RFR(s): 8191864: Provide a public destructor for WorkGang

RFR(s): 8191864: Provide a public destructor for WorkGang

Per Liden
Hi,

WorkGang's destructor is currently declared private, meaning a WorkGang
can't be deleted, instantiated as a value or placed on the stack. This
patch adds a public destructor. I also added a protected destructor on
AbstractWorkGang to guard against attempts to delete using a
AbstractWorkGang pointer, which would require a virtual destructor.

Webrev: http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~pliden/8191864/

/Per

Re: RFR(s): 8191864: Provide a public destructor for WorkGang

Stefan Karlsson
Looks good.

StefanK

On 2017-11-24 15:55, Per Liden wrote:

> Hi,
>
> WorkGang's destructor is currently declared private, meaning a WorkGang
> can't be deleted, instantiated as a value or placed on the stack. This
> patch adds a public destructor. I also added a protected destructor on
> AbstractWorkGang to guard against attempts to delete using a
> AbstractWorkGang pointer, which would require a virtual destructor.
>
> Webrev: http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~pliden/8191864/
>
> /Per

Re: RFR(s): 8191864: Provide a public destructor for WorkGang

Stefan Johansson

On 2017-11-27 13:00, Stefan Karlsson wrote:
> Looks good.

+1
StefanJ

> StefanK
>
> On 2017-11-24 15:55, Per Liden wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> WorkGang's destructor is currently declared private, meaning a
>> WorkGang can't be deleted, instantiated as a value or placed on the
>> stack. This patch adds a public destructor. I also added a protected
>> destructor on AbstractWorkGang to guard against attempts to delete
>> using a AbstractWorkGang pointer, which would require a virtual
>> destructor.
>>
>> Webrev: http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~pliden/8191864/
>>
>> /Per

Re: RFR(s): 8191864: Provide a public destructor for WorkGang

Per Liden
Thanks Stefan & Stefan!

/Per