RFR(XS) 8173673: Fix comparison input types in GraalHotSpotVMConfigNode.inlineContiguousAllocationSupported()

RFR(XS) 8173673: Fix comparison input types in GraalHotSpotVMConfigNode.inlineContiguousAllocationSupported()

Igor Veresov
In GraalHotSpotVMConfigNode.inlineContiguousAllocationSupported() we need a cast because loadConfigValue() returns a long, but the node it produces has an int type. It triggers an assert.

Webrev: http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~iveresov/8173673/webrev.00/

Thanks,
igor

Re: RFR(XS) 8173673: Fix comparison input types in GraalHotSpotVMConfigNode.inlineContiguousAllocationSupported()

Vladimir Kozlov
Good.

Thanks,
Vladimir

On 1/30/17 11:10 PM, Igor Veresov wrote:
> In GraalHotSpotVMConfigNode.inlineContiguousAllocationSupported() we need a cast because loadConfigValue() returns a long, but the node it produces has an int type. It triggers an assert.
>
> Webrev: http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~iveresov/8173673/webrev.00/
>

> Thanks,
> igor

Re: RFR(XS) 8173673: Fix comparison input types in GraalHotSpotVMConfigNode.inlineContiguousAllocationSupported()

Igor Veresov
The change got a bit bigger after the reviews on GitHub.
So, I’m revising the webrev: http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~iveresov/8173673/webrev.01/
Relevant discussion here: https://github.com/graalvm/graal-core/pull/249

Thanks,
igor

> On Jan 31, 2017, at 9:14 AM, Vladimir Kozlov <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Good.
>
> Thanks,
> Vladimir
>
> On 1/30/17 11:10 PM, Igor Veresov wrote:
>> In GraalHotSpotVMConfigNode.inlineContiguousAllocationSupported() we need a cast because loadConfigValue() returns a long, but the node it produces has an int type. It triggers an assert.
>>
>> Webrev: http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~iveresov/8173673/webrev.00/
>>

>> Thanks,
>> igor

Re: RFR(XS) 8173673: Fix comparison input types in GraalHotSpotVMConfigNode.inlineContiguousAllocationSupported()

Vladimir Kozlov
Good. Please, list GitHub reviewers in changeset (if they have openjdk id).

Thanks,
Vladimir

On 2/6/17 12:04 PM, Igor Veresov wrote:

> The change got a bit bigger after the reviews on GitHub.
> So, I’m revising the webrev: http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~iveresov/8173673/webrev.01/
> Relevant discussion here: https://github.com/graalvm/graal-core/pull/249
>
> Thanks,
> igor
>
>> On Jan 31, 2017, at 9:14 AM, Vladimir Kozlov <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> Good.
>>
>> Thanks,
>> Vladimir
>>
>> On 1/30/17 11:10 PM, Igor Veresov wrote:
>>> In GraalHotSpotVMConfigNode.inlineContiguousAllocationSupported() we need a cast because loadConfigValue() returns a long, but the node it produces has an int type. It triggers an assert.
>>>
>>> Webrev: http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~iveresov/8173673/webrev.00/
>>>

>>> Thanks,
>>> igor

Re: RFR(XS) 8173673: Fix comparison input types in GraalHotSpotVMConfigNode.inlineContiguousAllocationSupported()

Igor Veresov
Thanks, Vladimir!

igor