RFR (S) 8213721 : [Graal] Tests vmTestbase/nsk/stress/except/except* may be encountering SEGV during out-of-memory conditions

RFR (S) 8213721 : [Graal] Tests vmTestbase/nsk/stress/except/except* may be encountering SEGV during out-of-memory conditions

JC Beyler
Hi all,

Could I get a review for this small change for the except* tests:

Bug: https://bugs.openjdk.java.net/browse/JDK-8213721

The bug contains a good explanation of why this is required.

After the webrev, the tests no longer fail due to a SIGSEV with the flags:

-XX:+UnlockExperimentalVMOptions -XX:+EnableJVMCI -XX:+UseJVMCICompiler -XX:+TraceExceptions -Dgraal.PrintCompilation=true -XX:+PrintCompilation -XX:+TraceDeoptimization

 (except010.java failed due to a timeout and except004.java failed due to an OOME from a Graal thread).

Thanks,
Jc

Re: RFR (S) 8213721 : [Graal] Tests vmTestbase/nsk/stress/except/except* may be encountering SEGV during out-of-memory conditions

Chris Plummer
Hi JC,

I think you need to send this to runtime-dev.

Chris

On 11/20/18 7:38 PM, JC Beyler wrote:
Hi all,

Could I get a review for this small change for the except* tests:

Bug: https://bugs.openjdk.java.net/browse/JDK-8213721

The bug contains a good explanation of why this is required.

After the webrev, the tests no longer fail due to a SIGSEV with the flags:

-XX:+UnlockExperimentalVMOptions -XX:+EnableJVMCI -XX:+UseJVMCICompiler -XX:+TraceExceptions -Dgraal.PrintCompilation=true -XX:+PrintCompilation -XX:+TraceDeoptimization

 (except010.java failed due to a timeout and except004.java failed due to an OOME from a Graal thread).

Thanks,
Jc

Re: RFR (S) 8213721 : [Graal] Tests vmTestbase/nsk/stress/except/except* may be encountering SEGV during out-of-memory conditions

JC Beyler
Done Chris,

Sorry force of habit :)
Jc