Re: RFR: 8261998: Remove unused shared entry support from utilities/hashtable

Re: RFR: 8261998: Remove unused shared entry support from utilities/hashtable

Coleen Phillimore-3
On Fri, 19 Feb 2021 02:39:20 GMT, Kim Barrett <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Please review this small cleanup in the utilities/hashtable facility.  The
> support for "shared" entries is no longer needed or used, so is being deleted.
>
> Testing:
> mach5 tier1-4 (some CDS tests are in tier4)

We might want to share other hashtables like this, like the loader constraint table, but I don't think this will be needed.

src/hotspot/share/prims/jvmtiTagMapTable.cpp line 255:

> 253:       }
> 254:       // get next entry
> 255:       entry = (JvmtiTagMapEntry*)HashtableEntry<WeakHandle, mtServiceability>::make_ptr(*p);

Nice to get rid of this.  It would be nice if the hashtables didn't need to declare bucket() and bucket_addr() with all these casts but some template nonsense makes it not compile.

Marked as reviewed by coleenp (Reviewer).

Re: RFR: 8261998: Remove unused shared entry support from utilities/hashtable

Ioi Lam-2
On Fri, 19 Feb 2021 02:39:20 GMT, Kim Barrett <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Please review this small cleanup in the utilities/hashtable facility.  The
> support for "shared" entries is no longer needed or used, so is being deleted.
>
> Testing:
> mach5 tier1-4 (some CDS tests are in tier4)

Marked as reviewed by iklam (Reviewer).