RFR(XS): trivial: JDK-8192866 - [TESTBUG] Move UseAppCDS.java from the closed ProblemList.txt to the open one

RFR(XS): trivial: JDK-8192866 - [TESTBUG] Move UseAppCDS.java from the closed ProblemList.txt to the open one

Mikhailo Seledtsov
Please review this small fix that I consider a trivial change:
http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~mseledtsov/JDK-8192866.00/

I will run the appcds tests, plus tier1.

Thank you,
Misha

Re: RFR(XS): trivial: JDK-8192866 - [TESTBUG] Move UseAppCDS.java from the closed ProblemList.txt to the open one

Calvin Cheung
Looks good.

thanks,
Calvin

On 11/30/17, 6:07 PM, mikhailo wrote:
> Please review this small fix that I consider a trivial change:
> http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~mseledtsov/JDK-8192866.00/
>
> I will run the appcds tests, plus tier1.
>

> Thank you,
> Misha

Re: RFR(XS): trivial: JDK-8192866 - [TESTBUG] Move UseAppCDS.java from the closed ProblemList.txt to the open one

Ship it!

On 1/12/2017 12:07 PM, mikhailo wrote:
> Please review this small fix that I consider a trivial change:
> http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~mseledtsov/JDK-8192866.00/
>
> I will run the appcds tests, plus tier1.
>

> Thank you,
> Misha

Re: RFR(XS): trivial: JDK-8192866 - [TESTBUG] Move UseAppCDS.java from the closed ProblemList.txt to the open one

Volker Simonis
Hi Misha,

the bug you mention in ProblemList.txt (i.e 8165603) is closed.
Can you please make it visible for everybody?

Thanks,
Volker

On Fri, Dec 1, 2017 at 3:07 AM, mikhailo <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Please review this small fix that I consider a trivial change:
> http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~mseledtsov/JDK-8192866.00/
>
> I will run the appcds tests, plus tier1.
>

> Thank you,
> Misha

Re: RFR(XS): trivial: JDK-8192866 - [TESTBUG] Move UseAppCDS.java from the closed ProblemList.txt to the open one

David Holmes
Hi Volker,

On 1/12/2017 6:10 PM, Volker Simonis wrote:
> Hi Misha,
>
> the bug you mention in ProblemList.txt (i.e 8165603) is closed.
> Can you please make it visible for everybody?

Unfortunately not in this case as the bug description contains
information that we must treat as confidential.

The bug is:

runtime/AppCDS/UseAppCDS.java fails with Error. failed to clean up files
after test when running with agentvm

Basically jtreg in agentvm mode tries to delete a file used by the test,
and it gets an error (Windows only) as the file is "in use", because the
test failed to close the file. The fix should be straight-forward
(ensure the file is closed or else run in othervm mode). But due to the
effort involved in getting AppCDS into the Open, fixing this test was
not high priority, and now we're out of time, so it was added to the
ProblemList instead - but it was added to the closed list just before
the test was moved to the open.

On Fri, Dec 1, 2017 at 9:24 AM, David Holmes <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi Volker,
>
> On 1/12/2017 6:10 PM, Volker Simonis wrote:
>>
>> Hi Misha,
>>
>> the bug you mention in ProblemList.txt (i.e 8165603) is closed.
>> Can you please make it visible for everybody?
>

> Unfortunately not in this case as the bug description contains information
> that we must treat as confidential.
>
> The bug is:
>
> runtime/AppCDS/UseAppCDS.java fails with Error. failed to clean up files
> after test when running with agentvm

That's strange. How can a bug about a failure in a public JTreg test
which tests a public feature can contain confidential information?

Nevertheless, thanks a lot for sharing the information.

Regards,
Volker