RFR(S): 8205474 - AARCH64: wrong zr encoding for ccmp instruction

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
3 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

RFR(S): 8205474 - AARCH64: wrong zr encoding for ccmp instruction

Dmitrij Pochepko-2
Hi,

please review small patch for 8205474 - AARCH64: wrong zr encoding for
ccmp instruction

ccmp instruction hits assert while trying to compare with zero register.
Root reason is that zero register needs special handling: zr has
internal number 32 in hotspot, while AARCH64 spec require number 31.

This patch fix it.

webrev: http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~dpochepk/8205474/webrev.01/

CR: https://bugs.openjdk.java.net/browse/JDK-8205474


Testing: I created intrinsic which use ccmp with zr and sanity passed.


Thanks,

Dmitrij

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: [aarch64-port-dev ] RFR(S): 8205474 - AARCH64: wrong zr encoding for ccmp instruction

aph-2
On 06/21/2018 02:42 PM, Dmitrij Pochepko wrote:
> please review small patch for 8205474 - AARCH64: wrong zr encoding for
> ccmp instruction
>
> ccmp instruction hits assert while trying to compare with zero register.
> Root reason is that zero register needs special handling: zr has
> internal number 32 in hotspot, while AARCH64 spec require number 31.

Oh Lord, I wrote that horrible code.  I'm sorry.  It was a long time ago.
:-)

> This patch fix it.
>
> webrev: http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~dpochepk/8205474/webrev.01/
>
> CR: https://bugs.openjdk.java.net/browse/JDK-8205474

OK, thanks.

--
Andrew Haley
Java Platform Lead Engineer
Red Hat UK Ltd. <https://www.redhat.com>
EAC8 43EB D3EF DB98 CC77 2FAD A5CD 6035 332F A671
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: [aarch64-port-dev ] RFR(S): 8205474 - AARCH64: wrong zr encoding for ccmp instruction

Dmitrij Pochepko-2
Thank you for review!


On 21.06.2018 16:56, Andrew Haley wrote:

> On 06/21/2018 02:42 PM, Dmitrij Pochepko wrote:
>> please review small patch for 8205474 - AARCH64: wrong zr encoding for
>> ccmp instruction
>>
>> ccmp instruction hits assert while trying to compare with zero register.
>> Root reason is that zero register needs special handling: zr has
>> internal number 32 in hotspot, while AARCH64 spec require number 31.
> Oh Lord, I wrote that horrible code.  I'm sorry.  It was a long time ago.
> :-)
>
>> This patch fix it.
>>
>> webrev: http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~dpochepk/8205474/webrev.01/
>>
>> CR: https://bugs.openjdk.java.net/browse/JDK-8205474
> OK, thanks.
>