Quantcast

Re: RFR 8175013: Add @Generated Annotation

Remi Forax
And deprecate the old.

Maybe it will be done as a part of another commit given javax.annotation.Generated is in another workspace.

so i've added compiler-dev, since this will be commited to langtools.

Rémi

Re: RFR 8175013: Add @Generated Annotation

Lance Andersen
Hi Remi,

On Mar 16, 2017, at 10:32 AM, Remi Forax <[hidden email]> wrote:

And deprecate the old.

We will be deprecating the Java EE modules in Java SE so in a sense that is happening.

It would require an MR to common annotations to deprecate the annotation in javax.annotation. and the Java EE folks do not have an MR planned at this time for that JSR

Best
Lance

Maybe it will be done as a part of another commit given javax.annotation.Generated is in another workspace.

so i've added compiler-dev, since this will be commited to langtools.

Rémi

On 16/03/2017 13:42, Lance Andersen wrote:
Hi all,

Per the discussion [1],  please find the webrev for adding a replacement
annotation for javax.annotation.Generated .

It would be good to have a link from the old @Generated to the new.

-Alan

Lance Andersen| Principal Member of Technical Staff | +1.781.442.2037
Oracle Java Engineering
1 Network Drive
Burlington, MA 01803

On 16/03/2017 13:42, Lance Andersen wrote:
Hi all,

Per the discussion [1],  please find the webrev for adding a replacement
annotation for javax.annotation.Generated .

It would be good to have a link from the old @Generated to the new.

-Alan

Lance Andersen| Principal Member of Technical Staff | <a href="tel:(781)%20442-2037" value="+17814422037" class="gmail_msg cremed" target="_blank">+1.781.442.2037
Oracle Java Engineering
1 Network Drive
Burlington, MA 01803
[hidden email]

oracle_sig_logo.gif (902 bytes) Download Attachment
oracle_sig_logo.gif (902 bytes) Download Attachment

Re: RFR 8175013: Add @Generated Annotation

Alan Bateman

JSR-250 has had @Generated fro 10+ years and it would be useful to see if they have had any similar feedback.

-Alan

Re: RFR 8175013: Add @Generated Annotation

Lance Andersen
I have update the webrev to remove MODULE as a Target for now as javax.annotations.processing uses the JDK 8 compiler during the build process.

Given where we are in the JDK 9 timeline, I prefer to not to change the Retention value.  We can have a discussion for JDK 10 regarding the merits of changing the value.  Right now the intent is to have a replacement for the JSR 250 flavor of this annotation to provide for an easier transition.

Best
Lance