RFR(XS): 8192908: -XX:+UseCountedLoopSafepoints alone doesn't disable strip mining with G1

RFR(XS): 8192908: -XX:+UseCountedLoopSafepoints alone doesn't disable strip mining with G1

Roland Westrelin-3

http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~roland/8192908/webrev.00/

Running java -XX:+UseCountedLoopSafepoints causes a message to be
printed:

warning: When counted loop safepoints are enabled, LoopStripMiningIter must be at least 1 (a safepoint every 1 iteration): setting it to 1

But the G1 specific code sets LoopStripMiningIter to 1000. This change
makes sure that -XX:+UseCountedLoopSafepoints disables loop strip
mining.

Roland.

Re: RFR(XS): 8192908: -XX:+UseCountedLoopSafepoints alone doesn't disable strip mining with G1

Tobias Hartmann-2
Hi Roland,

looks good to me.

Best regards,
Tobias

On 06.12.2017 15:06, Roland Westrelin wrote:

> http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~roland/8192908/webrev.00/
>
> Running java -XX:+UseCountedLoopSafepoints causes a message to be
> printed:
>
> warning: When counted loop safepoints are enabled, LoopStripMiningIter must be at least 1 (a safepoint every 1 iteration): setting it to 1
>
> But the G1 specific code sets LoopStripMiningIter to 1000. This change
> makes sure that -XX:+UseCountedLoopSafepoints disables loop strip
> mining.
>
> Roland.

Re: RFR(XS): 8192908: -XX:+UseCountedLoopSafepoints alone doesn't disable strip mining with G1

Vladimir Kozlov
+1

Thanks,
Vladimir

PS: Tobias, please, sponsor it. I have meetings.

On 06.12.2017 17:31, Vladimir Kozlov wrote:
> PS: Tobias, please, sponsor it. I have meetings.

Sure, I'll take care of it.

Best regards,
Tobias