RFR(s): 8176213: 78 sun/security/krb5/auto tests failing due to undeclared dependecies

RFR(s): 8176213: 78 sun/security/krb5/auto tests failing due to undeclared dependecies

Sergei Kovalev
Hello Team,

Please review small fix for tests.

BugID: https://bugs.openjdk.java.net/browse/JDK-8176213
Webrev: http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~skovalev/8176213/webrev.00

Issue: The tests failing due to undeclared dependencies on
jdk.security.auth and jdk.security.jgss.
Solution: add missed module declaration into TEST.properties file. Two
of tests also required individual dependencies on jdk.httpserver and
jdk.crypto.cryptoki therefore we creating the module declaration section
in each individual test.

--
With best regards,
Sergei

Re: RFR(s): 8176213: 78 sun/security/krb5/auto tests failing due to undeclared dependecies

Weijun Wang
Hi Sergei

Two questions:

1. Can we remove the @modules section in Renew.java so that it uses the
one in TEST.properties?

2. I cannot see why jdk.crypto.cryptoki is necessary for
PrincipalSystemPropTest.java. What is the error?

BTW, can you tell me how to make the test fail? Maybe with some special
jtreg options?

Thanks
Max

On 03/07/2017 12:24 AM, Sergei Kovalev wrote:

> Hello Team,
>
> Please review small fix for tests.
>
> BugID: https://bugs.openjdk.java.net/browse/JDK-8176213
> Webrev: http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~skovalev/8176213/webrev.00
>
> Issue: The tests failing due to undeclared dependencies on
> jdk.security.auth and jdk.security.jgss.
> Solution: add missed module declaration into TEST.properties file. Two
> of tests also required individual dependencies on jdk.httpserver and
> jdk.crypto.cryptoki therefore we creating the module declaration section
> in each individual test.

Re: RFR(s): 8176213: 78 sun/security/krb5/auto tests failing due to undeclared dependecies

Sergei Kovalev
Hi Max,

Thank you for review.

07.03.17 02:15, Weijun Wang wrote:
> Hi Sergei
>
> Two questions:
>
> 1. Can we remove the @modules section in Renew.java so that it uses
> the one in TEST.properties?
We can however TEST.properties contains jdk.security.jgss module
dependency but Renew.java doesn't. If we remove module declaration from
the last one we reduce the number of configuration where the test able
to run. Should I do this?

> 2. I cannot see why jdk.crypto.cryptoki is necessary for
> PrincipalSystemPropTest.java. What is the error?
Thank you for the question. It should be jdk.security.auth instead.

> BTW, can you tell me how to make the test fail? Maybe with some
> special jtreg options?
e.g.:

jtreg -jdk:/usr/home/jdk9_latest -verbose:all
-javaoptions:"--limit-modules
java.base,java.security.jgss,jdk.security.auth"
/usr/home/repos/jdk9-dev/jdk/test/sun/security/krb5/auto/principalProperty/PrincipalSystemPropTest.java

If you get outjdk.security.auth from the module list the test will start
failing.

--
With best regards,
Sergei

On 03/07/2017 05:50 PM, Sergei Kovalev wrote:

> Hi Max,
>
> Thank you for review.
>

> 07.03.17 02:15, Weijun Wang wrote:
>> Hi Sergei
>>
>> Two questions:
>>
>> 1. Can we remove the @modules section in Renew.java so that it uses
>> the one in TEST.properties?
> We can however TEST.properties contains jdk.security.jgss module
> dependency but Renew.java doesn't. If we remove module declaration from
> the last one we reduce the number of configuration where the test able
> to run. Should I do this?

I don't feel uncomfortable using a slightly bigger set.

Do you mean all other tests (without its own @module) are using the
exact modules in TEST.properties? No more and no less?

>> 2. I cannot see why jdk.crypto.cryptoki is necessary for
>> PrincipalSystemPropTest.java. What is the error?
> Thank you for the question. It should be jdk.security.auth instead.
>>
>> BTW, can you tell me how to make the test fail? Maybe with some
>> special jtreg options?
> e.g.:
>
> jtreg -jdk:/usr/home/jdk9_latest -verbose:all
> -javaoptions:"--limit-modules
>
> /usr/home/repos/jdk9-dev/jdk/test/sun/security/krb5/auto/principalProperty/PrincipalSystemPropTest.java
>

> If you get outjdk.security.auth from the module list the test will start
> failing.

I'll try.

Thanks
Max

>> Thanks
>> Max
>>
>> On 03/07/2017 12:24 AM, Sergei Kovalev wrote:
>>> Hello Team,
>>>
>>> Please review small fix for tests.
>>>
>>> BugID: https://bugs.openjdk.java.net/browse/JDK-8176213
>>> Webrev: http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~skovalev/8176213/webrev.00
>>>
>>> Issue: The tests failing due to undeclared dependencies on
>>> jdk.security.auth and jdk.security.jgss.
>>> Solution: add missed module declaration into TEST.properties file. Two
>>> of tests also required individual dependencies on jdk.httpserver and
>>> jdk.crypto.cryptoki therefore we creating the module declaration section
>>> in each individual test.

Re: RFR(s): 8176213: 78 sun/security/krb5/auto tests failing due to undeclared dependecies

Sergei Kovalev
Good point. For same reason I've removed module declaration from
PrincipalSystemPropTest.java. Now it uses TETS.properties config. Please
take a look.

http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~skovalev/8176213/webrev.01/

--
With best regards,
Sergei

Re: RFR(s): 8176213: 78 sun/security/krb5/auto tests failing due to undeclared dependecies

Weijun Wang
Change looks fine.

Do you need me pushing it for you?

Thanks