RFR: jsr166 jdk10 integration wave 1

Martin Buchholz-3
First jdk10 integration

http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~martin/webrevs/openjdk10/jsr166-integration/

Mostly focused on thread pools.

Re: RFR: jsr166 jdk10 integration wave 1

Martin Buchholz-3
Oops.  Martin forgot to check ScheduledExecutorService, and there's some
overlap in specs, which requires some rework.

On Wed, Mar 29, 2017 at 11:43 AM, Martin Buchholz <[hidden email]>
wrote:

> First jdk10 integration
>
> http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~martin/webrevs/openjdk10/jsr166-integration/
>
> Mostly focused on thread pools.

Re: RFR: jsr166 jdk10 integration wave 1

Martin Buchholz-3
OK, this wave is open for review again.

On Wed, Mar 29, 2017 at 12:57 PM, Martin Buchholz <[hidden email]>
wrote:

> Oops.  Martin forgot to check ScheduledExecutorService, and there's some
> overlap in specs, which requires some rework.
>
> On Wed, Mar 29, 2017 at 11:43 AM, Martin Buchholz <[hidden email]>
> wrote:
>
>> First jdk10 integration
>>
>> http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~martin/webrevs/openjdk10/jsr166-integration/
>>
>> Mostly focused on thread pools.

Re: RFR: jsr166 jdk10 integration wave 1

Paul Sandoz

It’s trivial but we probably require a CCC for ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor calling out the NPE for null unit argument values, to clarify pool sizes of TPE, and to clarify that AbortPolicy default handler for TPE *and* STPE. We are not quite there yet with the CCC being open (soon i hope!), so i can create the CCC for you.

Paul.

> On 30 Mar 2017, at 14:38, Martin Buchholz <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> OK, this wave is open for review again.
>
> On Wed, Mar 29, 2017 at 12:57 PM, Martin Buchholz <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Oops.  Martin forgot to check ScheduledExecutorService, and there's some overlap in specs, which requires some rework.
>
> On Wed, Mar 29, 2017 at 11:43 AM, Martin Buchholz <[hidden email]> wrote:
> First jdk10 integration
>
> http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~martin/webrevs/openjdk10/jsr166-integration/
>
> Mostly focused on thread pools.

Re: RFR: jsr166 jdk10 integration wave 1

Martin Buchholz-3
Thanks!

Martin Buchholz-3
Non-thread-pool changes committed while we wait for thread-pool CCC.

Re: RFR: jsr166 jdk10 integration wave 1

Martin Buchholz-3
After a long delay, we are finally ready to try again to get in jsr166
jdk10 integration wave 1.

The set of changes has grown a lot over the past few months (too much?),
and contains the usual hard-to-review tck test improvements.  Our
infrastructure for generating these commits has changed a lot as well, but
reviewers should see little difference.

We now run errorprone over the jsr166 sources occasionally ("ant
errorprone").  This set of commits contains the first annotations to
suppress errorprone warnings, e.g.

+    @SuppressWarnings("FutureReturnValueIgnored")

http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~martin/webrevs/openjdk10/jsr166-integration/

On Mon, Apr 10, 2017 at 2:19 PM, Martin Buchholz <[hidden email]>
wrote:

> Non-thread-pool changes committed while we wait for thread-pool CCC.

Re: RFR: jsr166 jdk10 integration wave 1

Martin Buchholz-3
Finally submitted.