RFR of JDK-8176721: @since value errors java.sql module

Hamlin Li
Would you please review the below patch?

webrev: http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~mli/8176721/webrev.00/

Thank you

-Hamlin

Re: RFR of JDK-8176721: @since value errors java.sql module

Lance Andersen
Hi Hamlin,

The changes for  xxxDataSource for the getXXX/setXXX methods which you marked as @since 9 is not correct. The common methods were placed in CommonDataSource in JDBC 4/JDK 1.6 to make it easier for updates.  Please see https://bugs.openjdk.java.net/browse/JDK-8164061 <https://bugs.openjdk.java.net/browse/JDK-8164061> which Joe Darcy had me make the changes that it references. I think your tool needs to somehow take this into account.

I think the rest of the changes look good but one to make another pass after some coffee :-)

B est
Lance

> On Mar 14, 2017, at 2:40 AM, Hamlin Li <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Would you please review the below patch?
>
> bug: https://bugs.openjdk.java.net/browse/JDK-8176721
>
> webrev: http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~mli/8176721/webrev.00/
>

> Thank you
>
> -Hamlin

 <http://oracle.com/us/design/oracle-email-sig-198324.gif>
 <http://oracle.com/us/design/oracle-email-sig-198324.gif> <http://oracle.com/us/design/oracle-email-sig-198324.gif>
 <http://oracle.com/us/design/oracle-email-sig-198324.gif>Lance Andersen| Principal Member of Technical Staff | +1.781.442.2037
Oracle Java Engineering
1 Network Drive
Burlington, MA 01803
[hidden email] <mailto:[hidden email]>

Re: RFR of JDK-8176721: @since value errors java.sql module

Lance Andersen
Hi Hamlin,

Everything with the exception of the xxxDataSource changes are correct.

Best
Lance

> On Mar 14, 2017, at 7:05 AM, Lance Andersen <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Hi Hamlin,
>
> The changes for  xxxDataSource for the getXXX/setXXX methods which you marked as @since 9 is not correct. The common methods were placed in CommonDataSource in JDBC 4/JDK 1.6 to make it easier for updates.  Please see https://bugs.openjdk.java.net/browse/JDK-8164061 <https://bugs.openjdk.java.net/browse/JDK-8164061> which Joe Darcy had me make the changes that it references. I think your tool needs to somehow take this into account.
>
> I think the rest of the changes look good but one to make another pass after some coffee :-)
>
> B est
> Lance
>

>> On Mar 14, 2017, at 2:40 AM, Hamlin Li <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> Would you please review the below patch?
>>
>> bug: https://bugs.openjdk.java.net/browse/JDK-8176721
>>
>> webrev: http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~mli/8176721/webrev.00/
>>

>> Thank you
>>
>> -Hamlin
>>

> <http://oracle.com/us/design/oracle-email-sig-198324.gif>
> <http://oracle.com/us/design/oracle-email-sig-198324.gif> <http://oracle.com/us/design/oracle-email-sig-198324.gif>
> <http://oracle.com/us/design/oracle-email-sig-198324.gif>Lance Andersen| Principal Member of Technical Staff | +1.781.442.2037
> Oracle Java Engineering
> 1 Network Drive
> Burlington, MA 01803
> [hidden email] <mailto:[hidden email]>

 <http://oracle.com/us/design/oracle-email-sig-198324.gif>
 <http://oracle.com/us/design/oracle-email-sig-198324.gif> <http://oracle.com/us/design/oracle-email-sig-198324.gif>
 <http://oracle.com/us/design/oracle-email-sig-198324.gif>Lance Andersen| Principal Member of Technical Staff | +1.781.442.2037
Oracle Java Engineering
1 Network Drive
Burlington, MA 01803
[hidden email] <mailto:[hidden email]>

Re: RFR of JDK-8176721: @since value errors java.sql module

Hamlin Li
Hi Lance,

Thank you for reviewing, I agree with you, and will adjust the tool's
algorithm to take this into account.

I just reverted the changes for  xxxDataSource for the getXXX/setXXX
methods, and pushed the code.

Thank you

-Hamlin