Re: CFV: New Project: Loom

John Rose-3
Vote: yes!

Re: CFV: New Project: Loom

Vladimir Kozlov
Vote: yes

On 10/27/17 12:28 PM, Ron Pressler wrote:

> I hereby propose the creation of Project Loom with myself as the Lead and the
> HotSpot Group as the sponsoring Group.
>
> In accordance with the OpenJDK guidelines [1], this project will provide a
> venue to explore and incubate Java VM features and APIs built on top of them
> for the implementation of lightweight user-mode threads (fibers), delimited
> continuations (of some form), and related features, such as explicit
> tail-call [2].
>
> The initial Reviewers and Committers will be:
>
> * John Rose
> * Karen Kinnear
> * Alan Bateman
> * Brian Goetz
> * Mark Reinhold
> * Ron Pressler
> * Paul Sandoz
> * Frederic Parain
> * Erik Duveblad
> * Vladimir Ivanov
>
> The initial source of this project will be a clone of a JDK 10 repository.
> Changes from the JDK 10 parent will be synced into Loom periodically. Similar
> to Project Valhalla, we will follow a "commit first, review later" policy, as
> code will not flow directly from the Loom repositories into the JDK
> repositories, but instead will be done by a "curated merge" where select
> changes are extracted into new changesets for incorporation into JDK
> repositories when they are ready for inclusion.
>
> Votes are due by by the end of November 10, 2017 (UTC).
>
> Only current OpenJDK Members [3] are eligible to vote on this
> motion. Votes must be cast in the open on the discuss list.
> Replying to this message is sufficient if your mail program
> honors the Reply-To header.
>
> For Lazy Consensus voting instructions, see [4].
>
> Ron Pressler
>
> [1] http://openjdk.java.net/projects/#new-project
> [2] http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~rpressler/loom/Loom-Proposal.html
> [3] http://openjdk.java.net/census#members
> [4] http://openjdk.java.net/projects/#new-project-vote

Re: CFV: New Project: Loom

Mandy Chung
Vote: yes

Mandy

Re: CFV: New Project: Loom

Stefan Karlsson
Vote: yes

StefanK

On 2017-10-27 21:28, Ron Pressler wrote:

> I hereby propose the creation of Project Loom with myself as the Lead and the
> HotSpot Group as the sponsoring Group.
>
> In accordance with the OpenJDK guidelines [1], this project will provide a
> venue to explore and incubate Java VM features and APIs built on top of them
> for the implementation of lightweight user-mode threads (fibers), delimited
> continuations (of some form), and related features, such as explicit
> tail-call [2].
>
> The initial Reviewers and Committers will be:
>
> * John Rose
> * Karen Kinnear
> * Alan Bateman
> * Brian Goetz
> * Mark Reinhold
> * Ron Pressler
> * Paul Sandoz
> * Frederic Parain
> * Erik Duveblad
> * Vladimir Ivanov
>
> The initial source of this project will be a clone of a JDK 10 repository.
> Changes from the JDK 10 parent will be synced into Loom periodically. Similar
> to Project Valhalla, we will follow a "commit first, review later" policy, as
> code will not flow directly from the Loom repositories into the JDK
> repositories, but instead will be done by a "curated merge" where select
> changes are extracted into new changesets for incorporation into JDK
> repositories when they are ready for inclusion.
>
> Votes are due by by the end of November 10, 2017 (UTC).
>
> Only current OpenJDK Members [3] are eligible to vote on this
> motion. Votes must be cast in the open on the discuss list.
> Replying to this message is sufficient if your mail program
> honors the Reply-To header.
>
> For Lazy Consensus voting instructions, see [4].
>
> Ron Pressler
>
> [1] http://openjdk.java.net/projects/#new-project
> [2] http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~rpressler/loom/Loom-Proposal.html
> [3] http://openjdk.java.net/census#members
> [4] http://openjdk.java.net/projects/#new-project-vote

Re: CFV: New Project: Loom

Alan Bateman
Vote: yes

Re: CFV: New Project: Loom

Erik Helin-2
Vote: yes

Thanks,
Erik

On 10/27/2017 09:28 PM, Ron Pressler wrote:

> I hereby propose the creation of Project Loom with myself as the Lead and the
> HotSpot Group as the sponsoring Group.
>
> In accordance with the OpenJDK guidelines [1], this project will provide a
> venue to explore and incubate Java VM features and APIs built on top of them
> for the implementation of lightweight user-mode threads (fibers), delimited
> continuations (of some form), and related features, such as explicit
> tail-call [2].
>
> The initial Reviewers and Committers will be:
>
> * John Rose
> * Karen Kinnear
> * Alan Bateman
> * Brian Goetz
> * Mark Reinhold
> * Ron Pressler
> * Paul Sandoz
> * Frederic Parain
> * Erik Duveblad
> * Vladimir Ivanov
>
> The initial source of this project will be a clone of a JDK 10 repository.
> Changes from the JDK 10 parent will be synced into Loom periodically. Similar
> to Project Valhalla, we will follow a "commit first, review later" policy, as
> code will not flow directly from the Loom repositories into the JDK
> repositories, but instead will be done by a "curated merge" where select
> changes are extracted into new changesets for incorporation into JDK
> repositories when they are ready for inclusion.
>
> Votes are due by by the end of November 10, 2017 (UTC).
>
> Only current OpenJDK Members [3] are eligible to vote on this
> motion. Votes must be cast in the open on the discuss list.
> Replying to this message is sufficient if your mail program
> honors the Reply-To header.
>
> For Lazy Consensus voting instructions, see [4].
>
> Ron Pressler
>
> [1] http://openjdk.java.net/projects/#new-project
> [2] http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~rpressler/loom/Loom-Proposal.html
> [3] http://openjdk.java.net/census#members
> [4] http://openjdk.java.net/projects/#new-project-vote

Re: CFV: New Project: Loom

Vote: yes

David

On 28/10/2017 5:28 AM, Ron Pressler wrote:

> I hereby propose the creation of Project Loom with myself as the Lead and the
> HotSpot Group as the sponsoring Group.
>
> In accordance with the OpenJDK guidelines [1], this project will provide a
> venue to explore and incubate Java VM features and APIs built on top of them
> for the implementation of lightweight user-mode threads (fibers), delimited
> continuations (of some form), and related features, such as explicit
> tail-call [2].
>
> The initial Reviewers and Committers will be:
>
> * John Rose
> * Karen Kinnear
> * Alan Bateman
> * Brian Goetz
> * Mark Reinhold
> * Ron Pressler
> * Paul Sandoz
> * Frederic Parain
> * Erik Duveblad
> * Vladimir Ivanov
>
> The initial source of this project will be a clone of a JDK 10 repository.
> Changes from the JDK 10 parent will be synced into Loom periodically. Similar
> to Project Valhalla, we will follow a "commit first, review later" policy, as
> code will not flow directly from the Loom repositories into the JDK
> repositories, but instead will be done by a "curated merge" where select
> changes are extracted into new changesets for incorporation into JDK
> repositories when they are ready for inclusion.
>
> Votes are due by by the end of November 10, 2017 (UTC).
>
> Only current OpenJDK Members [3] are eligible to vote on this
> motion. Votes must be cast in the open on the discuss list.
> Replying to this message is sufficient if your mail program
> honors the Reply-To header.
>
> For Lazy Consensus voting instructions, see [4].
>
> Ron Pressler
>
> [1] http://openjdk.java.net/projects/#new-project
> [2] http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~rpressler/loom/Loom-Proposal.html
> [3] http://openjdk.java.net/census#members
> [4] http://openjdk.java.net/projects/#new-project-vote

RE: CFV: New Project: Loom

Markus Gronlund

Re: CFV: New Project: Loom

Magnus Ihse Bursie
Vote: yes

/Magnus

On 2017-10-27 21:28, Ron Pressler wrote:

> I hereby propose the creation of Project Loom with myself as the Lead and the
> HotSpot Group as the sponsoring Group.
>
> In accordance with the OpenJDK guidelines [1], this project will provide a
> venue to explore and incubate Java VM features and APIs built on top of them
> for the implementation of lightweight user-mode threads (fibers), delimited
> continuations (of some form), and related features, such as explicit
> tail-call [2].
>
> The initial Reviewers and Committers will be:
>
> * John Rose
> * Karen Kinnear
> * Alan Bateman
> * Brian Goetz
> * Mark Reinhold
> * Ron Pressler
> * Paul Sandoz
> * Frederic Parain
> * Erik Duveblad
> * Vladimir Ivanov
>
> The initial source of this project will be a clone of a JDK 10 repository.
> Changes from the JDK 10 parent will be synced into Loom periodically. Similar
> to Project Valhalla, we will follow a "commit first, review later" policy, as
> code will not flow directly from the Loom repositories into the JDK
> repositories, but instead will be done by a "curated merge" where select
> changes are extracted into new changesets for incorporation into JDK
> repositories when they are ready for inclusion.
>
> Votes are due by by the end of November 10, 2017 (UTC).
>
> Only current OpenJDK Members [3] are eligible to vote on this
> motion. Votes must be cast in the open on the discuss list.
> Replying to this message is sufficient if your mail program
> honors the Reply-To header.
>
> For Lazy Consensus voting instructions, see [4].
>
> Ron Pressler
>
> [1] http://openjdk.java.net/projects/#new-project
> [2] http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~rpressler/loom/Loom-Proposal.html
> [3] http://openjdk.java.net/census#members
> [4] http://openjdk.java.net/projects/#new-project-vote

Re: CFV: New Project: Loom

Andrew Haley
Vote: yes

--
Andrew Haley
Java Platform Lead Engineer
EAC8 43EB D3EF DB98 CC77 2FAD A5CD 6035 332F A671

Re: CFV: New Project: Loom

Jim Laskey (Oracle)
Vote: Yes

> On Oct 27, 2017, at 4:28 PM, Ron Pressler <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> I hereby propose the creation of Project Loom with myself as the Lead and the
> HotSpot Group as the sponsoring Group.
>
> In accordance with the OpenJDK guidelines [1], this project will provide a
> venue to explore and incubate Java VM features and APIs built on top of them
> for the implementation of lightweight user-mode threads (fibers), delimited
> continuations (of some form), and related features, such as explicit
> tail-call [2].
>
> The initial Reviewers and Committers will be:
>
> * John Rose
> * Karen Kinnear
> * Alan Bateman
> * Brian Goetz
> * Mark Reinhold
> * Ron Pressler
> * Paul Sandoz
> * Frederic Parain
> * Erik Duveblad
> * Vladimir Ivanov
>
> The initial source of this project will be a clone of a JDK 10 repository.
> Changes from the JDK 10 parent will be synced into Loom periodically. Similar
> to Project Valhalla, we will follow a "commit first, review later" policy, as
> code will not flow directly from the Loom repositories into the JDK
> repositories, but instead will be done by a "curated merge" where select
> changes are extracted into new changesets for incorporation into JDK
> repositories when they are ready for inclusion.
>
> Votes are due by by the end of November 10, 2017 (UTC).
>
> Only current OpenJDK Members [3] are eligible to vote on this
> motion. Votes must be cast in the open on the discuss list.
> Replying to this message is sufficient if your mail program
> honors the Reply-To header.
>
> For Lazy Consensus voting instructions, see [4].
>
> Ron Pressler
>
> [1] http://openjdk.java.net/projects/#new-project
> [2] http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~rpressler/loom/Loom-Proposal.html
> [3] http://openjdk.java.net/census#members
> [4] http://openjdk.java.net/projects/#new-project-vote

Re: CFV: New Project: Loom

roger riggs
Vote: Yes

On 10/27/2017 3:28 PM, Ron Pressler wrote:
> I hereby propose the creation of Project Loom with myself as the Lead and the
> HotSpot Group as the sponsoring Group.

Re: CFV: New Project: Loom

Joseph D. Darcy
Vote: yes

-Joe

Re: CFV: New Project: Loom

Stuart Marks
Vote: yes

On 10/27/17 12:28 PM, Ron Pressler wrote:

> I hereby propose the creation of Project Loom with myself as the Lead and the
> HotSpot Group as the sponsoring Group.
>
> In accordance with the OpenJDK guidelines [1], this project will provide a
> venue to explore and incubate Java VM features and APIs built on top of them
> for the implementation of lightweight user-mode threads (fibers), delimited
> continuations (of some form), and related features, such as explicit
> tail-call [2].
>
> The initial Reviewers and Committers will be:
>
> * John Rose
> * Karen Kinnear
> * Alan Bateman
> * Brian Goetz
> * Mark Reinhold
> * Ron Pressler
> * Paul Sandoz
> * Frederic Parain
> * Erik Duveblad
> * Vladimir Ivanov
>
> The initial source of this project will be a clone of a JDK 10 repository.
> Changes from the JDK 10 parent will be synced into Loom periodically. Similar
> to Project Valhalla, we will follow a "commit first, review later" policy, as
> code will not flow directly from the Loom repositories into the JDK
> repositories, but instead will be done by a "curated merge" where select
> changes are extracted into new changesets for incorporation into JDK
> repositories when they are ready for inclusion.
>
> Votes are due by by the end of November 10, 2017 (UTC).
>
> Only current OpenJDK Members [3] are eligible to vote on this
> motion. Votes must be cast in the open on the discuss list.
> Replying to this message is sufficient if your mail program
> honors the Reply-To header.
>
> For Lazy Consensus voting instructions, see [4].
>
> Ron Pressler
>
> [1] http://openjdk.java.net/projects/#new-project
> [2] http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~rpressler/loom/Loom-Proposal.html
> [3] http://openjdk.java.net/census#members
> [4] http://openjdk.java.net/projects/#new-project-vote

Re: CFV: New Project: Loom

Brent Christian-2
Vote: Yes
On 10/27/2017 12:28 PM, Ron Pressler wrote:
> I hereby propose the creation of Project Loom with myself as the Lead and the
> HotSpot Group as the sponsoring Group.

Re: CFV: New Project: Loom

Laurent Daynes
Vote: yes

On 10/27/17 12:28 PM, Ron Pressler wrote:

> I hereby propose the creation of Project Loom with myself as the Lead
> and the
> HotSpot Group as the sponsoring Group.
>
> In accordance with the OpenJDK guidelines [1], this project will
> provide a
> venue to explore and incubate Java VM features and APIs built on top
> of them
> for the implementation of lightweight user-mode threads (fibers),
> delimited
> continuations (of some form), and related features, such as explicit
> tail-call [2].
>
> The initial Reviewers and Committers will be:
>
> * John Rose
> * Karen Kinnear
> * Alan Bateman
> * Brian Goetz
> * Mark Reinhold
> * Ron Pressler
> * Paul Sandoz
> * Frederic Parain
> * Erik Duveblad
> * Vladimir Ivanov
>
> The initial source of this project will be a clone of a JDK 10
> repository.
> Changes from the JDK 10 parent will be synced into Loom periodically.
> Similar
> to Project Valhalla, we will follow a "commit first, review later"
> policy, as
> code will not flow directly from the Loom repositories into the JDK
> repositories, but instead will be done by a "curated merge" where select
> changes are extracted into new changesets for incorporation into JDK
> repositories when they are ready for inclusion.
>
> Votes are due by by the end of November 10, 2017 (UTC).
>
> Only current OpenJDK Members [3] are eligible to vote on this
> motion. Votes must be cast in the open on the discuss list.
> Replying to this message is sufficient if your mail program
> honors the Reply-To header.
>
> For Lazy Consensus voting instructions, see [4].
>
> Ron Pressler
>
> [1] http://openjdk.java.net/projects/#new-project
> [2] http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~rpressler/loom/Loom-Proposal.html
> [3] http://openjdk.java.net/census#members
> [4] http://openjdk.java.net/projects/#new-project-vote

Re: CFV: New Project: Loom

dalibor topic-2
Vote: Yes.

--
<http://www.oracle.com> Dalibor Topic | Principal Product Manager
Phone: +494089091214 <tel:+494089091214> | Mobile: +491737185961

ORACLE Deutschland B.V. & Co. KG | Kühnehöfe 5 | 22761 Hamburg

ORACLE Deutschland B.V. & Co. KG

<http://www.oracle.com/commitment> Oracle is committed to developing
practices and products that help protect the environment

Re: CFV: New Project: Loom

Maurizio Cimadamore
Vote: yes

Maurizio

On 27/10/17 20:28, Ron Pressler wrote:

> I hereby propose the creation of Project Loom with myself as the Lead and the
> HotSpot Group as the sponsoring Group.
>
> In accordance with the OpenJDK guidelines [1], this project will provide a
> venue to explore and incubate Java VM features and APIs built on top of them
> for the implementation of lightweight user-mode threads (fibers), delimited
> continuations (of some form), and related features, such as explicit
> tail-call [2].
>
> The initial Reviewers and Committers will be:
>
> * John Rose
> * Karen Kinnear
> * Alan Bateman
> * Brian Goetz
> * Mark Reinhold
> * Ron Pressler
> * Paul Sandoz
> * Frederic Parain
> * Erik Duveblad
> * Vladimir Ivanov
>
> The initial source of this project will be a clone of a JDK 10 repository.
> Changes from the JDK 10 parent will be synced into Loom periodically. Similar
> to Project Valhalla, we will follow a "commit first, review later" policy, as
> code will not flow directly from the Loom repositories into the JDK
> repositories, but instead will be done by a "curated merge" where select
> changes are extracted into new changesets for incorporation into JDK
> repositories when they are ready for inclusion.
>
> Votes are due by by the end of November 10, 2017 (UTC).
>
> Only current OpenJDK Members [3] are eligible to vote on this
> motion. Votes must be cast in the open on the discuss list.
> Replying to this message is sufficient if your mail program
> honors the Reply-To header.
>
> For Lazy Consensus voting instructions, see [4].
>
> Ron Pressler
>
> [1] http://openjdk.java.net/projects/#new-project
> [2] http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~rpressler/loom/Loom-Proposal.html
> [3] http://openjdk.java.net/census#members