RFR (XS): 8173936 [TESTBUG] test/serviceability/jvmti/ModuleAwareAgents/ClassFileLoadHook/MAAClassFileLoadHook.java needs to be re-examined

RFR (XS): 8173936 [TESTBUG] test/serviceability/jvmti/ModuleAwareAgents/ClassFileLoadHook/MAAClassFileLoadHook.java needs to be re-examined

serguei.spitsyn@oracle.com
Please, review a fix for the test bug:

Webrev:
  http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~sspitsyn/webrevs/2017/hotspot/8173936-MAA-cflh.1/

  the Jigsaw implementation has changed in a way that no longer loads any classes in this phase
  unless the capability can_generate_early_vmstart is enabled.
  The fix is to expect CFLH events in the JVMTI start phase only if this capability is enabled.

Testing:
  The fixed test ClassFileLoadHook/MAAClassFileLoadHook.java is passed now.

Thanks,
Serguei

Re: RFR (XS): 8173936 [TESTBUG] test/serviceability/jvmti/ModuleAwareAgents/ClassFileLoadHook/MAAClassFileLoadHook.java needs to be re-examined

David Holmes
Hi Serguei,

On 17/10/2017 3:35 PM, [hidden email] wrote:

> Please, review a fix for the test bug:
>

> Webrev:
> http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~sspitsyn/webrevs/2017/hotspot/8173936-MAA-cflh.1/

> longer gets these events because
>    the Jigsaw implementation has changed in a way that no longer loads
> any classes in this phase
>    unless the capability can_generate_early_vmstart is enabled.
>    The fix is to expect CFLH events in the JVMTI start phase only if
> this capability is enabled.

That description confused me somewhat but now I get it. :) The class the
test is looking for is not loaded in the "start phase" now but in the
"primordial phase" - unless you set the can_generate_early_vmstart
capability to move the start phase back to where it used to be.

Okay - seems fine.

> Testing:
>    The fixed test ClassFileLoadHook/MAAClassFileLoadHook.java is passed now.
>
> Thanks,
> Serguei

Re: RFR (XS): 8173936 [TESTBUG] test/serviceability/jvmti/ModuleAwareAgents/ClassFileLoadHook/MAAClassFileLoadHook.java needs to be re-examined

serguei.spitsyn@oracle.com
Hi David,

On 10/16/17 23:24, David Holmes wrote:

> Hi Serguei,

>> Please, review a fix for the test bug:
>>

>> Webrev:
>> http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~sspitsyn/webrevs/2017/hotspot/8173936-MAA-cflh.1/

>> longer gets these events because
>>    the Jigsaw implementation has changed in a way that no longer
>> loads any classes in this phase
>>    unless the capability can_generate_early_vmstart is enabled.
>>    The fix is to expect CFLH events in the JVMTI start phase only if
>> this capability is enabled.
>
> That description confused me somewhat but now I get it. :) The class
> the test is looking for is not loaded in the "start phase" now but in
> the "primordial phase" - unless you set the can_generate_early_vmstart
> capability to move the start phase back to where it used to be.

Right.
Sorry, I was not explicit about it.

> Okay - seems fine.

Thank you a lot for quick review!

Thanks,
Serguei

>> Testing:
>>    The fixed test ClassFileLoadHook/MAAClassFileLoadHook.java is
>> passed now.
>>
>> Thanks,
>> Serguei

Re: RFR (XS): 8173936 [TESTBUG] test/serviceability/jvmti/ModuleAwareAgents/ClassFileLoadHook/MAAClassFileLoadHook.java needs to be re-examined

George Triantafillou

Hi Serguei,

This looks good.

-George

Serguei

Re: RFR (XS): 8173936 [TESTBUG] test/serviceability/jvmti/ModuleAwareAgents/ClassFileLoadHook/MAAClassFileLoadHook.java needs to be re-examined

serguei.spitsyn@oracle.com
Hi George,

Thank you a lot for review!
Serguei