RFR(S): AArch64: NMT detail stack trace cleanup

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
5 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

RFR(S): AArch64: NMT detail stack trace cleanup

Dmitry Samersoff-3
Everybody,

Please, review a minimal, aarch64 only patch that makes aarch64 behavior
similar to x86 one.

http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~dsamersoff/JDK-8163011/aarch64_only/webrev.01/

This patch is not a replacement for a larger refactoring I proposed
early, but the refactoring requires significant effort to test it on
different platforms, so I plan to file a separate CR and address it when
possible.

-Dmitry

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: RFR(S): AArch64: NMT detail stack trace cleanup

Andrew Haley
On 17/10/17 09:31, dmitry.samersov wrote:
> Please, review a minimal, aarch64 only patch that makes aarch64 behavior
> similar to x86 one.

It'll want a proper bug id; and please rename the local variable to fp.

--
Andrew Haley
Java Platform Lead Engineer
Red Hat UK Ltd. <https://www.redhat.com>
EAC8 43EB D3EF DB98 CC77 2FAD A5CD 6035 332F A671
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: RFR(S): JDK-8163011 AArch64: NMT detail stack trace cleanup

Dmitry Samersoff-3
Andrew,

Please, see:

http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~dsamersoff/JDK-8163011/aarch64_only/webrev.02/

-Dmitry

On 10/17/2017 03:14 PM, Andrew Haley wrote:
> On 17/10/17 09:31, dmitry.samersov wrote:
>> Please, review a minimal, aarch64 only patch that makes aarch64 behavior
>> similar to x86 one.
>
> It'll want a proper bug id; and please rename the local variable to fp.
>

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: RFR(S): JDK-8163011 AArch64: NMT detail stack trace cleanup

Andrew Haley
On 22/10/17 14:46, Dmitry Samersoff wrote:

> Please, see:
>
> http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~dsamersoff/JDK-8163011/aarch64_only/webrev.02/

Thanks.  This is OK.  It's an ugly hack, but it's not our ugly hack. :-)

--
Andrew Haley
Java Platform Lead Engineer
Red Hat UK Ltd. <https://www.redhat.com>
EAC8 43EB D3EF DB98 CC77 2FAD A5CD 6035 332F A671
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

RE: RFR(S): JDK-8163011 AArch64: NMT detail stack trace cleanup

White, Derek
Hi Dmitry,

Looks good to me!

 - Derek

> -----Original Message-----
> From: hotspot-runtime-dev [mailto:hotspot-runtime-dev-
> [hidden email]] On Behalf Of Andrew Haley
> Sent: Monday, October 23, 2017 3:53 AM
> To: Dmitry Samersoff <[hidden email]>; hotspot-runtime-
> [hidden email]
> Subject: Re: RFR(S): JDK-8163011 AArch64: NMT detail stack trace cleanup
>
> On 22/10/17 14:46, Dmitry Samersoff wrote:
>
> > Please, see:
> >
> > http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~dsamersoff/JDK-
> 8163011/aarch64_only/webrev.02/
>
> Thanks.  This is OK.  It's an ugly hack, but it's not our ugly hack. :-)
>
> --
> Andrew Haley
> Java Platform Lead Engineer
> Red Hat UK Ltd. <https://www.redhat.com>
> EAC8 43EB D3EF DB98 CC77 2FAD A5CD 6035 332F A671