Re: RFR: 8264848: [macos] libjvm.dylib linker warning due to macOS version mismatch [v2]

Re: RFR: 8264848: [macos] libjvm.dylib linker warning due to macOS version mismatch [v2]

Lutz Schmidt
> May I please request reviews for this small build fix. It removes a linker warning by adding a assembly-time parameter which was previously missing. The same parameter is used at c++ compile time.

Lutz Schmidt has updated the pull request incrementally with one additional commit since the last revision:

  Updated comment per request from erikj79

-------------

Changes:
  - new: https://git.openjdk.java.net/jdk/pull/3379/files/e8da1ccf..323f5014

Webrevs:
 - full: https://webrevs.openjdk.java.net/?repo=jdk&pr=3379&range=01
 - incr: https://webrevs.openjdk.java.net/?repo=jdk&pr=3379&range=00-01

  Stats: 1 line in 1 file changed: 0 ins; 0 del; 1 mod
  Fetch: git fetch https://git.openjdk.java.net/jdk pull/3379/head:pull/3379

Re: RFR: 8264848: [macos] libjvm.dylib linker warning due to macOS version mismatch [v2]

Erik Joelsson-2
On Wed, 7 Apr 2021 18:48:01 GMT, Lutz Schmidt <[hidden email]> wrote:

>> May I please request reviews for this small build fix. It removes a linker warning by adding a assembly-time parameter which was previously missing. The same parameter is used at c++ compile time.
>
> Lutz Schmidt has updated the pull request incrementally with one additional commit since the last revision:
>
>   Updated comment per request from erikj79

Marked as reviewed by erikj (Reviewer).

Re: RFR: 8264848: [macos] libjvm.dylib linker warning due to macOS version mismatch [v2]

Daniel D.Daugherty
On Wed, 7 Apr 2021 18:48:01 GMT, Lutz Schmidt <[hidden email]> wrote:

>> May I please request reviews for this small build fix. It removes a linker warning by adding a assembly-time parameter which was previously missing. The same parameter is used at c++ compile time.
>
> Lutz Schmidt has updated the pull request incrementally with one additional commit since the last revision:
>
>   Updated comment per request from erikj79

Thumbs up.

-------------

Marked as reviewed by dcubed (Reviewer).

On Wed, 7 Apr 2021 19:03:14 GMT, Daniel D. Daugherty <[hidden email]> wrote:

>> Lutz Schmidt has updated the pull request incrementally with one additional commit since the last revision:
>>
>>   Updated comment per request from erikj79
>
> Thumbs up.

Side bar: I don't quite understand the commit history part of this PR.
It looks like this PR was used for something else before it was used
for this fix.

On Wed, 7 Apr 2021 19:06:26 GMT, Daniel D. Daugherty <[hidden email]> wrote:

>> Thumbs up.
>
> Side bar: I don't quite understand the commit history part of this PR.
> It looks like this PR was used for something else before it was used
> for this fix.

@dcubed-ojdk Please just ignore the commit history. For some reason I don't understand, my push of JDK-8264848 was appended to the pushes for JDK-8264173. With previous PRs, that did not happen. Luckily, GitHub was smart enough.

Btw, thanks a lot for the review!

Re: RFR: 8264848: [macos] libjvm.dylib linker warning due to macOS version mismatch [v2]

Christoph Langer
On Wed, 7 Apr 2021 18:48:01 GMT, Lutz Schmidt <[hidden email]> wrote:

>> May I please request reviews for this small build fix. It removes a linker warning by adding a assembly-time parameter which was previously missing. The same parameter is used at c++ compile time.
>
> Lutz Schmidt has updated the pull request incrementally with one additional commit since the last revision:
>
>   Updated comment per request from erikj79

Cool, Lutz, you found it 👍

Marked as reviewed by clanger (Reviewer).

On Wed, 7 Apr 2021 21:59:15 GMT, Christoph Langer <[hidden email]> wrote:

>> Lutz Schmidt has updated the pull request incrementally with one additional commit since the last revision:
>>
>>   Updated comment per request from erikj79
>
> Cool, Lutz, you found it 👍

Thank you for the review, Christoph!
I'll integrate the change today, early afternoon (UTC).