Re: RFR: JDK-8190484 Move jvm.h, jmm.h et al to hotspot/*/include

Re: RFR: JDK-8190484 Move jvm.h, jmm.h et al to hotspot/*/include

coleen.phillimore
I'm not a makefile expert, but think this looks like a very nice cleanup.
Thanks!
Coleen

On 12/4/17 7:56 AM, David Holmes wrote:

> On 4/12/2017 10:44 PM, Magnus Ihse Bursie wrote:
>> On 2017-12-04 12:17, David Holmes wrote:
>>> Hi Magnus,

>>> Do you want this in 10 or 11? If you want 10 then you need to push
>>> to jdk/jdk as there may not be another snapshot from jdk/hs.
>> It was targeted at 11 in the JBS issue. I don't have a strong opinion
>> on forcing this into JDK 10. Also, one of the fixes it depended on
>> was not yet integrated from jdk/hs to jdk/jdk.
>>
>> But if you think it should go into JDK 10 and jdk/jdk, just let me
>> know and I'll move the changeset there, and await the next jdk/hs ->
>> jdk/jdk integration.
>
> Things are not quite working that way at the moment - see [1] - hs has
> potentially taken its last snapshot before JDK 10 is forked. If this
> must go into 10 then it has to be pushed direct to jdk/jdk. If it may
> go in 10 or 11, then it can go into jdk/hs (and it will end up in 10
> if there is a second snapshot, else 11). If it is only intended for 11
> then it must not be pushed until after the Dec 14 fork of JDK 10.
>
> I have no opinion one way or the other.

It looks like > changes to jdk than hotspot so I'd pick 10 and pushing
it to jdk/jdk.  I've retarged it to 10 in the bug.   This looks like the
end of a cleanup that would be nice to be all in the same release.

Coleen