RFR(S) : 8180399 : move jdk.testlibrary.LockFreeLogManager to the top level test library

RFR(S) : 8180399 : move jdk.testlibrary.LockFreeLogManager to the top level test library

Igor Ignatyev
http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~iignatyev//8180399/webrev.00/index.html
> 186 lines changed: 87 ins; 90 del; 9 mod;

Hi all,

could you please review this small patch which moves LockFreeLogManager class from jdk test library to the top level test library?
this fix is a part of ongoing effort on merging and cleaning up our test libraries[1].

webrev: http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~iignatyev//8180397/webrev.00/index.html
testing: affected tests

[1]  https://bugs.openjdk.java.net/browse/JDK-8075327

Thanks,
-- Igor

Re: RFR(S) : 8180399 : move jdk.testlibrary.LockFreeLogManager to the top level test library

Paul Sandoz

It’s this one :-)

  https://bugs.openjdk.java.net/browse/JDK-8180399 <https://bugs.openjdk.java.net/browse/JDK-8180399>
  http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~iignatyev/8180399/webrev.00/ <http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~iignatyev/8180399/webrev.00/>

Does the Locks test need to depend on stuff in /lib/testlibrary ?

Paul.

> On 16 May 2017, at 21:21, Igor Ignatyev <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~iignatyev//8180399/webrev.00/index.html
>> 186 lines changed: 87 ins; 90 del; 9 mod;
>
> Hi all,
>
> could you please review this small patch which moves LockFreeLogManager class from jdk test library to the top level test library?
> this fix is a part of ongoing effort on merging and cleaning up our test libraries[1].
>
> webrev: http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~iignatyev//8180397/webrev.00/index.html
> testing: affected tests
>
> [1]  https://bugs.openjdk.java.net/browse/JDK-8075327
>
> Thanks,
> -- Igor

Re: RFR(S) : 8180399 : move jdk.testlibrary.LockFreeLogManager to the top level test library

Igor Ignatyev
Paul,

doh, too many review requests in parallel, thank you for providing the correct links.

yes, you are right j/l/m/ThreadMXBean/Locks test does not depend on jdk testlibrary anymore, I have cleaned it up and retested:

>   * @author  Mandy Chung
>   * @author  Jaroslav Bachorik
>   *
> - * @library /lib/testlibrary /test/lib
> + * @library /test/lib
>   *
> - * @build jdk.testlibrary.*
>   * @run main/othervm Locks
>   */
>  import java.lang.management.*;

Thanks,
-- Igor

> On May 17, 2017, at 5:13 PM, Paul Sandoz <[hidden email]> wrote:
>

> It’s this one :-)
>
>   https://bugs.openjdk.java.net/browse/JDK-8180399 <https://bugs.openjdk.java.net/browse/JDK-8180399>
>   http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~iignatyev/8180399/webrev.00/ <http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~iignatyev/8180399/webrev.00/>
>
> Does the Locks test need to depend on stuff in /lib/testlibrary ?
>
> Paul.
>
>> On 16 May 2017, at 21:21, Igor Ignatyev <[hidden email] <mailto:[hidden email]>> wrote:
>>
>> http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~iignatyev//8180399/webrev.00/index.html <http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~iignatyev//8180399/webrev.00/index.html>
>>> 186 lines changed: 87 ins; 90 del; 9 mod;
>>
>> Hi all,
>>
>> could you please review this small patch which moves LockFreeLogManager class from jdk test library to the top level test library?
>> this fix is a part of ongoing effort on merging and cleaning up our test libraries[1].
>>
>> webrev: http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~iignatyev//8180397/webrev.00/index.html
>> JBS: https://bugs.openjdk.java.net/browse/JDK-8180397
>> testing: affected tests
>>
>> [1]  https://bugs.openjdk.java.net/browse/JDK-8075327
>>
>> Thanks,
>> -- Igor

Re: RFR(S) : 8180399 : move jdk.testlibrary.LockFreeLogManager to the top level test library

Igor Ignatyev
Hi Paul,

do you have other comments on this or can I consider it as reviewed?

Thanks,
-- Igor

> On May 18, 2017, at 10:36 AM, Igor Ignatyev <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Paul,
>
> doh, too many review requests in parallel, thank you for providing the correct links.
>
> yes, you are right j/l/m/ThreadMXBean/Locks test does not depend on jdk testlibrary anymore, I have cleaned it up and retested:
>
>>   * @author  Mandy Chung
>>   * @author  Jaroslav Bachorik
>>   *
>> - * @library /lib/testlibrary /test/lib
>> + * @library /test/lib
>>   *
>> - * @build jdk.testlibrary.*
>>   * @run main/othervm Locks
>>   */
>>  import java.lang.management.*;
>
> Thanks,
> -- Igor
>
>> On May 17, 2017, at 5:13 PM, Paul Sandoz <[hidden email] <mailto:[hidden email]>> wrote:
>>

>> It’s this one :-)
>>
>>   https://bugs.openjdk.java.net/browse/JDK-8180399 <https://bugs.openjdk.java.net/browse/JDK-8180399>
>>   http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~iignatyev/8180399/webrev.00/ <http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~iignatyev/8180399/webrev.00/>
>>
>> Does the Locks test need to depend on stuff in /lib/testlibrary ?
>>
>> Paul.
>>
>>> On 16 May 2017, at 21:21, Igor Ignatyev <[hidden email] <mailto:[hidden email]>> wrote:
>>>
>>> http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~iignatyev//8180399/webrev.00/index.html <http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~iignatyev//8180399/webrev.00/index.html>
>>>
>>> Hi all,
>>>
>>> could you please review this small patch which moves LockFreeLogManager class from jdk test library to the top level test library?
>>> this fix is a part of ongoing effort on merging and cleaning up our test libraries[1].
>>>
>>> webrev: http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~iignatyev//8180397/webrev.00/index.html <http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~iignatyev//8180397/webrev.00/index.html>
>>> JBS: https://bugs.openjdk.java.net/browse/JDK-8180397 <https://bugs.openjdk.java.net/browse/JDK-8180397>
>>> testing: affected tests
>>>
>>> [1]  https://bugs.openjdk.java.net/browse/JDK-8075327 <https://bugs.openjdk.java.net/browse/JDK-8075327>
>>>
>>> Thanks,
>>> -- Igor

Re: RFR(S) : 8180399 : move jdk.testlibrary.LockFreeLogManager to the top level test library

Mandy Chung
I suggest to rename it to jdk.test.lib.LockFreeLogger.  It does not use java.util.logging and it could be in the same package as the other utility.

Mandy

> On May 17, 2017, at 5:13 PM, Paul Sandoz <[hidden email]> wrote:
>

> It’s this one :-)
>
>  https://bugs.openjdk.java.net/browse/JDK-8180399 <https://bugs.openjdk.java.net/browse/JDK-8180399>
>  http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~iignatyev/8180399/webrev.00/ <http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~iignatyev/8180399/webrev.00/>
>
> Does the Locks test need to depend on stuff in /lib/testlibrary ?
>
> Paul.
>
>> On 16 May 2017, at 21:21, Igor Ignatyev <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~iignatyev//8180399/webrev.00/index.html
>>> 186 lines changed: 87 ins; 90 del; 9 mod;
>>
>> Hi all,
>>
>> could you please review this small patch which moves LockFreeLogManager class from jdk test library to the top level test library?
>> this fix is a part of ongoing effort on merging and cleaning up our test libraries[1].
>>
>> webrev: http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~iignatyev//8180397/webrev.00/index.html
>> JBS: https://bugs.openjdk.java.net/browse/JDK-8180397
>> testing: affected tests
>>
>> [1]  https://bugs.openjdk.java.net/browse/JDK-8075327
>>
>> Thanks,
>> -- Igor

Re: RFR(S) : 8180399 : move jdk.testlibrary.LockFreeLogManager to the top level test library

Paul Sandoz

> On 24 May 2017, at 14:18, Igor Ignatyev <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Hi Paul,
>
> do you have other comments on this or can I consider it as reviewed?

The only further comment i have is i like Mandy’s recent suggestion.

Paul.