RFR(S): 8190781: ppc64 + s390: Fix CriticalJNINatives

RFR(S): 8190781: ppc64 + s390: Fix CriticalJNINatives

Doerr, Martin

Hi,

CriticalJNINatives are currently not working correctly on PPC64 and s390. Code which saves & restores int type values is missing.

The s390 implementation needs 2 more minor fixes. Please see my webrev:

http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~mdoerr/8190781_ppc64_s390_CritNatives/webrev.00/

I’ve also fixed an obvious copy&paste bug in PPC64 assembler in a currently unused instruction.

My proposed change also switches off SuperwordUseVSX on PPC64 as discussed with Michihiro who is still working on it.

Please review.

Best regards,

Martin

RE: RFR(S): 8190781: ppc64 + s390: Fix CriticalJNINatives

Lindenmaier, Goetz
HI Martin,

looks good, but please fix this comment to something meaningful before pushing:
(at least I don't grok it :))
// Value is in an input register pass we must flush it to the stack

Thanks,
  Goetz.

Hi Götz,

thanks for the review. Pushed with improved comments.
New tests were just pushed today, so it's good to have this one in, which is needed to get them working correctly.