Re: CFV: New Project: JDK

Volker Simonis
Vote: yes

On Tue, Sep 26, 2017 at 3:45 PM,  <[hidden email]> wrote:

> I hereby propose the creation of the JDK Project, with me as the Lead and
> the Governing Board as the sponsoring Group.
>
> The goal of this Project will be to produce open-source reference
> implementations of the Java SE Platform, to be specified by JSRs in the
> Java Community Process.  Unlike past JDK Release Projects, which produced
> just one feature release and then terminated, this long-running Project
> will produce all future JDK feature releases.  Per my recent proposal
> [1][2] to accelerate the release cadence of the Java SE Platform and the
> JDK, this Project will ship a feature release every six months according
> to a strict, time-based model.
>
> The Project's repositories will be initialized from those of the JDK 10
> Project, and that Project will terminate.  Features for the release will
> be proposed and tracked via the JEP Process [3], as usual.
>
> The Authors, Committers, and Reviewers of this Project will initially be
> those of the JDK 10 Project [4].  I expect the first items of discussion
> amongst these contributors to include the schedule for the March 2018
> release and the version-string scheme.
>
> Votes are due by 17:00 UTC on Tuesday, 10 October [5].
>
> Only current OpenJDK Members [6] are eligible to vote on this motion.
> Votes must be cast in the open on the discuss list.  Replying to this
> message is sufficient if your mail program honors the Reply-To header.
>
> For Lazy Consensus voting instructions, see [7].
>
> - Mark
>

> [1] https://mreinhold.org/blog/forward-faster
> [2] http://mail.openjdk.java.net/pipermail/discuss/2017-September/004281.html
> [3] http://openjdk.java.net/jeps
> [4] http://openjdk.java.net/census#jdk10
> [5] http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?msg=OpenJDK+JDK+Project+CFV&iso=20171010T1700
> [6] http://openjdk.java.net/census#members
> [7] http://openjdk.java.net/projects/#new-project-vote

Re: CFV: New Project: JDK

Seán Coffey
Vote: yes

regards,
Sean.

On 26/09/2017 14:45, [hidden email] wrote:

> I hereby propose the creation of the JDK Project, with me as the Lead and
> the Governing Board as the sponsoring Group.
>
> The goal of this Project will be to produce open-source reference
> implementations of the Java SE Platform, to be specified by JSRs in the
> Java Community Process.  Unlike past JDK Release Projects, which produced
> just one feature release and then terminated, this long-running Project
> will produce all future JDK feature releases.  Per my recent proposal
> [1][2] to accelerate the release cadence of the Java SE Platform and the
> JDK, this Project will ship a feature release every six months according
> to a strict, time-based model.
>
> The Project's repositories will be initialized from those of the JDK 10
> Project, and that Project will terminate.  Features for the release will
> be proposed and tracked via the JEP Process [3], as usual.
>
> The Authors, Committers, and Reviewers of this Project will initially be
> those of the JDK 10 Project [4].  I expect the first items of discussion
> amongst these contributors to include the schedule for the March 2018
> release and the version-string scheme.
>
> Votes are due by 17:00 UTC on Tuesday, 10 October [5].
>
> Only current OpenJDK Members [6] are eligible to vote on this motion.
> Votes must be cast in the open on the discuss list.  Replying to this
> message is sufficient if your mail program honors the Reply-To header.
>
> For Lazy Consensus voting instructions, see [7].
>
> - Mark
>

> [1] https://mreinhold.org/blog/forward-faster
> [2] http://mail.openjdk.java.net/pipermail/discuss/2017-September/004281.html
> [3] http://openjdk.java.net/jeps
> [4] http://openjdk.java.net/census#jdk10
> [5] http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?msg=OpenJDK+JDK+Project+CFV&iso=20171010T1700
> [6] http://openjdk.java.net/census#members
> [7] http://openjdk.java.net/projects/#new-project-vote

Re: CFV: New Project: JDK

Maurizio Cimadamore
Vote: yes

Maurizio

On 26/09/17 14:45, [hidden email] wrote:

> I hereby propose the creation of the JDK Project, with me as the Lead and
> the Governing Board as the sponsoring Group.
>
> The goal of this Project will be to produce open-source reference
> implementations of the Java SE Platform, to be specified by JSRs in the
> Java Community Process.  Unlike past JDK Release Projects, which produced
> just one feature release and then terminated, this long-running Project
> will produce all future JDK feature releases.  Per my recent proposal
> [1][2] to accelerate the release cadence of the Java SE Platform and the
> JDK, this Project will ship a feature release every six months according
> to a strict, time-based model.
>
> The Project's repositories will be initialized from those of the JDK 10
> Project, and that Project will terminate.  Features for the release will
> be proposed and tracked via the JEP Process [3], as usual.
>
> The Authors, Committers, and Reviewers of this Project will initially be
> those of the JDK 10 Project [4].  I expect the first items of discussion
> amongst these contributors to include the schedule for the March 2018
> release and the version-string scheme.
>
> Votes are due by 17:00 UTC on Tuesday, 10 October [5].
>
> Only current OpenJDK Members [6] are eligible to vote on this motion.
> Votes must be cast in the open on the discuss list.  Replying to this
> message is sufficient if your mail program honors the Reply-To header.
>
> For Lazy Consensus voting instructions, see [7].
>
> - Mark
>

> [1] https://mreinhold.org/blog/forward-faster
> [2] http://mail.openjdk.java.net/pipermail/discuss/2017-September/004281.html
> [3] http://openjdk.java.net/jeps
> [4] http://openjdk.java.net/census#jdk10
> [5] http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?msg=OpenJDK+JDK+Project+CFV&iso=20171010T1700
> [6] http://openjdk.java.net/census#members
> [7] http://openjdk.java.net/projects/#new-project-vote

Re: CFV: New Project: JDK

Brian Goetz-2
Vote: yes

Sent from my iPad

> On Sep 26, 2017, at 7:10 AM, Maurizio Cimadamore <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Vote: yes
>
> Maurizio
>

>> On 26/09/17 14:45, [hidden email] wrote:
>> I hereby propose the creation of the JDK Project, with me as the Lead and
>> the Governing Board as the sponsoring Group.
>>
>> The goal of this Project will be to produce open-source reference
>> implementations of the Java SE Platform, to be specified by JSRs in the
>> Java Community Process.  Unlike past JDK Release Projects, which produced
>> just one feature release and then terminated, this long-running Project
>> will produce all future JDK feature releases.  Per my recent proposal
>> [1][2] to accelerate the release cadence of the Java SE Platform and the
>> JDK, this Project will ship a feature release every six months according
>> to a strict, time-based model.
>>
>> The Project's repositories will be initialized from those of the JDK 10
>> Project, and that Project will terminate.  Features for the release will
>> be proposed and tracked via the JEP Process [3], as usual.
>>
>> The Authors, Committers, and Reviewers of this Project will initially be
>> those of the JDK 10 Project [4].  I expect the first items of discussion
>> amongst these contributors to include the schedule for the March 2018
>> release and the version-string scheme.
>>
>> Votes are due by 17:00 UTC on Tuesday, 10 October [5].
>>
>> Only current OpenJDK Members [6] are eligible to vote on this motion.
>> Votes must be cast in the open on the discuss list.  Replying to this
>> message is sufficient if your mail program honors the Reply-To header.
>>
>> For Lazy Consensus voting instructions, see [7].
>>
>> - Mark
>>

>> [1] https://mreinhold.org/blog/forward-faster
>> [2] http://mail.openjdk.java.net/pipermail/discuss/2017-September/004281.html
>> [3] http://openjdk.java.net/jeps
>> [4] http://openjdk.java.net/census#jdk10
>> [5] http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?msg=OpenJDK+JDK+Project+CFV&iso=20171010T1700
>> [6] http://openjdk.java.net/census#members
>> [7] http://openjdk.java.net/projects/#new-project-vote

Re: CFV: New Project: JDK

Alan Bateman
Vote: yes

Re: CFV: New Project: JDK

Weijun Wang
Vote: yes.

--Weijun

> On Sep 26, 2017, at 9:45 PM, [hidden email] wrote:
>
> I hereby propose the creation of the JDK Project, with me as the Lead and
> the Governing Board as the sponsoring Group.

Re: CFV: New Project: JDK

Jim Laskey (Oracle)
Vote: yes

> On Sep 26, 2017, at 10:45 AM, [hidden email] wrote:
>
> I hereby propose the creation of the JDK Project, with me as the Lead and
> the Governing Board as the sponsoring Group.
>
> The goal of this Project will be to produce open-source reference
> implementations of the Java SE Platform, to be specified by JSRs in the
> Java Community Process.  Unlike past JDK Release Projects, which produced
> just one feature release and then terminated, this long-running Project
> will produce all future JDK feature releases.  Per my recent proposal
> [1][2] to accelerate the release cadence of the Java SE Platform and the
> JDK, this Project will ship a feature release every six months according
> to a strict, time-based model.
>
> The Project's repositories will be initialized from those of the JDK 10
> Project, and that Project will terminate.  Features for the release will
> be proposed and tracked via the JEP Process [3], as usual.
>
> The Authors, Committers, and Reviewers of this Project will initially be
> those of the JDK 10 Project [4].  I expect the first items of discussion
> amongst these contributors to include the schedule for the March 2018
> release and the version-string scheme.
>
> Votes are due by 17:00 UTC on Tuesday, 10 October [5].
>
> Only current OpenJDK Members [6] are eligible to vote on this motion.
> Votes must be cast in the open on the discuss list.  Replying to this
> message is sufficient if your mail program honors the Reply-To header.
>
> For Lazy Consensus voting instructions, see [7].
>
> - Mark
>

> [1] https://mreinhold.org/blog/forward-faster
> [2] http://mail.openjdk.java.net/pipermail/discuss/2017-September/004281.html
> [3] http://openjdk.java.net/jeps
> [4] http://openjdk.java.net/census#jdk10
> [5] http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?msg=OpenJDK+JDK+Project+CFV&iso=20171010T1700
> [6] http://openjdk.java.net/census#members
> [7] http://openjdk.java.net/projects/#new-project-vote

Re: CFV: New Project: JDK

dalibor topic-2
Vote: Yes.

--
<http://www.oracle.com> Dalibor Topic | Principal Product Manager
Phone: +494089091214<tel:+494089091214> | Mobile: +491737185961

ORACLE Deutschland B.V. & Co. KG | Kühnehöfe 5 | 22761 Hamburg

ORACLE Deutschland B.V. & Co. KG

<http://www.oracle.com/commitment> Oracle is committed to developing
practices and products that help protect the environment

> On 26. Sep 2017, at 15:45, [hidden email] wrote:
>
> I hereby propose the creation of the JDK Project, with me as the Lead and
> the Governing Board as the sponsoring Group.
>
> The goal of this Project will be to produce open-source reference
> implementations of the Java SE Platform, to be specified by JSRs in the
> Java Community Process.  Unlike past JDK Release Projects, which produced
> just one feature release and then terminated, this long-running Project
> will produce all future JDK feature releases.  Per my recent proposal
> [1][2] to accelerate the release cadence of the Java SE Platform and the
> JDK, this Project will ship a feature release every six months according
> to a strict, time-based model.
>
> The Project's repositories will be initialized from those of the JDK 10
> Project, and that Project will terminate.  Features for the release will
> be proposed and tracked via the JEP Process [3], as usual.
>
> The Authors, Committers, and Reviewers of this Project will initially be
> those of the JDK 10 Project [4].  I expect the first items of discussion
> amongst these contributors to include the schedule for the March 2018
> release and the version-string scheme.
>
> Votes are due by 17:00 UTC on Tuesday, 10 October [5].
>
> Only current OpenJDK Members [6] are eligible to vote on this motion.
> Votes must be cast in the open on the discuss list.  Replying to this
> message is sufficient if your mail program honors the Reply-To header.
>
> For Lazy Consensus voting instructions, see [7].
>
> - Mark
>

> [1] https://mreinhold.org/blog/forward-faster
> [2] http://mail.openjdk.java.net/pipermail/discuss/2017-September/004281.html
> [3] http://openjdk.java.net/jeps
> [4] http://openjdk.java.net/census#jdk10
> [5] http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?msg=OpenJDK+JDK+Project+CFV&iso=20171010T1700
> [6] http://openjdk.java.net/census#members
> [7] http://openjdk.java.net/projects/#new-project-vote

Re: CFV: New Project: JDK

David Grieve
Vote: Yes

On 9/26/17 9:45 AM, [hidden email] wrote:

> I hereby propose the creation of the JDK Project, with me as the Lead and
> the Governing Board as the sponsoring Group.
>
> The goal of this Project will be to produce open-source reference
> implementations of the Java SE Platform, to be specified by JSRs in the
> Java Community Process.  Unlike past JDK Release Projects, which produced
> just one feature release and then terminated, this long-running Project
> will produce all future JDK feature releases.  Per my recent proposal
> [1][2] to accelerate the release cadence of the Java SE Platform and the
> JDK, this Project will ship a feature release every six months according
> to a strict, time-based model.
>
> The Project's repositories will be initialized from those of the JDK 10
> Project, and that Project will terminate.  Features for the release will
> be proposed and tracked via the JEP Process [3], as usual.
>
> The Authors, Committers, and Reviewers of this Project will initially be
> those of the JDK 10 Project [4].  I expect the first items of discussion
> amongst these contributors to include the schedule for the March 2018
> release and the version-string scheme.
>
> Votes are due by 17:00 UTC on Tuesday, 10 October [5].
>
> Only current OpenJDK Members [6] are eligible to vote on this motion.
> Votes must be cast in the open on the discuss list.  Replying to this
> message is sufficient if your mail program honors the Reply-To header.
>
> For Lazy Consensus voting instructions, see [7].
>
> - Mark
>

> [1] https://mreinhold.org/blog/forward-faster
> [2] http://mail.openjdk.java.net/pipermail/discuss/2017-September/004281.html
> [3] http://openjdk.java.net/jeps
> [4] http://openjdk.java.net/census#jdk10
> [5] http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?msg=OpenJDK+JDK+Project+CFV&iso=20171010T1700
> [6] http://openjdk.java.net/census#members
> [7] http://openjdk.java.net/projects/#new-project-vote

Re: CFV: New Project: JDK

Mario Torre-5
Vote: Yes,

Cheers,
Mario

> I hereby propose the creation of the JDK Project, with me as the Lead and
> the Governing Board as the sponsoring Group.
>
> The goal of this Project will be to produce open-source reference
> implementations of the Java SE Platform, to be specified by JSRs in the
> Java Community Process.  Unlike past JDK Release Projects, which produced
> just one feature release and then terminated, this long-running Project
> will produce all future JDK feature releases.  Per my recent proposal
> [1][2] to accelerate the release cadence of the Java SE Platform and the
> JDK, this Project will ship a feature release every six months according
> to a strict, time-based model.
>
> The Project's repositories will be initialized from those of the JDK 10
> Project, and that Project will terminate.  Features for the release will
> be proposed and tracked via the JEP Process [3], as usual.
>
> The Authors, Committers, and Reviewers of this Project will initially be
> those of the JDK 10 Project [4].  I expect the first items of discussion
> amongst these contributors to include the schedule for the March 2018
> release and the version-string scheme.
>
> Votes are due by 17:00 UTC on Tuesday, 10 October [5].
>
> Only current OpenJDK Members [6] are eligible to vote on this motion.
> Votes must be cast in the open on the discuss list.  Replying to this
> message is sufficient if your mail program honors the Reply-To header.
>
> For Lazy Consensus voting instructions, see [7].
>
> - Mark
>

> [1] https://mreinhold.org/blog/forward-faster
> [2] http://mail.openjdk.java.net/pipermail/discuss/2017-September/004281.html
> [3] http://openjdk.java.net/jeps
> [4] http://openjdk.java.net/census#jdk10
> [5] http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?msg=OpenJDK+JDK+Project+CFV&iso=20171010T1700
> [6] http://openjdk.java.net/census#members
> [7] http://openjdk.java.net/projects/#new-project-vote

--
pgp key: http://subkeys.pgp.net/ PGP Key ID: 80F240CF
Fingerprint: BA39 9666 94EC 8B73 27FA  FC7C 4086 63E3 80F2 40CF

Java Champion - Blog: http://neugens.wordpress.com - Twitter: @neugens
Proud GNU Classpath developer: http://www.classpath.org/
OpenJDK: http://openjdk.java.net/projects/caciocavallo/

Please, support open standards:
http://endsoftpatents.org/

Re: CFV: New Project: JDK

Mandy Chung
Vote: Yes

Mandy

On 9/26/17 6:45 AM, [hidden email] wrote:

> I hereby propose the creation of the JDK Project, with me as the Lead and
> the Governing Board as the sponsoring Group.
>
> The goal of this Project will be to produce open-source reference
> implementations of the Java SE Platform, to be specified by JSRs in the
> Java Community Process.  Unlike past JDK Release Projects, which produced
> just one feature release and then terminated, this long-running Project
> will produce all future JDK feature releases.  Per my recent proposal
> [1][2] to accelerate the release cadence of the Java SE Platform and the
> JDK, this Project will ship a feature release every six months according
> to a strict, time-based model.
>
> The Project's repositories will be initialized from those of the JDK 10
> Project, and that Project will terminate.  Features for the release will
> be proposed and tracked via the JEP Process [3], as usual.
>
> The Authors, Committers, and Reviewers of this Project will initially be
> those of the JDK 10 Project [4].  I expect the first items of discussion
> amongst these contributors to include the schedule for the March 2018
> release and the version-string scheme.
>
> Votes are due by 17:00 UTC on Tuesday, 10 October [5].
>
> Only current OpenJDK Members [6] are eligible to vote on this motion.
> Votes must be cast in the open on the discuss list.  Replying to this
> message is sufficient if your mail program honors the Reply-To header.
>
> For Lazy Consensus voting instructions, see [7].
>
> - Mark
>

> [1] https://mreinhold.org/blog/forward-faster
> [2] http://mail.openjdk.java.net/pipermail/discuss/2017-September/004281.html
> [3] http://openjdk.java.net/jeps
> [4] http://openjdk.java.net/census#jdk10
> [5] http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?msg=OpenJDK+JDK+Project+CFV&iso=20171010T1700
> [6] http://openjdk.java.net/census#members
> [7] http://openjdk.java.net/projects/#new-project-vote

Re: CFV: New Project: JDK

Andrew Dinn
Vote: yes

> On Tue, Sep 26, 2017 at 3:45 PM,  <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> I hereby propose the creation of the JDK Project, with me as the Lead and
>> the Governing Board as the sponsoring Group.
>>
>> The goal of this Project will be to produce open-source reference
>> implementations of the Java SE Platform, to be specified by JSRs in the
>> Java Community Process.  Unlike past JDK Release Projects, which produced
>> just one feature release and then terminated, this long-running Project
>> will produce all future JDK feature releases.  Per my recent proposal
>> [1][2] to accelerate the release cadence of the Java SE Platform and the
>> JDK, this Project will ship a feature release every six months according
>> to a strict, time-based model.
>>
>> The Project's repositories will be initialized from those of the JDK 10
>> Project, and that Project will terminate.  Features for the release will
>> be proposed and tracked via the JEP Process [3], as usual.
>>
>> The Authors, Committers, and Reviewers of this Project will initially be
>> those of the JDK 10 Project [4].  I expect the first items of discussion
>> amongst these contributors to include the schedule for the March 2018
>> release and the version-string scheme.
>>
>> Votes are due by 17:00 UTC on Tuesday, 10 October [5].
>>
>> Only current OpenJDK Members [6] are eligible to vote on this motion.
>> Votes must be cast in the open on the discuss list.  Replying to this
>> message is sufficient if your mail program honors the Reply-To header.
>>
>> For Lazy Consensus voting instructions, see [7].
>>
>> - Mark
>>

>> [1] https://mreinhold.org/blog/forward-faster
>> [2] http://mail.openjdk.java.net/pipermail/discuss/2017-September/004281.html
>> [3] http://openjdk.java.net/jeps
>> [4] http://openjdk.java.net/census#jdk10
>> [5] http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?msg=OpenJDK+JDK+Project+CFV&iso=20171010T1700
>> [6] http://openjdk.java.net/census#members
>> [7] http://openjdk.java.net/projects/#new-project-vote

regards,

Andrew Dinn
-----------
Senior Principal Software Engineer
Red Hat UK Ltd

Re: CFV: New Project: JDK

Deepak Bhole
Vote: yes

* [hidden email] <[hidden email]> [2017-09-26 09:46]:

> I hereby propose the creation of the JDK Project, with me as the Lead and
> the Governing Board as the sponsoring Group.
>
> The goal of this Project will be to produce open-source reference
> implementations of the Java SE Platform, to be specified by JSRs in the
> Java Community Process.  Unlike past JDK Release Projects, which produced
> just one feature release and then terminated, this long-running Project
> will produce all future JDK feature releases.  Per my recent proposal
> [1][2] to accelerate the release cadence of the Java SE Platform and the
> JDK, this Project will ship a feature release every six months according
> to a strict, time-based model.
>
> The Project's repositories will be initialized from those of the JDK 10
> Project, and that Project will terminate.  Features for the release will
> be proposed and tracked via the JEP Process [3], as usual.
>
> The Authors, Committers, and Reviewers of this Project will initially be
> those of the JDK 10 Project [4].  I expect the first items of discussion
> amongst these contributors to include the schedule for the March 2018
> release and the version-string scheme.
>
> Votes are due by 17:00 UTC on Tuesday, 10 October [5].
>
> Only current OpenJDK Members [6] are eligible to vote on this motion.
> Votes must be cast in the open on the discuss list.  Replying to this
> message is sufficient if your mail program honors the Reply-To header.
>
> For Lazy Consensus voting instructions, see [7].
>
> - Mark
>

> [1] https://mreinhold.org/blog/forward-faster
> [2] http://mail.openjdk.java.net/pipermail/discuss/2017-September/004281.html
> [3] http://openjdk.java.net/jeps
> [4] http://openjdk.java.net/census#jdk10
> [5] http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?msg=OpenJDK+JDK+Project+CFV&iso=20171010T1700
> [6] http://openjdk.java.net/census#members
> [7] http://openjdk.java.net/projects/#new-project-vote

Re: CFV: New Project: JDK

Joseph D. Darcy
Vote: yes

-Joe

Re: CFV: New Project: JDK

Roman Kennke-2
Vote: yes

> I hereby propose the creation of the JDK Project, with me as the Lead and
> the Governing Board as the sponsoring Group.
>
> The goal of this Project will be to produce open-source reference
> implementations of the Java SE Platform, to be specified by JSRs in the
> Java Community Process.  Unlike past JDK Release Projects, which produced
> just one feature release and then terminated, this long-running Project
> will produce all future JDK feature releases.  Per my recent proposal
> [1][2] to accelerate the release cadence of the Java SE Platform and the
> JDK, this Project will ship a feature release every six months according
> to a strict, time-based model.
>
> The Project's repositories will be initialized from those of the JDK 10
> Project, and that Project will terminate.  Features for the release will
> be proposed and tracked via the JEP Process [3], as usual.
>
> The Authors, Committers, and Reviewers of this Project will initially be
> those of the JDK 10 Project [4].  I expect the first items of discussion
> amongst these contributors to include the schedule for the March 2018
> release and the version-string scheme.
>
> Votes are due by 17:00 UTC on Tuesday, 10 October [5].
>
> Only current OpenJDK Members [6] are eligible to vote on this motion.
> Votes must be cast in the open on the discuss list.  Replying to this
> message is sufficient if your mail program honors the Reply-To header.
>
> For Lazy Consensus voting instructions, see [7].
>
> - Mark
>

> [1] https://mreinhold.org/blog/forward-faster
> [2] http://mail.openjdk.java.net/pipermail/discuss/2017-September/004281.html
> [3] http://openjdk.java.net/jeps
> [4] http://openjdk.java.net/census#jdk10
> [5] http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?msg=OpenJDK+JDK+Project+CFV&iso=20171010T1700
> [6] http://openjdk.java.net/census#members
> [7] http://openjdk.java.net/projects/#new-project-vote

Re: CFV: New Project: JDK

Vladimir Kozlov
Vote: yes

On 9/26/17 6:45 AM, [hidden email] wrote:

> I hereby propose the creation of the JDK Project, with me as the Lead and
> the Governing Board as the sponsoring Group.
>
> The goal of this Project will be to produce open-source reference
> implementations of the Java SE Platform, to be specified by JSRs in the
> Java Community Process.  Unlike past JDK Release Projects, which produced
> just one feature release and then terminated, this long-running Project
> will produce all future JDK feature releases.  Per my recent proposal
> [1][2] to accelerate the release cadence of the Java SE Platform and the
> JDK, this Project will ship a feature release every six months according
> to a strict, time-based model.
>
> The Project's repositories will be initialized from those of the JDK 10
> Project, and that Project will terminate.  Features for the release will
> be proposed and tracked via the JEP Process [3], as usual.
>
> The Authors, Committers, and Reviewers of this Project will initially be
> those of the JDK 10 Project [4].  I expect the first items of discussion
> amongst these contributors to include the schedule for the March 2018
> release and the version-string scheme.
>
> Votes are due by 17:00 UTC on Tuesday, 10 October [5].
>
> Only current OpenJDK Members [6] are eligible to vote on this motion.
> Votes must be cast in the open on the discuss list.  Replying to this
> message is sufficient if your mail program honors the Reply-To header.
>
> For Lazy Consensus voting instructions, see [7].
>
> - Mark
>

> [1] https://mreinhold.org/blog/forward-faster
> [2] http://mail.openjdk.java.net/pipermail/discuss/2017-September/004281.html
> [3] http://openjdk.java.net/jeps
> [4] http://openjdk.java.net/census#jdk10
> [5] http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?msg=OpenJDK+JDK+Project+CFV&iso=20171010T1700
> [6] http://openjdk.java.net/census#members
> [7] http://openjdk.java.net/projects/#new-project-vote

Re: CFV: New Project: JDK

John Rose-3
Vote: yes

Re: CFV: New Project: JDK

roger riggs
Vote: Yes

> I hereby propose the creation of the JDK Project, with me as the Lead and
> the Governing Board as the sponsoring Group.

Re: CFV: New Project: JDK

Stefan Karlsson
Vote: yes

StefanK

On 2017-09-26 15:45, [hidden email] wrote:

> I hereby propose the creation of the JDK Project, with me as the Lead and
> the Governing Board as the sponsoring Group.
>
> The goal of this Project will be to produce open-source reference
> implementations of the Java SE Platform, to be specified by JSRs in the
> Java Community Process.  Unlike past JDK Release Projects, which produced
> just one feature release and then terminated, this long-running Project
> will produce all future JDK feature releases.  Per my recent proposal
> [1][2] to accelerate the release cadence of the Java SE Platform and the
> JDK, this Project will ship a feature release every six months according
> to a strict, time-based model.
>
> The Project's repositories will be initialized from those of the JDK 10
> Project, and that Project will terminate.  Features for the release will
> be proposed and tracked via the JEP Process [3], as usual.
>
> The Authors, Committers, and Reviewers of this Project will initially be
> those of the JDK 10 Project [4].  I expect the first items of discussion
> amongst these contributors to include the schedule for the March 2018
> release and the version-string scheme.
>
> Votes are due by 17:00 UTC on Tuesday, 10 October [5].
>
> Only current OpenJDK Members [6] are eligible to vote on this motion.
> Votes must be cast in the open on the discuss list.  Replying to this
> message is sufficient if your mail program honors the Reply-To header.
>
> For Lazy Consensus voting instructions, see [7].
>
> - Mark
>

> [1] https://mreinhold.org/blog/forward-faster
> [2] http://mail.openjdk.java.net/pipermail/discuss/2017-September/004281.html
> [3] http://openjdk.java.net/jeps
> [4] http://openjdk.java.net/census#jdk10
> [5] http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?msg=OpenJDK+JDK+Project+CFV&iso=20171010T1700
> [6] http://openjdk.java.net/census#members
> [7] http://openjdk.java.net/projects/#new-project-vote

Re: CFV: New Project: JDK

Lance Andersen
vote: yes

> On Sep 26, 2017, at 9:45 AM, [hidden email] wrote:
>
> I hereby propose the creation of the JDK Project, with me as the Lead and
> the Governing Board as the sponsoring Group.
>
> The goal of this Project will be to produce open-source reference
> implementations of the Java SE Platform, to be specified by JSRs in the
> Java Community Process.  Unlike past JDK Release Projects, which produced
> just one feature release and then terminated, this long-running Project
> will produce all future JDK feature releases.  Per my recent proposal
> [1][2] to accelerate the release cadence of the Java SE Platform and the
> JDK, this Project will ship a feature release every six months according
> to a strict, time-based model.
>
> The Project's repositories will be initialized from those of the JDK 10
> Project, and that Project will terminate.  Features for the release will
> be proposed and tracked via the JEP Process [3], as usual.
>
> The Authors, Committers, and Reviewers of this Project will initially be
> those of the JDK 10 Project [4].  I expect the first items of discussion
> amongst these contributors to include the schedule for the March 2018
> release and the version-string scheme.
>
> Votes are due by 17:00 UTC on Tuesday, 10 October [5].
>
> Only current OpenJDK Members [6] are eligible to vote on this motion.
> Votes must be cast in the open on the discuss list.  Replying to this
> message is sufficient if your mail program honors the Reply-To header.
>
> For Lazy Consensus voting instructions, see [7].
>
> - Mark
>

> [1] https://mreinhold.org/blog/forward-faster
> [2] http://mail.openjdk.java.net/pipermail/discuss/2017-September/004281.html
> [3] http://openjdk.java.net/jeps