Quantcast

Re: 8174823: Module system implementation refresh (3/2017)

Re: 8174823: Module system implementation refresh (3/2017)

Erik Joelsson
(adding build-dev)

Build changes look good to me.

/Erik

On 2017-03-21 22:42, Alan Bateman wrote:

> We have been accumulating changes in the jake forest for the last few
> weeks to align with the proposals in JSR 376 and also to pick up API
> changes and bug fixes. It's time to bring these changes into jdk9/dev.
> The issue to bring these changes into jdk9/dev in bulk has been
> approved via the FC extension process (still in use during JDK 9 RDP2).
>
> A summary of the main changes is listed in JDK-8174823 [1], and the
> webrevs with the changes to bring to jdk9/dev are here:
>    http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~alanb/8174823/1/
>
> The changes are currently based on jdk-9+161 and will be rebased
> before pushing.
>
> -Alan

Re: 8174823: Module system implementation refresh (3/2017)

Magnus Ihse Bursie
What is the REQUIRED_OS_NAME used for, and should it not be "macOS"
instead of "Mac OS X" nowadays?

/Magnus

On 2017-03-22 12:30, Erik Joelsson wrote:

> (adding build-dev)
>
> Build changes look good to me.
>
> /Erik
>

> On 2017-03-21 22:42, Alan Bateman wrote:
>> We have been accumulating changes in the jake forest for the last few
>> weeks to align with the proposals in JSR 376 and also to pick up API
>> changes and bug fixes. It's time to bring these changes into
>> jdk9/dev. The issue to bring these changes into jdk9/dev in bulk has
>> been approved via the FC extension process (still in use during JDK 9
>> RDP2).
>>
>> A summary of the main changes is listed in JDK-8174823 [1], and the
>> webrevs with the changes to bring to jdk9/dev are here:
>>    http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~alanb/8174823/1/
>>
>> The changes are currently based on jdk-9+161 and will be rebased
>> before pushing.
>>
>> -Alan
>>
>> [1] https://bugs.openjdk.java.net/browse/JDK-8174823

Re: 8174823: Module system implementation refresh (3/2017)

Mandy Chung
REQUIRED_OS_NAME was used as OS_NAME in `release` file.  Previously it was “Darwin” which is inconsistent with the value of “os.name” system property (“Mac OS X”).

This change made OS_NAME to contain the same value as “os.name” system property.

Mandy

> On Mar 23, 2017, at 2:51 PM, Magnus Ihse Bursie <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> What is the REQUIRED_OS_NAME used for, and should it not be "macOS" instead of "Mac OS X" nowadays?
>
> /Magnus
>
> On 2017-03-22 12:30, Erik Joelsson wrote:
>> (adding build-dev)
>>
>> Build changes look good to me.
>>
>> /Erik
>>

>> On 2017-03-21 22:42, Alan Bateman wrote:
>>> We have been accumulating changes in the jake forest for the last few weeks to align with the proposals in JSR 376 and also to pick up API changes and bug fixes. It's time to bring these changes into jdk9/dev. The issue to bring these changes into jdk9/dev in bulk has been approved via the FC extension process (still in use during JDK 9 RDP2).
>>>
>>> A summary of the main changes is listed in JDK-8174823 [1], and the webrevs with the changes to bring to jdk9/dev are here:
>>>   http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~alanb/8174823/1/
>>>
>>> The changes are currently based on jdk-9+161 and will be rebased before pushing.
>>>
>>> -Alan
>>>
>>> [1] https://bugs.openjdk.java.net/browse/JDK-8174823

Re: 8174823: Module system implementation refresh (3/2017)

Alan Bateman

On 23/03/2017 22:24, Mandy Chung wrote:
> REQUIRED_OS_NAME was used as OS_NAME in `release` file.  Previously it was “Darwin” which is inconsistent with the value of “os.name” system property (“Mac OS X”).
>
> This change made OS_NAME to contain the same value as “os.name” system property.
Right, and before Magus asks, we can't change the os.name value of
"macOS" because it would likely break some tools and libraries (several
JDK tests too).

-Alan

Re: 8174823: Module system implementation refresh (3/2017)

Magnus Ihse Bursie
Alright. Thanks for the answers.

I'm happy with the build system changes.

/Magnus