RFR(S) : 8186618 : [TESTBUG] Test applications/ctw/Modules.java doesn't have timeout and hang on windows

RFR(S) : 8186618 : [TESTBUG] Test applications/ctw/Modules.java doesn't have timeout and hang on windows

Igor Ignatyev
http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~iignatyev//8186618/webrev.00/index.html
> 546 lines changed: 188 ins; 88 del; 270 mod;

Hi all,

could you please review this fix for ctw test?
in some configurations the test takes too much time, it also didn't have timeout, so in case of a hang, e.g. due to JDK-8189604, no one interrupted its execution.

the fix splits the test into several tests, one for each jigsaw module, which not only improves the tests' reliability and reportability, but also speeds up the execution via parallel execution. 2 hours timeout, which is enough for each particular module, has been added to all tests. the patch also puts ctw for java.desktop and jdk.jconsole modules in the problem list on windows.

webrev: http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~iignatyev//8186618/webrev.00/index.html
testing: applications/ctw/modules tests

-- Igor

Re: RFR(S) : 8186618 : [TESTBUG] Test applications/ctw/Modules.java doesn't have timeout and hang on windows

Ekaterina Pavlova
Looks good.

Thanks for fixing it,

-katya

On 10/17/17 9:45 PM, Igor Ignatyev wrote:

> http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~iignatyev//8186618/webrev.00/index.html
>> 546 lines changed: 188 ins; 88 del; 270 mod;
>
> Hi all,
>
> could you please review this fix for ctw test?
> in some configurations the test takes too much time, it also didn't have timeout, so in case of a hang, e.g. due to JDK-8189604, no one interrupted its execution.
>
> the fix splits the test into several tests, one for each jigsaw module, which not only improves the tests' reliability and reportability, but also speeds up the execution via parallel execution. 2 hours timeout, which is enough for each particular module, has been added to all tests. the patch also puts ctw for java.desktop and jdk.jconsole modules in the problem list on windows.
>
> webrev: http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~iignatyev//8186618/webrev.00/index.html
> testing: applications/ctw/modules tests

> -- Igor

Re: RFR(S) : 8186618 : [TESTBUG] Test applications/ctw/Modules.java doesn't have timeout and hang on windows

Igor Ignatyev
Katya, thank you reviewing it.

can I have another review for this patch from a Reviewer?

Thanks,
-- Igor

> On Oct 26, 2017, at 5:40 PM, Ekaterina Pavlova <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Looks good.
>
> Thanks for fixing it,
>
> -katya
>
> On 10/17/17 9:45 PM, Igor Ignatyev wrote:
>> http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~iignatyev//8186618/webrev.00/index.html
>>> 546 lines changed: 188 ins; 88 del; 270 mod;
>> Hi all,
>> could you please review this fix for ctw test?
>> in some configurations the test takes too much time, it also didn't have timeout, so in case of a hang, e.g. due to JDK-8189604, no one interrupted its execution.
>>   the fix splits the test into several tests, one for each jigsaw module, which not only improves the tests' reliability and reportability, but also speeds up the execution via parallel execution. 2 hours timeout, which is enough for each particular module, has been added to all tests. the patch also puts ctw for java.desktop and jdk.jconsole modules in the problem list on windows.
>> webrev: http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~iignatyev//8186618/webrev.00/index.html
>> testing: applications/ctw/modules tests
>> JBS: https://bugs.openjdk.java.net/browse/JDK-8186618
>> Thanks,
>> -- Igor

Re: RFR(S) : 8186618 : [TESTBUG] Test applications/ctw/Modules.java doesn't have timeout and hang on windows

Igor Ignatyev
got an off-list Review from Jepser (cc'ed). Thank you Jesper!

-- Igor