RFR (S): 8189801: Remove G1MarkingOverheadPercent

RFR (S): 8189801: Remove G1MarkingOverheadPercent

Thomas Schatzl
Hi all,

  can I have reviews for the removal of the develop option
G1MarkingOverheadPercent?

The code seems to have been unused for a long time, and particularly
the calculation of sleep_factor is pretty much broken.

Instead of trying to fix this small amount of code (that's develop only
anyway) I suggest to remove all of it.

CR:
Webrev:
http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~tschatzl/8189801/webrev/
Testing:
local compilation + testing

Thanks,
  Thomas

Re: RFR (S): 8189801: Remove G1MarkingOverheadPercent

Stefan Johansson
Hi Thomas,

On 2017-10-23 15:17, Thomas Schatzl wrote:

> Hi all,
>
>    can I have reviews for the removal of the develop option
> G1MarkingOverheadPercent?
>
> The code seems to have been unused for a long time, and particularly
> the calculation of sleep_factor is pretty much broken.
>
> Instead of trying to fix this small amount of code (that's develop only
> anyway) I suggest to remove all of it.
>
> CR:
> Webrev:
> http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~tschatzl/8189801/webrev/
Looks good,
Stefan

> Testing:
> local compilation + testing
>
> Thanks,
>    Thomas

Re: RFR (S): 8189801: Remove G1MarkingOverheadPercent

Thomas Schatzl
Hi Stefan,

On Mon, 2017-10-23 at 16:00 +0200, Stefan Johansson wrote:

> Hi Thomas,
>
> On 2017-10-23 15:17, Thomas Schatzl wrote:
> > Hi all,
> >
> >    can I have reviews for the removal of the develop option
> > G1MarkingOverheadPercent?
> >
> > The code seems to have been unused for a long time, and
> > particularly
> > the calculation of sleep_factor is pretty much broken.
> >
> > Instead of trying to fix this small amount of code (that's develop
> > only
> > anyway) I suggest to remove all of it.
> >
> > CR:
> > https://bugs.openjdk.java.net/browse/JDK-8189801