Re: CFV: New Project: Project Duke

Jim Laskey (Oracle)
Vote: Yes

> On Apr 6, 2017, at 12:11 PM, Jeff Dinkins <[hidden email]> wrote:
>

> I hereby propose the creation of Project Duke, with myself as the
> Lead and the Core Libraries and Web groups as sponsoring groups.
>
> In accordance with the OpenJDK guidelines [1], this project will
> provide a location for Duke graphics to reside.  Duke is the Java
> mascot, which was open sourced by Sun on November 13th 2006.
>
> About the Lead: Jeff Dinkins (OpenJDK username: jeff) is a JDK 9
> Committer, and has had experinece drawing Duke for 15+ years.
>
> The initial Committers will be:
>
> * James Gosling
> • Jasper Potts
> * Jeff Dinkins
>
> The project will host at least the following mailing list:
>
> * duke-dev for developers & aspiring graphics artists
>
> The initial “source" of this project will be based on a clone of the
> existing (but soon to disappear) repo on Kenai [2].
>
> Votes are due by April 21st, 2017.
>
> Only current OpenJDK Members [3] are eligible to vote on this motion.
> Votes must be cast in the open on the discuss list. Replying to this
> message is sufficient if your mail program honors the Reply-To header.
>
> For Lazy Consensus voting instructions, see [4].
>

> [1] http://openjdk.java.net/projects/#new-project
>
> [2] https://duke.kenai.com
>
> [3] http://openjdk.java.net/census#members
>
> [4] http://openjdk.java.net/projects/#new-project-vote

Re: CFV: New Project: Project Duke

Mario Torre-5
Vote: Yes.

> About the Lead: Jeff Dinkins (OpenJDK username: jeff) is a JDK 9
> Committer, and has had experinece drawing Duke for 15+ years.

:)

Cheers,
Mario
--
pgp key: http://subkeys.pgp.net/ PGP Key ID: 80F240CF
Fingerprint: BA39 9666 94EC 8B73 27FA  FC7C 4086 63E3 80F2 40CF

Java Champion - Blog: http://neugens.wordpress.com - Twitter: @neugens
Proud GNU Classpath developer: http://www.classpath.org/
OpenJDK: http://openjdk.java.net/projects/caciocavallo/

Please, support open standards:
http://endsoftpatents.org/

Re: CFV: New Project: Project Duke

Omair Majid
Vote: Yes

* Jeff Dinkins <[hidden email]> [2017-04-06 11:26]:
> I hereby propose the creation of Project Duke, with myself as the
> Lead and the Core Libraries and Web groups as sponsoring groups.
>
> In accordance with the OpenJDK guidelines [1], this project will
> provide a location for Duke graphics to reside.  Duke is the Java
> mascot, which was open sourced by Sun on November 13th 2006.

Thanks,
Omair

PGP Key: 66484681 (http://pgp.mit.edu/)
Fingerprint = F072 555B 0A17 3957 4E95  0056 F286 F14F 6648 4681

Re: CFV: New Project: Project Duke

mark.reinhold
Vote: yes

- Mark

Re: CFV: New Project: Project Duke

Daniel D. Daugherty
Vote: yes

Dan

On 4/6/17 9:11 AM, Jeff Dinkins wrote:

> I hereby propose the creation of Project Duke, with myself as the
> Lead and the Core Libraries and Web groups as sponsoring groups.
>
> In accordance with the OpenJDK guidelines [1], this project will
> provide a location for Duke graphics to reside.  Duke is the Java
> mascot, which was open sourced by Sun on November 13th 2006.
>
> About the Lead: Jeff Dinkins (OpenJDK username: jeff) is a JDK 9
> Committer, and has had experinece drawing Duke for 15+ years.
>
> The initial Committers will be:
>
> * James Gosling
> • Jasper Potts
> * Jeff Dinkins
>
> The project will host at least the following mailing list:
>
> * duke-dev for developers & aspiring graphics artists
>
> The initial “source" of this project will be based on a clone of the
> existing (but soon to disappear) repo on Kenai [2].
>
> Votes are due by April 21st, 2017.
>
> Only current OpenJDK Members [3] are eligible to vote on this motion.
> Votes must be cast in the open on the discuss list. Replying to this
> message is sufficient if your mail program honors the Reply-To header.
>
> For Lazy Consensus voting instructions, see [4].
>

> [1] http://openjdk.java.net/projects/#new-project
>
> [2] https://duke.kenai.com
>
> [3] http://openjdk.java.net/census#members
>
> [4] http://openjdk.java.net/projects/#new-project-vote

Re: CFV: New Project: Project Duke

Naoto Sato-2
Vote: yes

Naoto

Re: CFV: New Project: Project Duke

roger riggs
Vote: Yes

On 4/6/2017 11:11 AM, Jeff Dinkins wrote:
> I hereby propose the creation of Project Duke, with myself as the
> Lead and the Core Libraries and Web groups as sponsoring groups.

Re: CFV: New Project: Project Duke

Alan Bateman
Vote: yes

Re: CFV: New Project: Project Duke

joe darcy
Vote: Yes!

-Joe

On 4/6/2017 8:11 AM, Jeff Dinkins wrote:

> I hereby propose the creation of Project Duke, with myself as the
> Lead and the Core Libraries and Web groups as sponsoring groups.
>
> In accordance with the OpenJDK guidelines [1], this project will
> provide a location for Duke graphics to reside.  Duke is the Java
> mascot, which was open sourced by Sun on November 13th 2006.
>
> About the Lead: Jeff Dinkins (OpenJDK username: jeff) is a JDK 9
> Committer, and has had experinece drawing Duke for 15+ years.
>
> The initial Committers will be:
>
> * James Gosling
> • Jasper Potts
> * Jeff Dinkins
>
> The project will host at least the following mailing list:
>
> * duke-dev for developers & aspiring graphics artists
>
> The initial “source" of this project will be based on a clone of the
> existing (but soon to disappear) repo on Kenai [2].
>
> Votes are due by April 21st, 2017.
>
> Only current OpenJDK Members [3] are eligible to vote on this motion.
> Votes must be cast in the open on the discuss list. Replying to this
> message is sufficient if your mail program honors the Reply-To header.
>
> For Lazy Consensus voting instructions, see [4].
>

> [1] http://openjdk.java.net/projects/#new-project
>
> [2] https://duke.kenai.com
>
> [3] http://openjdk.java.net/census#members
>
> [4] http://openjdk.java.net/projects/#new-project-vote

Re: CFV: New Project: Project Duke

David Grieve

On 4/6/17 11:55 AM, joe darcy wrote:

> Vote: Yes!
>
> -Joe
>

> On 4/6/2017 8:11 AM, Jeff Dinkins wrote:
>> I hereby propose the creation of Project Duke, with myself as the
>> Lead and the Core Libraries and Web groups as sponsoring groups.
>>
>> In accordance with the OpenJDK guidelines [1], this project will
>> provide a location for Duke graphics to reside.  Duke is the Java
>> mascot, which was open sourced by Sun on November 13th 2006.
>>
>> About the Lead: Jeff Dinkins (OpenJDK username: jeff) is a JDK 9
>> Committer, and has had experinece drawing Duke for 15+ years.
>>
>> The initial Committers will be:
>>
>> * James Gosling
>> • Jasper Potts
>> * Jeff Dinkins
>>
>> The project will host at least the following mailing list:
>>
>> * duke-dev for developers & aspiring graphics artists
>>
>> The initial “source" of this project will be based on a clone of the
>> existing (but soon to disappear) repo on Kenai [2].
>>
>> Votes are due by April 21st, 2017.
>>
>> Only current OpenJDK Members [3] are eligible to vote on this motion.
>> Votes must be cast in the open on the discuss list. Replying to this
>> message is sufficient if your mail program honors the Reply-To header.
>>
>> For Lazy Consensus voting instructions, see [4].
>>

>> [1] http://openjdk.java.net/projects/#new-project
>>
>> [2] https://duke.kenai.com
>>
>> [3] http://openjdk.java.net/census#members
>>
>> [4] http://openjdk.java.net/projects/#new-project-vote

Re: CFV: New Project: Project Duke

Daniel Fuchs
Vote: yes

On 06/04/2017 16:11, Jeff Dinkins wrote:

> I hereby propose the creation of Project Duke, with myself as the
> Lead and the Core Libraries and Web groups as sponsoring groups.

Re: CFV: New Project: Project Duke

Brent Christian-2
Vote: Yes

> I hereby propose the creation of Project Duke, with myself as the
> Lead and the Core Libraries and Web groups as sponsoring groups.

Re: CFV: New Project: Project Duke

Jesper Wilhelmsson
Vote: Yes
/Jesper

> On 6 Apr 2017, at 17:11, Jeff Dinkins <[hidden email]> wrote:
>

> I hereby propose the creation of Project Duke, with myself as the
> Lead and the Core Libraries and Web groups as sponsoring groups.
>
> In accordance with the OpenJDK guidelines [1], this project will
> provide a location for Duke graphics to reside.  Duke is the Java
> mascot, which was open sourced by Sun on November 13th 2006.
>
> About the Lead: Jeff Dinkins (OpenJDK username: jeff) is a JDK 9
> Committer, and has had experinece drawing Duke for 15+ years.
>
> The initial Committers will be:
>
> * James Gosling
> • Jasper Potts
> * Jeff Dinkins
>
> The project will host at least the following mailing list:
>
> * duke-dev for developers & aspiring graphics artists
>
> The initial “source" of this project will be based on a clone of the
> existing (but soon to disappear) repo on Kenai [2].
>
> Votes are due by April 21st, 2017.
>
> Only current OpenJDK Members [3] are eligible to vote on this motion.
> Votes must be cast in the open on the discuss list. Replying to this
> message is sufficient if your mail program honors the Reply-To header.
>
> For Lazy Consensus voting instructions, see [4].
>

> [1] http://openjdk.java.net/projects/#new-project
>
> [2] https://duke.kenai.com
>
> [3] http://openjdk.java.net/census#members
>
> [4] http://openjdk.java.net/projects/#new-project-vote

Re: CFV: New Project: Project Duke

Jonathan Gibbons
Vote: yes

On 4/6/17 8:11 AM, Jeff Dinkins wrote:

> I hereby propose the creation of Project Duke, with myself as the
> Lead and the Core Libraries and Web groups as sponsoring groups.
>
> In accordance with the OpenJDK guidelines [1], this project will
> provide a location for Duke graphics to reside.  Duke is the Java
> mascot, which was open sourced by Sun on November 13th 2006.
>
> About the Lead: Jeff Dinkins (OpenJDK username: jeff) is a JDK 9
> Committer, and has had experinece drawing Duke for 15+ years.
>
> The initial Committers will be:
>
> * James Gosling
> • Jasper Potts
> * Jeff Dinkins
>
> The project will host at least the following mailing list:
>
> * duke-dev for developers & aspiring graphics artists
>
> The initial “source" of this project will be based on a clone of the
> existing (but soon to disappear) repo on Kenai [2].
>
> Votes are due by April 21st, 2017.
>
> Only current OpenJDK Members [3] are eligible to vote on this motion.
> Votes must be cast in the open on the discuss list. Replying to this
> message is sufficient if your mail program honors the Reply-To header.
>
> For Lazy Consensus voting instructions, see [4].
>

> [1] http://openjdk.java.net/projects/#new-project
>
> [2] https://duke.kenai.com
>
> [3] http://openjdk.java.net/census#members
>
> [4] http://openjdk.java.net/projects/#new-project-vote

Re: CFV: New Project: Project Duke

Tim Bell
Vote: yes

Tim

On 04/06/17 08:11, Jeff Dinkins wrote:
> I hereby propose the creation of Project Duke, with myself as the
> Lead and the Core Libraries and Web groups as sponsoring groups.

Re: CFV: New Project: Project Duke

Peter B. Kessler-2
Vote: Yes.

                        ... peter

On 04/ 6/17 08:11 AM, Jeff Dinkins wrote:

> I hereby propose the creation of Project Duke, with myself as the
> Lead and the Core Libraries and Web groups as sponsoring groups.

Re: CFV: New Project: Project Duke

Peter B. Kessler-2
It doesn't look like the kenai repository has the "Tumbling Duke" images.  I have them (T1.gif through T17.gif, though I don't think all of them got used in the applet) if everyone else has misplaced their copies.  I used them in some demo (to show GC pauses and their effect on animation?)

Even better, I have an original Joe Palrang whiteboard drawing of Duke holding a time bomb.  If memory serves, it was the countdown clock for the Moviewood demo, which got cancelled at day 34.  Carla Schroer gave it to Lisa Friendly when she left Sun, and Lisa gave it to me when she left Sun.  My contribution was to put a sheet of plexiglass over it so it didn't get erased accidentally.  I have a photograph of it somewhere.  It don't think the internets are capable of uploading physical objects.

                        ... peter

On 04/ 6/17 08:11 AM, Jeff Dinkins wrote:

> I hereby propose the creation of Project Duke, with myself as the
> Lead and the Core Libraries and Web groups as sponsoring groups.
>
> In accordance with the OpenJDK guidelines [1], this project will
> provide a location for Duke graphics to reside.  Duke is the Java
> mascot, which was open sourced by Sun on November 13th 2006.
>
> About the Lead: Jeff Dinkins (OpenJDK username: jeff) is a JDK 9
> Committer, and has had experinece drawing Duke for 15+ years.
>
> The initial Committers will be:
>
> * James Gosling
> • Jasper Potts
> * Jeff Dinkins
>
> The project will host at least the following mailing list:
>
> * duke-dev for developers & aspiring graphics artists
>
> The initial “source" of this project will be based on a clone of the
> existing (but soon to disappear) repo on Kenai [2].
>
> Votes are due by April 21st, 2017.
>
> Only current OpenJDK Members [3] are eligible to vote on this motion.
> Votes must be cast in the open on the discuss list. Replying to this
> message is sufficient if your mail program honors the Reply-To header.
>
> For Lazy Consensus voting instructions, see [4].
>

> [1] http://openjdk.java.net/projects/#new-project
>
> [2] https://duke.kenai.com
>
> [3] http://openjdk.java.net/census#members
>
> [4] http://openjdk.java.net/projects/#new-project-vote

Re: CFV: New Project: Project Duke

Jim Graham-5
Vote: Yes

                ...jim

> I hereby propose the creation of Project Duke, with myself as the
> Lead and the Core Libraries and Web groups as sponsoring groups.

Re: CFV: New Project: Project Duke

John Rose-3
On Apr 6, 2017, at 8:11 AM, Jeff Dinkins <[hidden email]> wrote:

> I hereby propose the creation of Project Duke, with myself as the
> Lead and the Core Libraries and Web groups as sponsoring groups.

Vote: yes

Comment:  I offer whatever JVMLS graphic files we have as contributions.

Re: CFV: New Project: Project Duke

Stuart Marks
Vote: yes

On 4/6/17 8:11 AM, Jeff Dinkins wrote:

> I hereby propose the creation of Project Duke, with myself as the
> Lead and the Core Libraries and Web groups as sponsoring groups.
>
> In accordance with the OpenJDK guidelines [1], this project will
> provide a location for Duke graphics to reside.  Duke is the Java
> mascot, which was open sourced by Sun on November 13th 2006.
>
> About the Lead: Jeff Dinkins (OpenJDK username: jeff) is a JDK 9
> Committer, and has had experinece drawing Duke for 15+ years.
>
> The initial Committers will be:
>
> * James Gosling
> • Jasper Potts
> * Jeff Dinkins
>
> The project will host at least the following mailing list:
>
> * duke-dev for developers & aspiring graphics artists
>
> The initial “source" of this project will be based on a clone of the
> existing (but soon to disappear) repo on Kenai [2].
>
> Votes are due by April 21st, 2017.
>
> Only current OpenJDK Members [3] are eligible to vote on this motion.
> Votes must be cast in the open on the discuss list. Replying to this
> message is sufficient if your mail program honors the Reply-To header.
>
> For Lazy Consensus voting instructions, see [4].
>

> [1] http://openjdk.java.net/projects/#new-project
>
> [2] https://duke.kenai.com
>
> [3] http://openjdk.java.net/census#members
>
> [4] http://openjdk.java.net/projects/#new-project-vote