Reporting into hudson

David Herron @ Sun
Hi, I'm fiddling with running openjdk builds & jtreg under hudson ...
(see http://home.7gen.com:8080 ..)

What I'm looking at right now is how to get jtreg test results to
display in hudson.

My question is.. since jtreg is a wrapper around javatest, shouldn't
there be a way to use the hudson plugin for javatest results to make a
pretty graph on the hudson dashboard?

I have the javatest plugin installed & enabled, and in the configuration
it wants the work directory (easy) plus the fileset for the XML files.
Uh... There isn't a jtreg option to produce a report in XML files.  Is
there?

- David Herron

Re: Reporting into hudson

jonathan.gibbons
Not until someone asks.

-- Jon

David Herron wrote:

> Hi, I'm fiddling with running openjdk builds & jtreg under hudson ...
> (see http://home.7gen.com:8080 ..)
>
> What I'm looking at right now is how to get jtreg test results to
> display in hudson.
>
> My question is.. since jtreg is a wrapper around javatest, shouldn't
> there be a way to use the hudson plugin for javatest results to make a
> pretty graph on the hudson dashboard?
>
> I have the javatest plugin installed & enabled, and in the
> configuration it wants the work directory (easy) plus the fileset for
> the XML files.  Uh... There isn't a jtreg option to produce a report
> in XML files.  Is there?
> - David Herron

Re: Reporting into hudson

David Herron @ Sun
Oh, I see.

So, pretty please, with sugar on top, I'd love it if jtreg were to
produce javatest-compatible XML report files we can display in hudson? ;-)

- David

Jonathan Gibbons wrote:

> Not until someone asks.
>
> -- Jon
>
> David Herron wrote:
>> Hi, I'm fiddling with running openjdk builds & jtreg under hudson ...
>> (see http://home.7gen.com:8080 ..)
>>
>> What I'm looking at right now is how to get jtreg test results to
>> display in hudson.
>>
>> My question is.. since jtreg is a wrapper around javatest, shouldn't
>> there be a way to use the hudson plugin for javatest results to make
>> a pretty graph on the hudson dashboard?
>>
>> I have the javatest plugin installed & enabled, and in the
>> configuration it wants the work directory (easy) plus the fileset for
>> the XML files.  Uh... There isn't a jtreg option to produce a report
>> in XML files.  Is there?
>> - David Herron

Re: Reporting into hudson

David Herron @ Sun
sheesh, I clicked SEND a moment too soon..

It occurred to me the real request may not be javatest-compatible XML
reports as that might not work out right, and it might be necessary to
instead teach hudson how to understand jtreg results.

- David

David Herron wrote:

> Oh, I see.
> So, pretty please, with sugar on top, I'd love it if jtreg were to
> produce javatest-compatible XML report files we can display in hudson?
> ;-)
>
> - David
>

> Jonathan Gibbons wrote:
>> Not until someone asks.
>>
>> -- Jon
>>
>> David Herron wrote:
>>> Hi, I'm fiddling with running openjdk builds & jtreg under hudson
>>> ... (see http://home.7gen.com:8080 ..)
>>>
>>> What I'm looking at right now is how to get jtreg test results to
>>> display in hudson.
>>>
>>> My question is.. since jtreg is a wrapper around javatest, shouldn't
>>> there be a way to use the hudson plugin for javatest results to make
>>> a pretty graph on the hudson dashboard?
>>>
>>> I have the javatest plugin installed & enabled, and in the
>>> configuration it wants the work directory (easy) plus the fileset
>>> for the XML files.  Uh... There isn't a jtreg option to produce a
>>> report in XML files.  Is there?
>>> - David Herron

Re: Reporting into hudson

jonathan.gibbons
Well, the initial experiment to enable XML reports is clearly easy.

-- Jon