RFR(S): 8191770: [ppc64] Fix CDS: don't rewrite invokefinal if DumpSharedSpaces

RFR(S): 8191770: [ppc64] Fix CDS: don't rewrite invokefinal if DumpSharedSpaces

Volker Simonis
Hi,

can I please have a review for the following small, ppc64-only change
which fixes CDS on Power:

http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~simonis/webrevs/2017/8191770/

Don't rewrite invokefinal into fast_invokevfinal if running with
DumpSharedSpaces or UseSharedSpaces.

The Template-Interpreter of the ppc-Port was initially derived from
the SPARC version which didn't had full CDS support at that time,
that's why the guard against DumpSharedSpaces was missing at the place
where invokefinal is rewritten.

With this change, all the CDS and upcoming AppCDS jtreg pass on
Linux/ppc64, Linux/ppc64le and AIX.

Thank you and best regards,
Volker

RE: RFR(S): 8191770: [ppc64] Fix CDS: don't rewrite invokefinal if DumpSharedSpaces

Doerr, Martin
Hi Volker,

looks good. Thanks for fixing.

Best regards,
Martin

Thank you and best regards,
Volker

Re: RFR(S): 8191770: [ppc64] Fix CDS: don't rewrite invokefinal if DumpSharedSpaces

Volker Simonis
Thanks Martin!

On Mon, Nov 27, 2017 at 5:05 PM, Doerr, Martin <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi Volker,
>
> looks good. Thanks for fixing.
>
> Best regards,
> Martin

Jiangli Zhou
Hi Volker,

This looks good.

Thanks,
Jiangli

> On Nov 27, 2017, at 7:55 AM, Volker Simonis <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Hi,
>
> can I please have a review for the following small, ppc64-only change
> which fixes CDS on Power:
>
> http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~simonis/webrevs/2017/8191770/
>
> Don't rewrite invokefinal into fast_invokevfinal if running with
> DumpSharedSpaces or UseSharedSpaces.
>
> The Template-Interpreter of the ppc-Port was initially derived from
> the SPARC version which didn't had full CDS support at that time,
> that's why the guard against DumpSharedSpaces was missing at the place
> where invokefinal is rewritten.
>
> With this change, all the CDS and upcoming AppCDS jtreg pass on
> Linux/ppc64, Linux/ppc64le and AIX.
>
> Thank you and best regards,
> Volker

Re: RFR(S): 8191770: [ppc64] Fix CDS: don't rewrite invokefinal if DumpSharedSpaces

Volker Simonis
Hi Jiangli,

thanks for the review!

Regards,