Please review this small change that renames the hotspot_fast* test groups
> to hotspot_tier1, also renamed the hotspot_runtime_tier* to follow the same
> naming standard.
>
> Tested by running the change through JPRT.
>

> Webrevs:
>
> http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~ctornqvi/webrev/8176102/root/webrev.00/
>
> http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~ctornqvi/webrev/8176102/hotspot/webrev.00/
>

> Bug:

> Christian

Re: RFR(S): 8176102 - Rename hotspot_fast* test groups to hotspot_tier1*

Mikhailo Seledtsov
Changes look good to me,
Misha

On 3/3/17, 8:19 AM, George Triantafillou wrote:

> Hi Christian,
>
> Looks good.
>
> -George
>
> On 3/3/2017 10:41 AM, Christian Tornqvist wrote:
>> Hi everyone,
>>

>> Please review this small change that renames the hotspot_fast* test
>> groups
>> to hotspot_tier1, also renamed the hotspot_runtime_tier* to follow
>> the same
>> naming standard.
>>
>> Tested by running the change through JPRT.
>>

>> Webrevs:
>>
>> http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~ctornqvi/webrev/8176102/root/webrev.00/
>>
>> http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~ctornqvi/webrev/8176102/hotspot/webrev.00/
>>

>> Bug:

>> Christian

Re: RFR(S): 8176102 - Rename hotspot_fast* test groups to hotspot_tier1*

Hi Christian,

Rename looks good.

Should we also rename the now oddly named hotspot_not_fast_compiler?

On 4/03/2017 1:41 AM, Christian Tornqvist wrote:

> Hi everyone,
>

> Please review this small change that renames the hotspot_fast* test groups
> to hotspot_tier1, also renamed the hotspot_runtime_tier* to follow the same
> naming standard.
>
> Tested by running the change through JPRT.
>

> Webrevs:
>
> http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~ctornqvi/webrev/8176102/root/webrev.00/
>
> http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~ctornqvi/webrev/8176102/hotspot/webrev.00/
>

> Bug:

> Christian

RE: RFR(S): 8176102 - Rename hotspot_fast* test groups to hotspot_tier1*

Christian Tornqvist
Hi David,

Not sure what that name would be though, the compiler is using this group
with flag rotation in multiple tiers. I'll leave the renaming of this group
to the compiler team to sort out.

Thanks,
Christioan

Should we also rename the now oddly named hotspot_not_fast_compiler?

On 4/03/2017 1:41 AM, Christian Tornqvist wrote:

> Hi everyone,
>

> Please review this small change that renames the hotspot_fast* test
> groups to hotspot_tier1, also renamed the hotspot_runtime_tier* to
> follow the same naming standard.
>
> Tested by running the change through JPRT.
>

> Webrevs:
>
> http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~ctornqvi/webrev/8176102/root/webrev.00/
>
> http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~ctornqvi/webrev/8176102/hotspot/webrev.00/
>

> Bug:

> Christian

Re: RFR(S): 8176102 - Rename hotspot_fast* test groups to hotspot_tier1*

Vladimir Kozlov
Hi Christian,

As I remember hotspot_not_fast_compiler is used in later tiers. Can we
just name it accordingly, for example: hotspot_tier2_compiler?

Thanks,
Vladimir

On 3/6/17 7:36 AM, Christian Tornqvist wrote:

> Hi David,
>
> Not sure what that name would be though, the compiler is using this group
> with flag rotation in multiple tiers. I'll leave the renaming of this group
> to the compiler team to sort out.
>
> Thanks,
> Christioan

Hi Vladimir,

That would be misleading though, it's used a lot more than just in tier2.

Thanks,
Christian

As I remember hotspot_not_fast_compiler is used in later tiers. Can we just
name it accordingly, for example: hotspot_tier2_compiler?

Thanks,
Vladimir

On 3/6/17 7:36 AM, Christian Tornqvist wrote:

> Hi David,
>
> Not sure what that name would be though, the compiler is using this
> group with flag rotation in multiple tiers. I'll leave the renaming of
> this group to the compiler team to sort out.
>
> Thanks,
> Christioan

I'm going to go ahead and push this change, the compiler team can follow up
on the renaming of hotspot_not_fast_compiler at a later time.

Thanks,
Christian

That would be misleading though, it's used a lot more than just in tier2.

Thanks,
Christian

As I remember hotspot_not_fast_compiler is used in later tiers. Can we just
name it accordingly, for example: hotspot_tier2_compiler?

Thanks,
Vladimir

On 3/6/17 7:36 AM, Christian Tornqvist wrote:

> Hi David,
>
> Not sure what that name would be though, the compiler is using this
> group with flag rotation in multiple tiers. I'll leave the renaming of
> this group to the compiler team to sort out.
>
> Thanks,
> Christioan

Okay

Thanks,