RFR (XS) 8179603: create a jtreg test group for hotspot tests excluding application testing

RFR (XS) 8179603: create a jtreg test group for hotspot tests excluding application testing

coleen.phillimore
This creates a group called hotspot_all_no_apps which runs all the
hotspot tests without the application tests which take forever. With
this, you can run all the tests on a local machine in something like 3
hours with the jtreg command:

jtreg -nr -nativepath:$JAVA_HOME/../test/hotspot/jtreg/native
-jdk:$JAVA_HOME -v:summary -ignore:quiet -retain:fail,"hs_err*" -server
-agentvm -conc:5 -exclude:open/test/hotspot/jtreg/ProblemList.txt
open/test/hotspot/jtreg:hotspot_all_no_apps

This change also adds the only failing test to the ProblemList.txt file.

open webrev at http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~coleenp/8179603.01/webrev
bug link https://bugs.openjdk.java.net/browse/JDK-8179603

Thanks,
Coleen

Re: RFR (XS) 8179603: create a jtreg test group for hotspot tests excluding application testing

David Holmes
Hi Coleen,

On 15/11/2017 10:51 AM, [hidden email] wrote:
> This creates a group called hotspot_all_no_apps which runs all the
> hotspot tests without the application tests which take forever. With
> this, you can run all the tests on a local machine in something like 3
> hours with the jtreg command:
>
> jtreg -nr -nativepath:$JAVA_HOME/../test/hotspot/jtreg/native
> -jdk:$JAVA_HOME -v:summary -ignore:quiet -retain:fail,"hs_err*" -server
> -agentvm -conc:5 -exclude:open/test/hotspot/jtreg/ProblemList.txt
> open/test/hotspot/jtreg:hotspot_all_no_apps

Okay.

> This change also adds the only failing test to the ProblemList.txt file.

Has this tier3 test been failing in our tier3 testing? It would be
cleaner to have a sub-task on 8191270 for this. No need to see a
separate webrev, just commit under the sub-task id as a trivial fix.

> open webrev at http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~coleenp/8179603.01/webrev
> bug link https://bugs.openjdk.java.net/browse/JDK-8179603
>
> Thanks,
> Coleen

Re: RFR (XS) 8179603: create a jtreg test group for hotspot tests excluding application testing

serguei.spitsyn@oracle.com

Serguei

On 11/14/17 8:20 PM, David Holmes wrote:

> Hi Coleen,

>> This creates a group called hotspot_all_no_apps which runs all the
>> hotspot tests without the application tests which take forever. With
>> this, you can run all the tests on a local machine in something like
>> 3 hours with the jtreg command:
>>
>> jtreg -nr -nativepath:$JAVA_HOME/../test/hotspot/jtreg/native
>> -jdk:$JAVA_HOME -v:summary -ignore:quiet -retain:fail,"hs_err*"
>> -server -agentvm -conc:5
>> -exclude:open/test/hotspot/jtreg/ProblemList.txt
>> open/test/hotspot/jtreg:hotspot_all_no_apps
>
> Okay.
>
>> This change also adds the only failing test to the ProblemList.txt file.
>
> Has this tier3 test been failing in our tier3 testing? It would be
> cleaner to have a sub-task on 8191270 for this. No need to see a
> separate webrev, just commit under the sub-task id as a trivial fix.

I asked Jesper and I don't know why we don't see this with nightly
testing.  I don't know how to navigate the pages in finite time.

Okay, I can do that.

Thanks,
Coleen

>> open webrev at http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~coleenp/8179603.01/webrev
>> bug link https://bugs.openjdk.java.net/browse/JDK-8179603
>>
>> Thanks,
>> Coleen

Re: RFR (XS) 8179603: create a jtreg test group for hotspot tests excluding application testing

coleen.phillimore
Thanks Serguei!
Coleen