RFR(XS) : 8181118 : update java/time tests to use RandomFactory from the top level testlibrary

RFR(XS) : 8181118 : update java/time tests to use RandomFactory from the top level testlibrary

Igor Ignatyev
http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~iignatyev/8181118/webrev.00
> 115 lines changed: 0 ins; 108 del; 7 mod;

Hi all,

could you please review this small fix for java/time tests? RandomFactory has been moved to the top level testlibrary by 8180805[1], but java/time weren't updated when b/c jtreg didn't use external root for libraries listed in lib.dirs test property file[2]. it has been fixed in jtreg4.2b09, now java/time tests can be updated to use top level testlibrary and @deprecated RandomFactory (from test/jdk/lib/testlibrary) can be removed.

webrev: http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~iignatyev/8181118/webrev.00
testing: java/time/jck and java/time/tests

[2] https://bugs.openjdk.java.net/browse/CODETOOLS-7901987

Thanks,
-- Igor

Re: RFR(XS) : 8181118 : update java/time tests to use RandomFactory from the top level testlibrary

roger riggs
Hi Igor,

Looks fine.

Is the current jtreg b09?

Also, please break the line (w/ '\`) for exclusiveAccess so side-by-side
diffs fit on the screen.

Thanks, Roger

On 12/6/2017 7:35 PM, Igor Ignatyev wrote:

> http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~iignatyev/8181118/webrev.00
>> 115 lines changed: 0 ins; 108 del; 7 mod;
> Hi all,
>
> could you please review this small fix for java/time tests? RandomFactory has been moved to the top level testlibrary by 8180805[1], but java/time weren't updated when b/c jtreg didn't use external root for libraries listed in lib.dirs test property file[2]. it has been fixed in jtreg4.2b09, now java/time tests can be updated to use top level testlibrary and @deprecated RandomFactory (from test/jdk/lib/testlibrary) can be removed.
>
> webrev: http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~iignatyev/8181118/webrev.00
> testing: java/time/jck and java/time/tests

> [2] https://bugs.openjdk.java.net/browse/CODETOOLS-7901987
>
> Thanks,
> -- Igor

Re: RFR(XS) : 8181118 : update java/time tests to use RandomFactory from the top level testlibrary

Igor Ignatyev

Hi Roger,

> On Dec 7, 2017, at 7:27 AM, Roger Riggs <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Hi Igor,
>
> Looks fine.
>
> Is the current jtreg b09?
no, the latest the greatest jtreg is 4.2-b10. usually we specify the minimal required version in TEST.ROOT, not the latest available.

> Also, please break the line (w/ '\`) for exclusiveAccess so side-by-side diffs fit on the screen.
it's not really related to this patch, so if you don't mind of course, I'd prefer to make that refactoring in a separate RFE.

On 12/7/2017 11:18 AM, Igor Ignatyev wrote:

>> Also, please break the line (w/ '\`) for exclusiveAccess so side-by-side diffs fit on the screen.
> it's not really related to this patch, so if you don't mind of course, I'd prefer to make that refactoring in a separate RFE.
True, but it is incidental here and is not worth doing as a separate
RFE.  Just trying to keep the overhead low.
if you're not going to do it now; don't bother creating an RFE; it just
more noise.

Thanks, Roger